The Official Banter Away Thread

Pretty good dinner on the plane.

19d71e85216174792d979e2a352d8a38.jpg

JB;n8878989 said:
Pretty good dinner on the plane.

19d71e85216174792d979e2a352d8a38.jpg

United striped it’s game up with plane food recently. AA (I assume) do the same?

Molten;n8878993 said:
United striped it’s game up with plane food recently. AA (I assume) do the same?

I think so. Domestic is still just okay, but way better than it used to be. Plus the warm cookie is always good.

JB;n8878988 said:
That’s a horrible idea. Thousands in food, work and time. Plus it certainly doesn’t hurt home values

Work and time, maybe. Just because you have power, doesn't mean you have internet. I had power all day, yet Frontier decided to be Frontier and we lost internet for 5 hours or so. Because Frontier. In your case, I guess you could wirelessly tether, but I'm guessing your phone would just explode if it were trying to power some of the content sizes you put up.

Food, sure I can see that. How many generator uses do you need to have though for it to break even? If I lose in the history of my current home 2k in food, I'm still way up in the scheme of things.

Home value is a toss up. A panic room is awesome, and should add home value. They don't add a darn thing. I've seen only a handful of just generator plugs in homes and most of them are done incorrectly because they're double tapped into a fuse, so they really should be corrected and done right before using again anyway. The seller naturally wants to keep the generator if at all possible, so the buyer never uses it. A whole house one is useful, but you're using it for yourself more than it's going to add value. It's a selling point, sure. But it'll never sniff what you pay to get in installed.

MWard;n8878995 said:
Work and time, maybe. Just because you have power, doesn't mean you have internet. I had power all day, yet Frontier decided to be Frontier and we lost internet for 5 hours or so. Because Frontier. In your case, I guess you could wirelessly tether, but I'm guessing your phone would just explode if it were trying to power some of the content sizes you put up.

Food, sure I can see that. How many generator uses do you need to have though for it to break even? If I lose in the history of my current home 2k in food, I'm still way up in the scheme of things.

Home value is a toss up. A panic room is awesome, and should add home value. They don't add a darn thing. I've seen only a handful of just generator plugs in homes and most of them are done incorrectly because they're double tapped into a fuse, so they really should be corrected and done right before using again anyway. The seller naturally wants to keep the generator if at all possible, so the buyer never uses it. A whole house one is useful, but you're using it for yourself more than it's going to add value. It's a selling point, sure. But it'll never sniff what you pay to get in installed.

Sometimes itÂ’s not about the path of least resistance. Using your metrics, you should never buy golf clubs right?

Life and comfort should be considered. All of the stuff above is a bonus on why it makes sense, above not living like a cave person.

JB;n8879000 said:
Sometimes it’s not about the path of least resistance. Using your metrics, you should never buy golf clubs right?

Sometimes life and comfort should be considered.

I mean yeah, I absolutely shouldn't buy golf clubs. I suck now haha. But, they're shiny and pretty.

I don't disagree about life and comfort. Let's be real, a nasty storm comes your way and so long as the windows can be covered up, your house is the place to be. Unless that roof falls off, you're good to go. My personal comfort though looks at the cost to install all of that and unless it's a long term stay put situation, it just seems like it's cheaper to burn the house down and collect the insurance and build something from scratch with a whole house generator.*

Spoiler
* Speak with the THP attorneys and insurance agent members and definitely take everything they say as legal advice and ways to get away with this idea. They're basically giving you the tools to do it all right? Molten? You sign off on this idea yes? PERFECT

MWard;n8879003 said:
I mean yeah, I absolutely shouldn't buy golf clubs. I suck now haha. But, they're shiny and pretty.

I don't disagree about life and comfort. Let's be real, a nasty storm comes your way and so long as the windows can be covered up, your house is the place to be. Unless that roof falls off, you're good to go. My personal comfort though looks at the cost to install all of that and unless it's a long term stay put situation, it just seems like it's cheaper to burn the house down and collect the insurance and build something from scratch with a whole house generator.*

Spoiler
* Speak with the THP attorneys and insurance agent members and definitely take everything they say as legal advice and ways to get away with this idea. They're basically giving you the tools to do it all right? Molten? You sign off on this idea yes? PERFECT

See brother...path of least resistance

Mods disregard the flagged post. We are doing testing with Ben working on a couple of bugs.

My golf game may be struggling but my lawn striping game is strong. This is the best our lawn as ever looked in August.

Attachments

• photo35984.jpg
    photo35984.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
wubears71;n8880059 said:
My golf game may be struggling but my lawn striping game is strong. This is the best our lawn as ever looked in August.

Seriously?! I think you missed a spot, brother ;)

26A83D23-17B4-4006-B473-8C8863D45FC5.jpeg

oumagic;n8880078 said:
Seriously?! I think you missed a spot, brother ;)

Sorry. I’ll do better next time!

wubears71;n8880059 said:

Damn that’s pretty sharp. Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alez367;n8880112 said:
Damn that’s pretty sharp. Nice job

Thanks. I pulled apart my lawn mower this weekend to fix the transmission and replace the rear wheels along with de-burring the rear axle. So I put on a roller too since I had it all torn apart. The results were miraculous.

This year I also have been diligent about not watering too much and applying fingaside in July and August. Both have made an incredible improvement on how things typically look this time of year.

wubears71;n8880120 said:
Thanks. I pulled apart my lawn mower this weekend to fix the transmission and replace the rear wheels along with de-burring the rear axle. So I put on a roller too since I had it all torn apart. The results were miraculous.

This year I also have been diligent about not watering too much and applying fingaside in July and August. Both have made an incredible improvement on how things typically look this time of year.

I was going to ask your water bill given the greenish color and the heat you’ve been having over there in this summer.

Alez367;n8880122 said:
I was going to ask your water bill given the greenish color and the heat you’ve been having over there in this summer.

I average about $100/month this summer. M the lawn gets about 1” to 1.5” over the course of a week but is adjusted via a hydrawise smart controller based on forecasted and actual weather.

This pediatrician's office has the most amazing pony wall. It keeps the germs from all the sick kids on one side of the room, away from all the healthy kids and the entire office staff.

Reactions: JB
Played in the next leg of my amateur tournament series today at a private course I’ve never played. On the 3rd hole I hooked on OB. We go to try and determine the exact spot the ball went OB so we can apply local rule E5. We got about 2 feet from the OB stake and this woman came wobbling out her door (I say wobble because she was old and in no shape to run or walk normally) and yelled at us “The white stakes are out of bounds and you are on my private property.” I responded back “don’t worry. We won’t walk onto your property. We are just locating the ball.” She then stood there on her porch and stared at us until we pulled away.

I dont get it. Why live right on a golf course just off a fairway when you are that anal about golfers trespassing. All three of us were really taken back by her. It reminded me of the old man down the street from me growing up that would wait by his door and take any ball that we accidentally kicked or threw into his backyard.

I believe I have found the sign for when someone takes their horse to the old town road.

a84aec135bdafd7d8d3fdba969b7692b.jpg

KEV;n8881977 said:
I believe I have found the sign for when someone takes their horse to the old town road.

That is amazing.

JB;n8881980 said:
That is amazing.

I thought you might find that humorous.

KEV;n8881977 said:

I was surprised to find one of those in Missouri a few years ago.

KEV;n8881977 said:

You should venture more into Eastern PA, Lancaster, Lebanon, and Berks counties. It is so much fun following a horse and buggy or better yet a gaggle of kids on bicycles taking up the road with no place to get around them. Makes a 10 min drive become a 30 min drive quickly. However, the Amish make great wood products and I love my kitchen with the table my wife and me purchased. My house frame was built by the Amish.

Used to live in So. Chester Co. PA and would go to Lancaster to a great Amish restaurant.... passing multiple horse and buggy was the norm

HAHA! :act-up:

china.jpg

Back