The Official Banter Away Thread

Holiday plans are in motion for next year - looking to go to St Lucia and the Sandals Regency La Toc resort for 10 days of all-inclusive luxury and maybe a bit of golf thrown in for good measure
Bank balance might take a bit of a beating but it will be worth it

KEV;n8881977 said:
I believe I have found the sign for when someone takes their horse to the old town road.

a84aec135bdafd7d8d3fdba969b7692b.jpg

It's like you live in another country up there.............

Reactions: KEV
My grandmother on my dad's side passed away this morning​​​​. She had been having trouble for a while and was in hospice care. I am glad she is no longer suffering, but still is a bummer.

Damn so sorry to hear

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheDoctor;n8882759 said:
Holiday plans are in motion for next year - looking to go to St Lucia and the Sandals Regency La Toc resort for 10 days of all-inclusive luxury and maybe a bit of golf thrown in for good measure
Bank balance might take a bit of a beating but it will be worth it
St Lucia is next on our list as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss checkered My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yesterday, I said I was going to cut back drinking. It’s been about 30 hours. I’m ready for a drink.

One of those kinda nights....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566432640.1379.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566432640.1379.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
PKorf;n8884080 said:
One of those kinda nights....

It’s always that kinda night for the bourbon ! Cheers

checkered;n8882803 said:
My grandmother on my dad's side passed away this morning​​​​. She had been having trouble for a while and was in hospice care. I am glad she is no longer suffering, but still is a bummer.

Sorry for your loss.

Stemmy66;n8884083 said:
It’s always that kinda night for the bourbon ! Cheers

Miss you buddy!

Checkered, sorry to hear of your loss! All the best to your family!

Went 4 of 5 in slow pitch tonight with 2 triples, a double, and a 2 or 3 run Homer.. going to be feeling it tomorrow tho oooooff

checkered;n8882803 said:

It's a merciless world we live in, but I appreciate you see the light in that she is no longer suffering. That resonates deeply with me, buddy.

Hang in there.

A friend fell off a ladder tonight while having a work party to build a new facility at the local HS. Complete fracture just above the ankle. He went into shock, had some complications and ultimately had to be taken to a level 1 trauma center. It is a good reminder to keep our 1st aid certifications up to date and to carry good 1st kits with us.

The Good: Had the day off yesterday, doctors appointments and then got a bunch of Christmas shopping started.

The Bad: Missed the Prime Time for the Firestarter contest..... man my posts get no traction. 5 posts dead, 8 posts dead......

braddman19;n8885460 said:
The Good: Had the day off yesterday, doctors appointments and then got a bunch of Christmas shopping started.

The Bad: Missed the Prime Time for the Firestarter contest..... man my posts get no traction. 5 posts dead, 8 posts dead......

I tried three different threads. Either a lot of people have me on ignore or I am just so socially inept that I don’t understand what anyone wants to talk about. Someone can post a thread about their preference of types of cheese and get 100 views and 30 responses and I can’t get anything.

But it is all good. My dad surprised me at the last minute with a visit from Oklahoma and I get to play with a few THP people this weekend. I am getting ready for Idaho and started season 3 of Peaky Blinders.

Try to engage in other threads and people do the same. And respond to people in your thread to create a conversation.

Engagement over drive by posting.

JB;n8885783 said:
Try to engage in other threads and people do the same. And respond to people in your thread to create a conversation.

Engagement over drive by posting.

Thanks! Two of my threads had 0 responses; I would be a crazy person to create a thread and reply to myself. The third one finally worked. It is a great contest and I have loved all of the various topics!

Reactions: JB
2019 has been so much fun already. Between the events and the content and the contests.

But let me just say that 2020 is shaping up to be literally absurd. Lots of changes in store that we think THPers are going to love.

I know last week in CA some ideas were tossed around that were thought of as pipe dreams but will be coming true. And I just got off the phone with another company that loved this weird idea I had for THPers too.

I love when the creative juices start flowing.

Awesome news, THP always seems to make each year bigger and better!

That's awesome to hear! I've really been missing being at THP events lately and hanging with new and old friends but it sounds like there will be some great opportunities next year.

JB;n8886246 said:
2019 has been so much fun already. Between the events and the content and the contests.

But let me just say that 2020 is shaping up to be literally absurd. Lots of changes in store that we think THPers are going to love.

I know last week in CA some ideas were tossed around that were thought of as pipe dreams but will be coming true. And I just got off the phone with another company that loved this weird idea I had for THPers too.

I love when the creative juices start flowing.

Looking forward to what you’ve come up with!

Back