The Official Banter Away Thread

Awesome awesome news! 2019 has been a fabulous year so far, how can 2020 be even better. Time will tell

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Storm rolled thru .... lost power for about 2 hours. Sucked but at least it came back on sooner than expected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2020.... hell I mistakenly dated a document I signed yesterday with 2018.... not sure how I managed to do that but I canÂ’t think about 2020 let alone plan anything.

Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late night catch up on THP missed this week.... my gawd... this place is unreal!

my kids discovered the new charlie and the chocolate factory movie. garbage, i say. so i’m making them watch the original willy wonka and the chocolate factory. i’m thoroughly enjoying everything about the movie, but gene wilder is an absolute treasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone tried CBD oil before for back pain?

McLovin;n8888388 said:
my kids discovered the new charlie and the chocolate factory movie. garbage, i say. so i’m making them watch the original willy wonka and the chocolate factory. i’m thoroughly enjoying everything about the movie, but gene wilder is an absolute treasure.

You go Dad. Way to teach them what a real classic looks like.

2f04ea2be5ea56328d8894da294e5fbd.gif

Alez367;n8888889 said:

I use it on my neck and knee and it works.... The maker I the version I use is Papa & Barkley and it’s 3:1 CBD

I would expect it would work for your back.

I was at the Tour Championship yesterday volunteering when the lightning strike hit the tree. I just so happen to be looking directly at the tree when it struck. I was about 180 yards away, but it sounded like it was 10 yards away. I actually could fell the concussion of the blast a little bit. It was scary stuff. Last I heard everyone was gonna be okay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Alez367;n8888889 said:

My dad uses it for his back, shoulder and knees and he's a believer. I'm not sure to what extent it helps but he says it does.

40 years together today, yikes we are old

jim54;n8889088 said:

congrats!

jim54;n8889088 said:

Congrats. That is a very long time.

Holy cow it’s warm already...but should I be complaining? Warming up at Waterlefe.

Attachments

• photo36368.jpg
    photo36368.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
mmaynard11;n8889099 said:
Holy cow it’s warm already...but should I be complaining? Warming up at Waterlefe.

Welcome to Florida. It’s so humid in the morning your clothes are soaking wet within 5 minutes of being outside, then it’s scorching hot in the afternoon and you sweat a minute after stepping outside, and then it cools to 85 and the humidity rises again at night. Enjoy! Hahahaha

Played volleyball at a party yesterday for about 2 hours. Not a fantastic idea as I can barely walk today. Guess I need to stick to less strenuous activities like golf haha.

jim54;n8889088 said:

Happy anniversary!

GolferGal;n8889103 said:
Welcome to Florida. It’s so humid in the morning your clothes are soaking wet within 5 minutes of being outside, then it’s scorching hot in the afternoon and you sweat a minute after stepping outside, and then it cools to 85 and the humidity rises again at night. Enjoy! Hahahaha

I love everything about Florida except that part. Humidity should be banned.

GolferGal;n8889103 said:

You aren’t kidding...I was soaked after hitting a few balls on the range. To think I had a 1:26pm tee time, glad the course was wide open when I got here.

Why is it I can remember a song from 35 years ago, word for word, but I can't remember what I ate for dinner two nights ago? Geez

golfinnut;n8889990 said:
Why is it I can remember a song from 35 years ago, word for word, but I can't remember what I ate for dinner two nights ago? Geez

Short term memory is a b!tch. I remember my phone number and address from when I was 5, but I forget what I am saying while I am saying it. I feel your pain.

I have been taking MCT oil for the past month and I really think it is helping with the memory, it also helps with the low carb diet getting more out of the proteins. The stuff I am using is coconut oil but has no smell or taste, I put a tablespoon in my last half cup of coffee and so far so good.

golfinnut;n8889990 said:

i'm having a hard time (well, i didn't really try that hard haha) finding something concrete, but i remember reading that those song lyrics were learned at a formative time in your youth when the brain was developing in a way that it doesn't perform any longer. it's why often in late stages of elderly patients with cognitive issues, they will randomly start signing songs from their youth.

golfinnut;n8889990 said:

I don't know why you can't remember things, but I'm pretty sure my problem is repeated head trauma.

McLovin;n8890030 said:
i'm having a hard time (well, i didn't really try that hard haha) finding something concrete, but i remember reading that those song lyrics were learned at a formative time in your youth when the brain was developing in a way that it doesn't perform any longer. it's why often in late stages of elderly patients with cognitive issues, they will randomly start signing songs from their youth.

There is some major science behind that. Alzheimer patients will often revert back to when they were younger because that's the part of their memory that they still have.

Back