Official Rant of the Day

My THP rants are getting smaller this am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heard something from my mom who is a teacher locally that made me sick:

One of her students was attacked at lunch by another student after her student tagged the other student "out" in a game of dodgeball. The kid literally got tagged out, walked away from the game, grabbed a metal bat from one of the teachers PE closets then returned and proceeded to take BP on my mom's student's head. Once the kid was on the ground, the attacking kid decided to take a few swings at the adult that tried to break up the beating. 5-7 minutes later, with the attacker wondering around still swinging the bat, the "trained" staff showed up to smoother the kid basically and haul him off to the nurses office to try and calm him down. But of course, you know that's where they're treating my mom's student for the head injury and all sh!t breaks out in there because the attacker isn't being restricted and is free to stand or sit or in this case, basically remodel the nurses office by throwing everything and anything he can get his hands on until they smoother him again and finally restrain his arms. That was thursday. After a quick 3 day suspension with no other punishment pending, the kid returns to school and promptly searches out and continues the beating of my mom's student at first chance. Puts him in a headlock and begins twisting his head sideways in a snapping motion. Another 3 day suspension and that's it...Gotta love elementary school policys. :at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

Alez367;n8876606 said:

One of her students was attacked at lunch by another student after her student tagged the other student "out" in a game of dodgeball. The kid literally got tagged out, walked away from the game, grabbed a metal bat from one of the teachers PE closets then returned and proceeded to take BP on my mom's student's head. Once the kid was on the ground, the attacking kid decided to take a few swings at the adult that tried to break up the beating. 5-7 minutes later, with the attacker wondering around still swinging the bat, the "trained" staff showed up to smoother the kid basically and haul him off to the nurses office to try and calm him down. But of course, you know that's where they're treating my mom's student for the head injury and all sh!t breaks out in there because the attacker isn't being restricted and is free to stand or sit or in this case, basically remodel the nurses office by throwing everything and anything he can get his hands on until they smoother him again and finally restrain his arms. That was thursday. After a quick 3 day suspension with no other punishment pending, the kid returns to school and promptly searches out and continues the beating of my mom's student at first chance. Puts him in a headlock and begins twisting his head sideways in a snapping motion. Another 3 day suspension and that's it...Gotta love elementary school policys. :at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

Well, a troubled youngster would look bad on the school. I won't go into my thoughts on how that ends up in this section of the forum.

Alez367;n8876606 said:

If that happened to my kid, I'd be in jail within a week.

Canadan;n8876616 said:
If that happened to my kid, I'd be in jail within a week.

official response was "he's under 11 and juvenile court won't intercede under 11".

Alez367;n8876606 said:

I can see some legal action coming from this...

yeah that is freaking crazy

Alez367;n8876606 said:

ELEMENTARY?? I thought for sure that would a HS kid.

Around here, I learned that they have to go through a progression of discipline before they can really kick a kid out. "Did you try talking to his parents first? Maybe that will do it."

Alez367 that is absolutely insane. it would be difficult for me to restrain myself from taking matters in my own hands by whatever means necessary. that is assault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McLovin;n8876674 said:
Alez367 that is absolutely insane. it would be difficult for me to restrain myself from taking matters in my own hands by whatever means necessary. that is assault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

while not making light of the topic...I read the last line of your post and thought of this

pCJc1oa.gif

campilobaxter;n8876664 said:
ELEMENTARY?? I thought for sure that would a HS kid.

Around here, I learned that they have to go through a progression of discipline before they can really kick a kid out. "Did you try talking to his parents first? Maybe that will do it."

they couldn't even stop the kid when he was swinging the bat because unless they were "trained" staff, no adult was allowed to touch the kid. Are you freaking kidding me!!

Alez367;n8876702 said:
they couldn't even stop the kid when he was swinging the bat because unless they were "trained" staff, no adult was allowed to touch the kid. Are you freaking kidding me!!

So they're not allowed to prevent the commission of a forcible felony?

We're doomed.

Alez367;n8876702 said:
Yeah, that will change once the injured kid's family sues the school district.

So messed up.

Greg Kulbick;n8876763 said:

We're doomed.

Yeah... can’t touch kids. My wife is a kindergarten teacher and they have trained staff who are called to handle any kids that get out of control... usually kids with medical conditions. It’s an insane balance between town policies and teacher union negotiations. No one wants to be sued / and or lose their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alez367;n8876702 said:

Almost need to have a doom squad of other kids (preferably tough ones, or martial arts kids or something) who can try and step in in situations like this.
It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even legally stop one kid from beating the brains out of another kid.

Greg Kulbick;n8876763 said:

We're doomed.

that is correct. Crazy right?

Alez367;n8876826 said:
that is correct. Crazy right?

What's probably just as crazy is the kids probably know that so don't care if adults are around when they go after another kid...

My baby starts Pre-K tomorrow and I'm NOT handling it well!

Jman;n8876851 said:
My baby starts Pre-K tomorrow and I'm NOT handling it well!

Mine starts in 3 weeks from today - I'm all over the place already.

About to go play golf. 94° with a heat index of 110. This is a turribul idea.

Greg Kulbick;n8876912 said:

Just start an IV now.

Yeah take it from me .... D O N ' T D O I T!! :act-up:

I bet it will be quick round. I love playing when it is hot like that. The humidity sometimes makes the clubs hard to grip and my eyes are stinging from sweat & sunscreen but I still like it.

Back