Official Rant of the Day

Canadan;n8876616 said:
If that happened to my kid, I'd be in jail within a week.

When I was younger (and much dumber) my daughter was being bullied by a kid on her bus. At first it was simple name calling and badgering and I told her to just ignore him. One day she comes running home in tears and says that the boy was following her from home and was throwing rocks at her and he finally cracked her in the back of the head with one (sure enough she had a huge bump on the back of her head). That was it. I was f***ing fuming. I went to the kid's house and pounded on their door. Dad was home and he answers the door and asks "What the hell is going on"? I told him "If your kid ever comes near my daughter or says another word to her I'm going to beat his f***cking @ss. And then I'm coming over here and I'm going to beat YOUR f***ing ass for raising that piece of sh*t. As a matter of fact, both of you motherf***ers step outside right now and let's get it over with"! I must have looked like a madman (and a total f***ing idiot) because this dude outweighed me by a good 50 pounds and had at least 4 inches on me. He was like "Whoa, whoa, whoa what in the hell are you talking about"? I explained that his son had been bullying my daughter for weeks and he took it too far and got physical with my daughter and it had better NEVER happen again. The guy apologized and said he would take care of it. An hour later I felt like a major @sshole (and even bigger idiot). Not my proudest moment, to be honest, but the kid never messed with my daughter again, so I guess there's that.

Alez367;n8876633 said:
official response was "he's under 11 and juvenile court won't intercede under 11".

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this happened here in the wonderful People's Republic of California!

hqdefault.jpg

Greg Kulbick;n8876912 said:
About to go play golf. 94° with a heat index of 110. This is a turribul idea.

golfinnut;n8876971 said:
Yeah take it from me .... D O N ' T D O I T!! :act-up:

Nah, you'll be fine. Just don't do it again the next day :alien2:

Snickerdog;n8876964 said:
Just start an IV now.
It ended up not being so bad. A storm started rolling into the west of us, so it cooled it down a little, created some cloud cover and a decent breeze.

Damn. Delayed in Chicago. Flight doesn’t take off till almost 9pm now and won’t get home until after midnight

Canadan;n8878811 said:
What is causing the delay? Plane issues?

Late arrival from Vancouver. It wouldn’t be so bad if I was not already st the airport 4 hours early because I’m the last to depart (only flight I could get).

But not the end of the world. And I’m home for about a week, which is nice.

So I got an early invite for the Apple Card. I decided to signup for it due to the nature of the card and what it was, along with no hard pull on credit being done. It declined me. I’m so confused why.

I have near perfect credit. Never had a late payment, I don’t think in my life. Don’t have a ton in balances and literally just bought a new car in the last month.

The reasoning that was given was “closed bank account”. But we haven’t closed a bank account, so I am not sure what on earth that means. There is no number to call. No info to get. I’m just confused. Has anybody else got the early signup and done so?

JB;n8879483 said:
So I got an early invite for the Apple Card. I decided to signup for it due to the nature of the card and what it was, along with no hard pull on credit being done. It declined me. I’m so confused why.

I have near perfect credit. Never had a late payment, I don’t think in my life. Don’t have a ton in balances and literally just bought a new car in the last month.

The reasoning that was given was “closed bank account”. But we haven’t closed a bank account, so I am not sure what on earth that means. There is no number to call. No info to get. I’m just confused. Has anybody else got the early signup and done so?

It’s not the first story I’ve heard over weird rates or approvals. There’s a few stories of people with crappy credit getting approved with the same rates as people with excellent scores as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am bored and possibly depressed, this no golf thing sucks.

I HATE the IRS. They had an issue with my tax filing that was actually their math error. Once it was pointed out it was their error, they said nothing. Now I get a failure to file notice, failure to pay, and interest charges. They have record of my filing. I sent the check that they refused to cash due to their error. They can go f**k themselves. Aggressively.

Molten;n8879898 said:
I HATE the IRS. They had an issue with my tax filing that was actually their math error. Once it was pointed out it was their error, they said nothing. Now I get a failure to file notice, failure to pay, and interest charges. They have record of my filing. I sent the check that they refused to cash due to their error. They can go f**k themselves. Aggressively.

do you have certified mail receipts for proof of timely filing and/or mailing? that should shut them up. and they’ll waive all penalties and interest when you prove it.

if you’re still getting nowhere, reach out to the Taxpayer Advocate. it’s a great service, 100% free and can clear things up much more timely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Small rant, but I lost the battery cover for my rangefinder a bit ago. Was frustrated but figured I should be able to track a new cover down. Can't find it anywhere. It's on the Nikon site, but out of stock. so freaking annoying I have a useless rangefinder because of an 8$ part. :/

Story of my life today.... great opportunity and I was a day late and a dollar short! Next time I'll be quicker on the draw! :banghead:

4 month sleep regression for the little guy. It’s not awful compared to what some parents go through, but he generally sleeps through the night, so suddenly being up 3-4 times is a lot.

It’s only 9:20 at work and it feels like I’ve been here for 5 hours already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined the consulting world a few months back with a very fortunate opportunity that popped up in a town where jobs are scarce. I'm working with a team of IT consultants and I cannot handle the email chatter and stupid make work projects and jargon that gets tossed around. No wonder consulting costs so much to anyone, there's just so much time wasted on unimportant stuff. Apparently my idea of 'get in and get out' is foreign.

Scouring VRBO for a vacation rental for my family first week of September in Hilton head and even though some of these places are only $100/night, the fees they tack on are astronomical. 3 nights ends up being $600-$700!!

So, my weekend sucked. Woke up to some pretty intense abdominal pain and figured I'd try to work through the day and get to a walk in clinic at the end of the day. Wrong! I rolled up to my first job and I didn't even get the equipment off my truck before I realized I was making a mistake. I called my wife and told her to she was going to have to meet me at the house. She picked me up at home and took me to the E.R. where we waited for what seemed like an eternity. I finally got in to see a doctor and they ordered immediate cat scans on my abdomen. By this time I'm on morphine and, in the absence of pain, starting to question how serious this could actually be. Wrong state of mind.

A surgeon comes in about an hour later and informs me that I'll be prepped for surgery within the hour. WTF? Apparently, they found a tumor on my colon and my colon was actually telescoping back into itself. He had no idea if the tumor was malignant or benign and they would have to send the tumor (mid surgery) up to test for cancer. In the meantime, he tells me there's a chance that I'll come out of surgery with a colostomy bag and there's also a chance that I'll have it for the rest of my life. To top it off he gives me the speech that all surgeons give "Things go wrong, nothing guaranteed, people die, blah blah blah". Now I'm freaking out a bit. My whole world just got rocked in a matter of hours.

Thankfully, the surgery went without a hitch. The tumor was benign, I woke up without a colostomy bag (as douchey as it seem this was my biggest concern), and I'm in recovery. They had to remove a section of my colon (which was expected). Now, I sit in the most expensive hotel room on the planet for the next (minimum) 4-5 days. I can't imagine that I'll be able to swing a golf club for at least 3 weeks or so as the end of the season seems to be on a drag race pace. I'm super bummed because I was supposed to play my first scramble of the season this past Sunday. I won't complain, though. I could be a hell of a lot worse.

Planned a mini vacation with the kids just before sending them back to school. Booked it about a month ago. Staying at a nice little resort in Brainerd MN. We checked in yesterday. It has been raining ever since yesterday morning. Have a tee time scheduled at a pretty nice course. But, it's looking like more rain tomorrow.

Trying to make the best of it. Drive to a hotel with an indoor water park and laser tag. Running out of indoor stuff to do though.

Wife had her 3rd not at fault accident in 6 months.. first one totaled get old car just a few months after paying it off and while we were in house buying mode, 2nd was she got rear ended in the rental she had from the first one, 3rd today an older lady made illegal u turn in front of her.. of course she didn't get get insurance info so not we have to wait for police report to Fully get the claim going

She just has terrible luck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm in flight booking hell. I don't think I've ever had to shop around this much in my life

Need to go to London Oct. week 2. I've decided to bring the family along and go to the Bears vs Raiders game at Tottenham's new stadium just for fun. I look on United, and flights are ok, but more than I want to spend, especially for 3 tix. I then decide to check out Star Alliance where the lowest premium price (for the 3 of us) is just over $76,000!!!! WTF?

I am now scouring google flights, looking at a possible cheaper city in which to fly (and then take the train to London.) This is a major pain in the ass.

I briefly thought, "oh, I'll use miles for a ticket or two." United wants 155,000 miles per ticket, EACH WAY!

Does anyone have a jet I can borrow?

Don't want to be all 'woe is me', but man, this isn't ideal. Not talking about my swing for a change :)

obedt;n8892043 said:
Don't want to be all 'woe is me', but man, this isn't ideal. Not talking about my swing for a change :)

Hoping it just goes right between you and the D.R. buddy, iI have friends there also and they don't need this thing either.

edit, just saw an update and it is looking like you will get a good bit of it, wishing you all the best man.

Time to call in a few favors from the rich and famous you know... :angel:

Hurricanes and the fun of staring at European and American forecasts trying to figure out what this stupid thing is gonna do!

Back