If it ain't one thing...

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Sitting in the ER with my boy. He shot a 48 yesterday evening. He complained of a little abdominal pain while we were playing, bit it only got worse after we got done. About 2230, he couldn't take it anymore so I brought him here. They did a CT scan and said he has appendicitis and they're gonna move him to the Children's Hospital downtown to remove it.

Say a prayer for him. I know, it's basically routine, but its surgery and there are always risks.

The silver lining, from here out he knows he shot a 48 with appendicitis. It's all easy from here on out.

Prayer said, hope he has a fast full recovery so he can get a few more reps before winter!!

Kids will keep life interesting. My daughter had an emergency appendectomy when she was 12 where I couldn't’ get to the hospital before it was taken out. Luckily my wife was there with her.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Wow. Poor kiddo. At least he shot a 48!

Hoping for a quick recovery.

Hope all is well.

Best of luck for your kid. Glad you caught it in time.

Prayers for your son. It is routine, but that doesn't make it any easier for you. Just glad they caught it in time.

Hope he's feeling better soon!

Prayers sent dude! Here's to a quick recovery & back on the golf course quickly.

OGputtnfool;n8878179 said:
Sitting in the ER with my boy. He shot a 48 yesterday evening. He complained of a little abdominal pain while we were playing, bit it only got worse after we got done. About 2230, he couldn't take it anymore so I brought him here. They did a CT scan and said he has appendicitis and they're gonna move him to the Children's Hospital downtown to remove it.

Say a prayer for him. I know, it's basically routine, but its surgery and there are always risks.

The silver lining, from here out he knows he shot a 48 with appendicitis. It's all easy from here on out.

Thinking of you and your son, Hope everything is ok.

Hope it is just a nice and easy surgery for him. Nice shooting in that pain.

You and your son have my prayers

Best to you and him

OGputtnfool;n8878179 said:

Hope everything goes well.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. We're still waiting. He's tentatively scheduled for 1430, but could be moved up or back depending on circumstances between now and then.

He's in good spirits. The morphine is helping. Just after midnight when they gave him his first dose of morphine, he was talking about starting a GoFundMe to finish off his bag. So, we know he's got his priorities straight.

Prayers for a safe, successful operation and speedy recovery.

Praying the surgery goes well and he is back teeing it up soon

Wishing him the best!

All is good. We're back home and he's recuperating. Should be back to normal in a week or so.

Wow! I’m glad he’s doing well and will be back to normal soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OGputtnfool;n8878904 said:
All is good. We're back home and he's recuperating. Should be back to normal in a week or so.

That’s great news.

A little OT here but it’s amazing how quickly you get home after surgeries these days.

Parrot;n8879040 said:
That’s great news.

A little OT here but it’s amazing how quickly you get home after surgeries these days.

Yeah, it's worlds different when they can go in with a camera and pull it out an incision 2"-3" long instead of opening you all the way up and going in. I think he must have been the only patient left on the floor when we went back to his room yesterday. The nurses were all asking how he was feeling. He said he felt alright and was hoping to go home, but we'd see how he felt after he ate and rested a bit. The only thing they could say was, "Oh, we'll get you outta here today." Nothing like that kinda motivation. :)

Back