We got Raven from the Humane Society. Tomorrow, my two teens are volunteering there from 9am-1pm. While I love the dog, I sure hope we don’t have multiple pets tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1565978089.6305.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1565978089.6305.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 45
16DFA385-D266-4156-9C47-42FB53A55C23.jpeg Went and saw my buddy a couple days ago. He’s doing well. Typical lazy beagle. He’s putting on weight, even has a little pudge belly now. He’ll be ready to adopt in the next week or so. I don’t know if I’ll get him or not. We leave for vacation next month and we’re taking Ellie. Don’t think I can get him trained well enough to travel by then. If he’s still there when we get back he’ll more than likely be ours

Here is Mr. Weenie and I.

8517cb2bb43112fd11053983e20db5fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

e1iterate;n8878658 said:
Here is Mr. Weenie and I.

8517cb2bb43112fd11053983e20db5fe.jpg

Love the bow tie

Posted this in the old thread just before it was locked, so thought I'd repost it here, with an update:

Thought we were going to lose this guy last night.

We've been fighting some intestinal and malabsorption problems all year, which the Vet hasn't been able to definitively diagnose . He's lost about 15 pounds since this started, and his appetite really comes and goes, so getting him to eat sometimes has been really tough. Got home from work yesterday and he was really lethargic, which has never been an issue, and he wouldn't eat or drink anything, not even his favorite treats. Long story short, made the hour drive to the Hospital where we've had some recent testing done, honestly looked like he was shutting down on the way, but he rebounded some by the time we got there. They kept him overnight, ran some more tests, and will start him on the treatment program we've figured all along would be necessary, and hope it does the trick. The Vet's preferred option would have been to run another $5K in tests, without any assurance that the tests would give an absolute diagnosis. The route we're taking will hopefully turn things around, and we will just have to keep him on some medications for the rest of his days. Hoping and praying this is successful!

UPDATE:

So picked Kai up from the hospital this afternoon, what a difference a day makes. We honestly thought we might be saying goodbye last night, but after some serious overnight care at the hospital, and starting some new meds, he has really bounced back. The Vet did caution that he isn't completely out of the woods yet, but the initial results definitely look promising.

OldeDude;n8878861 said:
Posted this in the old thread just before it was locked, so thought I'd repost it here, with an update:

We've been fighting some intestinal and malabsorption problems all year, which the Vet hasn't been able to definitively diagnose . He's lost about 15 pounds since this started, and his appetite really comes and goes, so getting him to eat sometimes has been really tough. Got home from work yesterday and he was really lethargic, which has never been an issue, and he wouldn't eat or drink anything, not even his favorite treats. Long story short, made the hour drive to the Hospital where we've had some recent testing done, honestly looked like he was shutting down on the way, but he rebounded some by the time we got there. They kept him overnight, ran some more tests, and will start him on the treatment program we've figured all along would be necessary, and hope it does the trick. The Vet's preferred option would have been to run another $5K in tests, without any assurance that the tests would give an absolute diagnosis. The route we're taking will hopefully turn things around, and we will just have to keep him on some medications for the rest of his days. Hoping and praying this is successful!

UPDATE:

So picked Kai up from the hospital this afternoon, what a difference a day makes. We honestly thought we might be saying goodbye last night, but after some serious overnight care at the hospital, and starting some new meds, he has really bounced back. The Vet did caution that he isn't completely out of the woods yet, but the initial results definitely look promising.

That is great news!!!!

Here is our little ones.

BC90BEB1-BB55-4F13-A6F3-0ADFAD8BAB48.jpeg

Attachments

• 27CD75D2-D5E9-4BA8-AD0A-1B7E7518B9D2.jpeg
    27CD75D2-D5E9-4BA8-AD0A-1B7E7518B9D2.jpeg
    765.1 KB · Views: 19
Raven hates baths. The kids had too much screen time today after volunteering at the humane society, so it is a match made in heaven!

Last edited:
Tinkers Beach Tips...
Don't sniff sand.
Don't drink ocean water.
Watch the water, it chases you.
1382fb50646973f595e09b1b53882e35.jpg

Been a bit of a week with one of our cats. She went in for a dental cleaning, and turns out they had to pull two of her canines. She was doing well, eating fine, but the last couple days she's been hiding,not grooming, and being really skittish. Clearly in pain.

Took her in to the vet today and it looks like the stitches busted, and she had some food stuck in there. They cleaned out the area, upped her pain meds a bit, and it's incredible what a difference it's made. She's running around the house, eating, grooming, everything. What a relief.

Things are looking better for Kai. Vet thinks they have the diagnosis right, and the meds seem to be working really well. He's eating way better, and seems to be feeling much better too.

Kai 8-20-19.jpg

OldeDude;n8883587 said:
Things are looking better for Kai. Vet thinks they have the diagnosis right, and the meds seem to be working really well. He's eating way better, and seems to be feeling much better too.

Awesome news!!!!

Arrow has been eating his paws lately, not just licking but chewing on them. Now he’’s walking with a pimp limp. I warned him if he keeps it up I’m putting booties on him.

OldeDude;n8878861 said:

UPDATE:

Glad you got him home. My poor 12.5 year old GSD fought spinal degenerative disease for 2 years and lost his fight a couple weeks ago. Dang dog looked at me with tears running out his eyes because while his mind was still there, his body failed him and he was ready to go. We were fortunate that the vet came to the house and only I was home to spare the wife and kid. Smartest dang dog I have ever seen. I had a blanket laid out for him to be buried in and when the vet got here and he saw who it was he struggled to his feet and walked over to the blanket. Then he laid down in the middle of it and looked at the vet as if to say "Ok I am ready". He was a once in a lifetime kind of dog and I think about him and miss him every day. Hug that GSD tight and enjoy all the time you get with him. They are amazing dogs.

He’s loving this beautiful night and music on the porch too I guess

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566436175.457.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566436175.457.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 4
Well we had a bummer of a day with our girl. My wife took Layla in for her routine shots and found out she has some cancerous lumps. We had been worried about that but now it's confirmed. It looks like the old girl will be pretty spoiled from now on!
6372c30232ba9d87d1c54acebc318c86.jpg

KEV;n8886095 said:
Well we had a bummer of a day with our girl. My wife took Layla in for her routine shots and found out she has some cancerous lumps. We had been worried about that but now it's confirmed. It looks like the old girl will be pretty spoiled from now on!

i’m so sorry kev. such a beautiful girl.

Reactions: KEV
KEV;n8886095 said:

Sorry to hear that, she looks just a wee bit spoiled already. Beautiful!!!!!

KEV;n8886095 said:

Very sorry to hear. I had a beautiful golden that developed cancer. The treatment became so expensive and this was back when my wife and I were first married and didn’t have a pot to piss in. The worse feeling in the world was when we had to stop treatment and allow nature to take course.

Hopefully, with modern medicine treatment is much better and available for you and your girl.

KEV;n8886095 said:
It looks like the old girl will be pretty spoiled from now on!
That is a beautiful dog and I am sorry for that diagnosis.

Back