Canadan;n8879241 said:
I don't know how to be a fan of a team.

Bengals are just a bunch of dirty criminals lmao
Browns are horrible.
Colts never did anything for me.
Steelers aren't worth being a fan of while living in Cincy.

Still working on it.

The Browns have become very intriguing the last couple of years. I think this might be their year.

OldandStiff;n8879173 said:
You're obviously more invested in this than I am, and my memory isn't perfect, but wasn't that loan & improvements to convince them to come back to Oakland? Didn't seem like a good deal at the time, but they/you/whoever made it, and in sports you tend to have to overpay for everything so from an outsiders perspective it seems about right, now. I mean, I don't know how they handled the loan or anything (most places repeatedly push them off until they bite them in the ass), but 200 mil for 20 years of football really doesn't seem unreasonable. I guess I could understand bitterness as a local fan about them leaving, but they had already left, and you basically paid to get them to come back. Seemed pretty obvious they didn't really want to be there. A girl leaves you, you buy her something shiny to convince her to come back and she does, should you really be surprised when she leaves again later and takes the shiny with her??

In 1966 the Oakland Coliseum was built to be a home for the Oakland Raiders.
In 1982 team owner Al Davis, on an empty promise he would get a new stadium in LA, moved the team from Oakland to LA.
After 12 years in LA Davis conceded he would not get a new stadium there , so after Oakland spent $220 million to remodel its Coliseum, Davis moved the Raiders back back to Oakland.
Al Davis died in 2011 , his spoiled brat son Mark inherited control of the team and immediately began complaining that the Oakland Coliseum was not as new as other teams stadiums.
The state of Nevada and Las Vegas take the opportunity to have Mark visit, they set him up with some call girls and he agrees to move his team to Las Vegas.
The NFL ownership group (mostly senior citizen billionaires who want to visit Las Vegas ,hang out with young women, and call it a "business trip") vote 31-1 to approve the Raiders move to Las Vegas. Dolphins owner Steve Ross was the only owner with the integrity to vote no to the move.

I am a Chiefs fan. I began following them when I went to college in Missouri. That was during the great defense years with Derrek Thomas as my favorite player. My wife and I were married in Las Vegas in 1998, but had a kick butt reception at the former Arrowhead Club in Arrowhead stadium. They only rented it when the football season was on hold, and we had an impromptu Kansas City Wizards practice happen during our party. We have remained Chiefs fans while living in Arizona, but admittedly root for the Cards as long as they aren’t playing the Chiefs

Since 1969..........Denver Broncos. Fortunate to be transferred to Denver from VA for the 1979-1982 seasons.

Transferred to Detroit metro area in 1986 to present and have tried to be a Lions fan. However, I have a jersey of my favorite Lion player # 00.......PAT HETIC.

Purchased in 2008 as a custom jersey to reflect an 0-16 season.

None. I lost interest in the NFL when Joe Montana left the 49ers many, many moons ago. Nothing but college football for me for the past 25 or so years. And there is a lot of that!

I follow the Green Bay packers because I like to watch my friends son play. I have known Blake Martinez since he was in jr high and watched him in high school and through college. Super down to earth kid and very humble.

Last edited:
Packers for me. I grew up in Illinois and watched the Bears for a long time, but always a Packers fan.

Canadan;n8879241 said:

Browns are horrible.

Still working on it.

The Stillers are worth being a fan of regardless of location.

I’m a Baker Mayfield fan.

So for now I’m a Browns Fan.

Jman;n8879732 said:
I’m a Baker Mayfield fan.

So for now I’m a Browns Fan.

Glad to have you on the team! I’m expecting big things from him this year.

Misike;n8879755 said:
Glad to have you on the team! I’m expecting big things from him this year.

I still remember how many Browns fans were losing their ish when they took him #1, and it’s fun to see how that tide has turned for them now.

Baker is the real deal.

Browns fan here and have suffered through. Finally, at least on paper we have a team that may win a few games and make some noise. I’m excited for what the season could bring.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"477","width":"583","src":"https:\/\/www.logolynx.com\/images\/logolynx\/44\/44da03c93a68f6666576934ff15b3410.png"}[/IMG2]

I've been a 49ers fan since I was a kid, the rebellious son that had to root for the hated rival of his Dad's team (and I still hate the Rams). Like a few others have mentioned though, I'm not much of an NFL fan anymore. The league, and most teams, are run so poorly it's pathetic, too many of the players are thugs at best, if not outright criminals, most of the rest are just selfish prima donnas. Unfortunately the TV networks promote so much of what I dislike about the current NFL, and ignore the things that could make it good again. Following college football is just SO MUCH BETTER!

I am hoping a Chargers fans participates in this thread, because the Chargers move to LA baffles me.
San Diego supported that team well for more than 50 years, and had voted to put up all but $200 million towards a brand new San Diego stadium. But the Spanos family (owner of the Chargers) preferred to pay a $550 million relocation fee and share an LA stadium with the Rams.

Snickerdog;n8879515 said:
Packers for me. I grew up in Illinois and watched the Bears for a long time, but always a Packers fan.

Dave, I didn't realize this. I suppose we can still be friends.

Skol Vikings!

49ers and Saints are my teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG_1234;n8879841 said:
I am hoping a Chargers fans participates in this thread, because the Chargers move to LA baffles me.
San Diego supported that team well for more than 50 years, and had voted to put up all but $200 million towards a brand new San Diego stadium. But the Spanos family (owner of the Chargers) preferred to pay a $550 million relocation fee and share an LA stadium with the Rams.

Not a Chargers fan, my son is, but I totally agree with you. I donÂ’t see how there is enough support for two NFL teams. I think they (Chargers and Rams) had many visiting teamsÂ’ fans take over the stadium during home games. Just donÂ’t see the attraction. But, seems everyone wants to be in LA.

I simply don’t get how you can change allegiance to a different sports team. I couldn’t see any situation where I’d change the soccer team I’ve supported since a kid. That said, I also hate the way NFL teams up and leave with a big F You to the fans that have supported them.

fuffle master;n8879880 said:
Not a Chargers fan, my son is, but I totally agree with you. I donÂ’t see how there is enough support for two NFL teams. I think they (Chargers and Rams) had many visiting teamsÂ’ fans take over the stadium during home games. Just donÂ’t see the attraction. But, seems everyone wants to be in LA.

The late Alex Spanos was a fine owner of the Chargers. However, when his son Dean took over running the team the problems began, to where it is now with Dean and his sons moving the team out of San Diego.

Danimal;n8879091 said:
Long suffering Cincinnati Bungles Fan. Looking forward to another less than mediocre year.

Same. I really don't watch college football and sadly the Columbus area plays favorites to whichever team plays better so I expect to only get to watch a handful of Bengals games this year sicne everyone is on the browns bandwagon now.

Canadan;n8879241 said:

Browns are horrible.

Still working on it.

NO criminals on the Bengals anymore.
I will never join any bandwagon Steelers or Browns related. I have no beef or connection to the Colts and forget they exist since Peyton Manning left.

Green Bay Packers for me. I was born and raised in Wisconsin, so being a Packers fan is a way of life for me.

Been A Cowboys fan my entire life

Back