Funny things your kids/grand kids have said?

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was thinking about my grand kids today, and started to smile thinking about the things they say. I have almost white hair and they call me White Chocolate, because I am sweet.

Then I started to think about my kids sayings that still make me laugh.

Calling a helicopter a heli-doctor, and a train, a moca-lotive.

Any cute sayings that make/made you laugh, maybe golf related?

When my kid was first learning to speak, he couldn't make the chr sound, so Uncle Chris became Uncle Kiss. Which then somehow got abbreviated to a actual kissing noise.

When my son was about 8 years old we went to a Japanese steakhouse and the exchange was:

Waiter "How would you like your steak?"

Erik "Really big."

badolds;n8888651 said:
When my son was about 8 years old we went to a Japanese steakhouse and the exchange was:

Waiter "How would you like your steak?"

Erik "Really big."

Sounds like something I would say.

Thus far, my 19 month old isn't super talky.

The one thing he does throw out there is a solid "NOPE" when you ask him if he wants something.

The funniest from my nephews is the timeless "I didn't poop.", even though the conversation inquired if he had.

My 5 year old granddaughter wrote this to grandma while at our house.

WENCANWEDOORT.

Obviously, a phonics learner.

I listen to Breed's XM show everyday while making coffee and getting breakfast together for the kids. Obviously the power of marketing/advertising had rubbed off on one of them. I had a second to throw a sleeve of Bridgestone's in my bag before I headed out to the course and youngest said with serious straight face, "Dad, why don't you use the ProV1 or ProV1x's? They have more speed, precision and consistency. It's the number one ball on the tours." The serious look on her face was absolutely hysterical.

pilot25;n8889009 said:
I listen to Breed's XM show everyday while making coffee and getting breakfast together for the kids. Obviously the power of marketing/advertising had rubbed off on one of them. I had a second to throw a sleeve of Bridgestone's in my bag before I headed out to the course and youngest said with serious straight face, "Dad, why don't you use the ProV1 or ProV1x's? They have more speed, precision and consistency. It's the number one ball on the tours." The serious look on her face was absolutely hysterical.
As a kid, I was always accused by my brother of parroting commercials and singing jingles. Heck, I still love jingles. "We are Farmers, Bum, babum ba bum bum bum."

We were out with my parents on their pontoon boat and my daughter asked what those things floating in the water were. I answered and let her know they are booeys for marking certain things in the water. She looked at me puzzled and said "boobies? There are floating boobies out here?".

Now anytime my parents see booeys on the lake they'll refer to them as boobies.

KEV;n8889437 said:
We were out with my parents on their pontoon boat and my daughter asked what those things floating in the water were. I answered and let her know they are booeys for marking certain things in the water. She looked at me puzzled and said "boobies? There are floating boobies out here?".

What do your parents say when they see buoys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My mother was baking cookies with my then 5-year old son, and she video-taped the whole event. At one point, she cracked an egg to add to the dough and my son's face lit up. He said, "I want to unhatch one too Granny"!

Another time, the adults were talking at my brother's house and he had talked about being claustrophobic. His 4-year old daughter interrupted loudly and said "I know what that means"! My brother told her he didn't think she did, but to go ahead and tell everyone what she thought it meant. She confidently said "fear of Santa Claus". Hahaha, we all died laughing!

My middle son doesn't really like going to school, so I told him till he was as smart as me he had to go. With out missing a beat he said I am already smarter than you. He is 6.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My daughter called flip-flops beep-bops when she was 3. I loved that so much that's all I use anymore and she turns 11 in a couple weeks.

KEV;n8889437 said:

When my youngest son was between 1 and 2, he use to point at a women's chests and proclaim, "BOO BOOs". Funny as heck and also embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEV
My nearly five year old talks to you like he's an adult and it's hilarious. He'll bust out very big words in proper context and we nearly fall over dying. And its all thanks to youtube (nothing educational tho - unless you count watching people play Roblox educational).

A favorite is that when we ask him if he wants something to eat and he doesn't he'll politely but firmly say "no thank you" while waggling his finger at us.

When my daughter was 4-5 years old i was driving and she was in the back seat and said "daddy How do you spell mirror" I said "what you look at to see yourself" and she said "No like come mere. I know how to spell come." Come here. I almost wrecked the car laughing at my country girl.

Back