The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like showing up to the course only to find this.
56b6fa27eaabd4cace571229118d8d1b.jpg
Yuck

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have a huge interview Wednesday. I wasn't looking for a job, but was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. I really thought it was a scam, but now I have an onsite interview at a hospital that is twice the size of the one I work at and would be over 180 fte's. I feel prepared and am happy where I am, but this could be huge in my career. I can't really tell anybody where I am due to not wanting to hurt my current job, but just wanted to get it out there as I am getting really excited now. Anyone else have experience with a recruiter for a position this is my first time.

I have a huge interview Wednesday. I wasn't looking for a job, but was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. I really thought it was a scam, but now I have an onsite interview at a hospital that is twice the size of the one I work at and would be over 180 fte's. I feel prepared and am happy where I am, but this could be huge in my career. I can't really tell anybody where I am due to not wanting to hurt my current job, but just wanted to get it out there as I am getting really excited now. Anyone else have experience with a recruiter for a position this is my first time.
Good Luck!
I got my current job after a recruiter contacted me. Worked out well for me .

Work with your headhunter. A good one will help you every step of the way. Ask them ahead of time about the process and the questions.

Work with your headhunter. A good one will help you every step of the way. Ask them ahead of time about the process and the questions.
Yep mine looked over my resume and gave me some things to edit format wise and wording wise. Also gave me a great overview and background on the company. The biggest thing he helped me with though was gave me a background of the people that would be interviewing me and some important personality traits about them.

My whole experience was very enjoyable. I still play golf with my headhunter from time to time

I don't want to leave my work but I could definitely use a break to assess what I want from it. I know Im on short time frame before I'm back looking for a job when the firm I work for closes (less than 10 years) but I just don't know what if I'm ready to commit to a new place already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been and he has been a wealth of knowledge about the opportunity. He recruited the VP of operations who I would be working under so that helps a lot as well. I am just nervous as this is the first time I have ever gone through a head hunter. We have a call Monday or Tuesday for my interview Wednesday. We are also going to meet for coffee the morning of. Thanks for the info.

Been working on editing photos taken with my phone. It is amazing what a difference some small adjustments make. Also amazing how addicting it is becoming even with no photography skill I am still having a blast doing it.

Heading to Atlanta tomorrow for a conference. I can honestly say I am looking forward to nothing about it. I'm especially POed that we are staying at the Hampton Inn at the airport and the conference is at the big conference center.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I might have guessed that you went out and played 9 holes....except that I suspect that golf in Brandon is like golf in Regina and there's not a chance in hell that any golf course will open in November no matter how nice the weather is. Grumblegrumblegrumble....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

We have one 9 hole course that is still open. Still charging full price rates, and I am still staying away from that course. It is where I played exclusively for 4-5 years, and the atmosphere there really just sucked the fun out of it for me.

Still trying to love golf, but finding it difficult right now being pretty closed off from everything golf (and still having it be nice weather).

Hopefully a trip to GolfTown this upcoming weekend re-ignites that gear passion again.

I don't want to leave my work but I could definitely use a break to assess what I want from it. I know Im on short time frame before I'm back looking for a job when the firm I work for closes (less than 10 years) but I just don't know what if I'm ready to commit to a new place already.

That's tough dude. But I have to think there are lots of opportunities in your area. Or are you thinking about a completely different career?

That's tough dude. But I have to think there are lots of opportunities in your area. Or are you thinking about a completely different career?

Actually there are plenty of opportunities but the salary ranges are so significantly lower than what you would think. I'm thinking of trying the medical field but staying the same area of practice I'm in now. My wife currently works in the medical field here and if I could get established with her same benefits and salary/pension I would leave in a heartbeat.

I think I need to shop for insurance. We are currently with USAA, & have been extremely happy, but based on some quotes we've received in the mail, we might be overpaying. I need to pull our home and auto policies to compare apples to apples and see if I'm leaving money on the table
As an agent (not for USAA), I think you should shop around every year or two. But those quotes you are seeing are all best-case scenarios and until they get your underwriting score, they can't give you an accurate quote. Do make sure that the coverages and deductibles are the same (and discounts).

5.3 quake epicentered 3 miles west of home.

5.3 quake epicentered 3 miles west of home.
Laura asked if there had been one after seeing ur fb post...gkad u guys are ok

Laura asked if there had been one after seeing ur fb post...gkad u guys are ok
Yeah, terrifying. Literally felt like we were on a wave. There HAS to be damage locally.

Yeah, terrifying. Literally felt like we were on a wave. There HAS to be damage locally.

Caused by fracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back