The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a couple weeks ahead of you. Starting to miss working out on my rest days/weekends. Hoping to stick with it this time.

I really need to stick to it also. My back feels so much better when I keep to it I just have to stay motivated and make time for.

Gotta take the fan hat off sometimes and realize not everybody is going to have the same opinion.
Yeah its nauseating, the amount of time, but just look past it as what I say.

Try viewing it like the reverse to make it easier, where he could Dahmer some kids and the fan excuse would be that the kids were bad and he was hungry...Or I only care about the golf...haha

After 10 years I realize that some people are going to try and ruffle feathers, talk around them to make it easier I guess. Trolling never lasts that long if its ignored.

Starve a troll feed a cold?

I really need to stick to it also. My back feels so much better when I keep to it I just have to stay motivated and make time for.

You got it buddy. Want some motivation? Text me.

In Tampa we’re gonna have to find the workout room early in the am.

Boy was I glad to see this. Significantly cut my time in the bathroom.
3f7dcc805ba826157763914f5aeb1c61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You got it buddy. Want some motivation? Text me.

In Tampa we’re gonna have to find the workout room early in the am.

I hate early, but please drag me with you.

Gotta take the fan hat off sometimes and realize not everybody is going to have the same opinion.

Try viewing it like the reverse to make it easier, where he could Dahmer some kids and the fan excuse would be that the kids were bad and he was hungry...Or I only care about the golf...haha

After 10 years I realize that some people are going to try and ruffle feathers, talk around them to make it easier I guess. Trolling never lasts that long if its ignored.

I hear ya. I guess I shouldn’t let it bother me. But that’s not really in my D.N.A hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Being on a fan is one thing. Not being a fine is another. Being Obstinant just for the sake of it, gets old. I can deal with the first two, no problem. The later can take a walk. But I do get what you’re saying.

I finally get to update my WITB thread with photos tomorrow.

Boy was I glad to see this. Significantly cut my time in the bathroom.
3f7dcc805ba826157763914f5aeb1c61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ugg, worst urinal EVER.

View attachment 30195

I think the first forty seconds of Killing Fields by Slayer is one of the best song intros there is.

The Official Banter Away Thread

If you have the energy and the ability to pan handle then you obviously have the ability to find a job. Stop peering in my truck window cause I ain’t got time for it.

And get off my lawn too!

Just saying

If you have the energy and the ability to pan handle then you obviously have the ability to find a job. Stop peering in my truck window cause I ain’t got time for it.

And get off my lawn too!

Just saying

I am absolutely with you on this, they are on every street corner around here it's ridiculous.

I am absolutely with you on this, they are on every street corner around here it's ridiculous.

i’m certainly not saying all are like this, but i think a fair number have mental illness and their families are neither equipped to nor can afford to care for them. very sad when someone is born with issues beyond their control into a situation that is without hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i’m certainly not saying all are like this, but i think a fair number have mental illness and their families are neither equipped to nor can afford to care for them. very sad when someone is born with issues beyond their control into a situation that is without hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will say many times the families could help, but the person won't accept it.

But yes you are right. Having dealt with the homeless extensively. The majority have sever substance abuse and mental health issues. No idea which usually comes first.

In my state the Supreme Court ruled people have a first amendment right to panhandle. It really sucks because you want to help people that really have needs but it isn't always easy to tell who's legit.

is it marketplace bump day? so many threads...

In my state the Supreme Court ruled people have a first amendment right to panhandle. It really sucks because you want to help people that really have needs but it isn't always easy to tell who's legit.

I am sure there are people who are just using it to make money, but I've never seen it. In the area I worked I knew the vast majority by name and I never met any of them who had any other means. I would say 80% or more were incapable of holding a job, whether that was because of drugs or mental illness was hard to tell. They go hand in hand, but I don't know which one came first.

I am sure there are people who are just using it to make money, but I've never seen it. In the area I worked I knew the vast majority by name and I never met any of them who had any other means. I would say 80% or more were incapable of holding a job, whether that was because of drugs or mental illness was hard to tell. They go hand in hand, but I don't know which one came first.
Hearing stories of people making more money around here than I do working for a living makes me very skeptical of anyone standing on a corner holding a sign asking for $$. And It's not just one story it's several. It is sad because I'm sure some of them legit need it, but that is the world we live in

I will say many times the families could help, but the person won't accept it.

But yes you are right. Having dealt with the homeless extensively. The majority have sever substance abuse and mental health issues. No idea which usually comes first.

My issue with the panhandlers is the majority are not doing it for the reasons they are telling you. There are charitable organizations (my agency is one of them) that will provide food, clothing and shelter. All they have to do is ask for it. Most are panhandling to get money for booze or drugs. They've asked me for money, 100' from one of our offices, saying they need food. I'll tell them no, but you can get something right there and they usually tell me to F off.

My issue with the panhandlers is the majority are not doing it for the reasons they are telling you. There are charitable organizations (my agency is one of them) that will provide food, clothing and shelter. All they have to do is ask for it. Most are panhandling to get money for booze or drugs. They've asked me for money, 100' from one of our offices, saying they need food. I'll tell them no, but you can get something right there and they usually tell me to F off.

thank you for the work that your organization does. it is invaluable. i was involved (not directly, only on the fringes) with a large organization here in central florida that is tackling homelessness. it is an IMPOSSIBLE problem to fix, there is only so much that can be done. what is wonderful is having organizations like yours that are providing food and shelter for those who want it.

When they ask for change I have told them I have placenta of change and offered them a job saying it will change your life. I get the same F-off. I also had someone tell a guy to come for an interview and was told he couldn’t afford to work. Must be some good money in panhandling and it’s all tax free.

I have four web browsers open right now, three are THP lol the Grandaddy Live Update thread, the 2015 Grandaddy Live Update thread and the normal most recent posts page. Nothing is getting done today at work

ah the old pot and kettle saying. Short term memory loss at its finest. But nontheless, its Grandaddy week so back to that thread I go. Just wanted to get that off my chest and not do it in that thread

ah the old pot and kettle saying. Short term memory loss at its finest. But nontheless, its Grandaddy week so back to that thread I go. Just wanted to get that off my chest and not do it in that thread

If me I hope you know it was completely in jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back