Departed Miami yesterday afternoon (83*) and woke up in Minneapolis (-12*). 95* difference...ugh!

Got almost 6 inches of snow last night. I was a little surprised when I got up this morning. About an hour with the snow blower and the drive and sidewalks are cleared.

1b41d20d461642741f58ebf00a68ad4c.jpg

I’m going to be in the market for a snowblower next fall after our move back to Minneapolis after our 2 decades in California. I’m actually looking forward to the 4 seasons again although I’m sure next January I’ll be anxiously waiting for spring to arrive! It will be interesting to see how our 12 year old adapts to having a real winter.

I live on the Canadian border and our winter's can be quite snowy and cold. If golf was my only hobby, I would go nuts in the winter. Living up here, you have to make sure you have other hobbies and sports you can be active in during the winter months. It could be cross country with ski's or indoor shooting, ice fishing can be fun as well. You just have to dress for the weather. Personally I enjoy the change in seasons and the change in the scenery. Winter is often very beautiful, especially after a fresh snowfall, like the one we had here last nite.

I usually don't have a reason to vent in this thread. But the effing weather in south GA this winter has me pissed and not on the course near enough. Cold and wet has been the theme.

I’m going to be in the market for a snowblower next fall after our move back to Minneapolis after our 2 decades in California. I’m actually looking forward to the 4 seasons again although I’m sure next January I’ll be anxiously waiting for spring to arrive! It will be interesting to see how our 12 year old adapts to having a real winter.

If I can make a suggestion, spend the money on a good one. I've got a cheap craftsman one. It kept stalling out on me. I think it needs a new fuel filter but the one in it is only a year old. Mine was free so I shouldn't complain too much. Get one that is self propelled and can handle a good amount of snow.

1d9b841f8e7dc2251c50b2360796176c.jpg

This guy from Florida needs to go south ASAP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can make a suggestion, spend the money on a good one. I've got a cheap craftsman one. It kept stalling out on me. I think it needs a new fuel filter but the one in it is only a year old. Mine was free so I shouldn't complain too much. Get one that is self propelled and can handle a good amount of snow.

I actually have a buddy that I will hire to plow my 80 yard long driveway so I need a smaller snowblower for the walk areas close to the house and deck area where I keep my grill that gets used often over the winter months. I’m thinking about one of the battery operated ones from Ego might be enough. Luckily, Minneapolis only averages 45 inches of snow so there is rarely a dump over 6”. I’ve been living with 260” a year at our condo in California the last 2 decades so 45” will be easy.

Another inch of snow last night, but supposed to be 53 on Saturday.

I actually have a buddy that I will hire to plow my 80 yard long driveway so I need a smaller snowblower for the walk areas close to the house and deck area where I keep my grill that gets used often over the winter months. I’m thinking about one of the battery operated ones from Ego might be enough. Luckily, Minneapolis only averages 45 inches of snow so there is rarely a dump over 6”. I’ve been living with 260” a year at our condo in California the last 2 decades so 45” will be easy.

That might work. I know for the first snow fall we had this year, I used my gas leaf blower to clear the snow. It was fairly fluffy so it worked ok.

We have been getting some pretty unruly temperature swings lately.

To put it in context, I would usually be expecting something in the range of -20*C normals for most of the month.

Last week? -35*C one day, -6*c the next, up to -2*c. Today it was -27*c, tomorrow's high is projected at -13*c, and then Wednesday +1*C..... completely unheard of here for January.

Long time listener... first time caller...can Tampa finally join the club for a few days?
4aef19ece20f9dc58d177087bd596ae8.jpg

Long time listener... first time caller...can Tampa finally join the club for a few days?

Man, that's a heat wave. We're currently at 10* with a feels like of -5*. Do you even own warm enough clothes for the weather you're getting down there?

Man, that's a heat wave. We're currently at 10* with a feels like of -5*. Do you even own warm enough clothes for the weather you're getting down there?

Only because I go to Colorado every year for a pond hockey tournament... a few people I know don’t though

We are on the upswing, got to 26* yesterday and a chance to hit 40* today!!!!!!! 54 this weekend and will be out golfing for sure.

21 flippin' degrees last night in south GA. And still only 25 right now. I believe there were only 2 nights last winter that got at or below freezing. Has already been over a dozen this winter. Damn heater has not stopped running for 6 days already this month. Can't wait to get that bill... The December bill was $75 more than the highest bill last winter and January have been infinitely colder than December was.

Haha, it's colder in FL and GA than Montana today! Who would have guessed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
19644443fac471272ecf9b09d5cad780.jpg

Haha, it's colder in FL and GA than Montana today! Who would have guessed.

19644443fac471272ecf9b09d5cad780.jpg

It was colder in Tampa than it was Calgary.... Canada.... wtf!?!?!?

Winter in Ga blows serious a$$ this go round. I’ve had over a foot of snow at my house since December. Cold temps and wet/frozen ground has killed my desire to get out and play.

My wife has been spending 4 days each week for work in Minneapolis and the other nights here in California so she is getting a change of seasons each week. We are moving back to MN in June after our 20 year stint in California so I will have to adjust once again to having a real winter. I look forward to it!

Got to play on Saturday and Sunday and now snowing so hard can hardly see across parking lot. Then by Thursday it is supposed to be back to 60* WTF.

Got to play on Saturday and Sunday and now snowing so hard can hardly see across parking lot. Then by Thursday it is supposed to be back to 60* WTF.
It's been a weird winter here too.

This happened yesterday, brutal...

c5e1267de83d049422ebf772c387e1ac.jpg

Back