Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case scenario he is the NE head coach after next season.

He just Belichicked the Colts!

I'm happy he's staying. Still not over this loss but I can see Mcdaniel's being the HC for the 2019 if Belechick doesn't decide to retire suddenly.

Not surprised whatsoever by mcdaniels decision. Why leave the Patriots and go to the Colts?? Too much uncertainty and you can stay and be the head coach in New England this upcoming year or wait one more year and you're the man. The Colts don't have a ton to offer at this point to candidates. Luck is hurt worse than theyre saying he is. Defense is meh. Offense is nice with a not hurt qb, so thats negated. O-line is meh and your front office is all over the map as of late. Just makes sense to me from his stand point. Sorry Colts fans

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

2018 NFL Thread

lol thats golden. McDaniels has pretty much kissed every HC job outside of New England goodbye and the sad thing is once its his turn to take the team over, Brady is going to retire and hes going to be left with nothing

Do you think if the teams early in the draft work these guys out and don't really see any of them as "The guy" then they all drop collectively with Rosen and Darnold still going 1st round while the rest fall to the 2nd or even 3rd to take advantage of value?

Yes. As a Browns fan our QB track record blows, but I don't see a guy in the draft that is any better than what we have on our roster right now! We should do what we did last year, which was take the best player available on the board at #1 and this year that's Saquon Barkley. Then pick any of those interchangeable QBs at #4.

The real question is, now who do the Colts go after? They waited for McDaniels and now they are left empty handed while other candidates have gotten scooped up.

Maybe Luck's shoulder is worse than the public knows?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think there might be more to Luck’s shoulder than they’re letting on to, which probably played a part.

I also think Kraft intentionally sweetened the pot to stick it to Indy. That has to play a part in this also.

If Belichick retires in a year or two when Brady is done, McDaniels inherits a team that already has solid backing with a roster he had a say in (including drafting Brady’s successor) which is far more preferable to going someplace that’s on the precipice of being a hot mess for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. As a Browns fan our QB track record blows, but I don't see a guy in the draft that is any better than what we have on our roster right now! We should do what we did last year, which was take the best player available on the board at #1 and this year that's Saquon Barkley. Then pick any of those interchangeable QBs at #4.

You dont think any of the rookies are better than Kizer/Hogan/Kessler? I would say Rosen and Mayfield are both better than all 3 now, but i dont want either of those two or any current QB starting game 1 for us. Ideal would be Cousins and the draft Barkley and Fitzpatrick. But I doubt that happens so make a move for McCarron and draft Darnold/Rosen at 1 and let them sit

I think there might be more to Luck’s shoulder than they’re letting on to, which probably played a part.

I also think Kraft intentionally sweetened the pot to stick it to Indy. That has to play a part in this also.

If Belichick retires in a year or two when Brady is done, McDaniels inherits a team that already has solid backing with a roster he had a say in (including drafting Brady’s successor) which is far more preferable to going someplace that’s on the precipice of being a hot mess for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The always-reliable ESPN:bulgy-eyes: said McDaniels was always lukewarm about the move, that he remembered the impact on his family the last times he moved, that of late he took another look at the relationships he had developed within the Empire and how much he valued them, and that Robert Kraft stepped in vigorously in the 48 hours after the SB to keep JM in town

Last edited:
If you didn't have a brand new general manager, that would make sense. But I can't see a GM at this point not using a #1 pick to get the QB of his choice, even if his choice is likely to still be there at the #4 spot. Dorsey is going to stake his claim with who he picks at #1, and given how deep this draft is at the position, anything other than quarterback is going to be viewed as a punt, IMO. There is still a pretty good chance that Barkley is available at #4, and if he isn't, or if the deal is sweet enough, they sell the #4 spot for a boatload of picks.

I love Barkley, and I think he's a generational talent, but I can't see him going to a team that needs a quarterback in the top 10.

He just Belichicked the Colts!

I'm happy he's staying. Still not over this loss but I can see Mcdaniel's being the HC for the 2019 if Belechick doesn't decide to retire suddenly.

Patriots are still favorites to win it all next year...and the year after that. Even if Gronk retires (which a load of bollocks if I ever seen it anyway - he isn't retiring anywhere soon).

I ain't trippin'. They will just bring another undrafted receiver or two in and destroy everyone in their siight anyway. As long as the GOAT is around...

Funny (unless your a colts fan), he did accept but the Colts should have made sure they had a signed contract before announcing Mcdaniels as the Coach.

For why he would want to stay? just look at the 2 owners and tell me which one you would rather work for.

Last edited:
You dont think any of the rookies are better than Kizer/Hogan/Kessler? I would say Rosen and Mayfield are both better than all 3 now, but i dont want either of those two or any current QB starting game 1 for us. Ideal would be Cousins and the draft Barkley and Fitzpatrick. But I doubt that happens so make a move for McCarron and draft Darnold/Rosen at 1 and let them sit

If you didn't have a brand new general manager, that would make sense. But I can't see a GM at this point not using a #1 pick to get the QB of his choice, even if his choice is likely to still be there at the #4 spot. Dorsey is going to stake his claim with who he picks at #1, and given how deep this draft is at the position, anything other than quarterback is going to be viewed as a punt, IMO. There is still a pretty good chance that Barkley is available at #4, and if he isn't, or if the deal is sweet enough, they sell the #4 spot for a boatload of picks.

I love Barkley, and I think he's a generational talent, but I can't see him going to a team that needs a quarterback in the top 10.

That's the beauty of the internet, everyone's got their opinion none are right, none are wrong. We will all need to wait till draft day to see what they do and if their #1 pick is still on the roster in 3-years.

That's the beauty of the internet, everyone's got their opinion none are right, none are wrong. We will all need to wait till draft day to see what they do and if their #1 pick is still on the roster in 3-years.
I thought he beauty of the internet was I'm always right and everyone else is an idiot.

The Colts should just go ahead and announce Luck as their 2018 HC .

Jimmy G lands the largest deal in NFL history 5 years - 137.5 million. Unreal

I wonder how long it took Jimmy to pick his jaw up and regain consciousness after his agent told him the terms?

I wonder how long it took Jimmy to pick his jaw up and regain consciousness after his agent told him the terms?

Guy has started 7 NFL games, threw 7 Td's last year and 5 int's and gets that contract??? Kirk Cousins has to be excited

Sure does pay to be Tom Brady's backup!

Jimmy easily would have gotten the most in FA this year if he wanted. Looks like the smart move from the 49ers.... pay the guy you think is your franchise QB. These QB deals will only get higher.

Guy has started 7 NFL games, threw 7 Td's last year and 5 int's and gets that contract??? Kirk Cousins has to be excited
TD/INT wasn't great but he averaged over 300 per game and was 5-0.
Pro sports salaries are just ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I can’t think of more than 2-3 QBs I’d rather have than Jimmy G if I was starting a franchise tomorrow. In 3-4 months and then 2-3 years his contract will look like nothing.

Rodgers is going to get 30 mil plus.

I miss the days when you had to be a Super Bowl winning QB or at the least a Pro Bowl QB to get thrown absurd amounts of money.

I think we can soundly say that NFL teams are making way too much cash they don't know what to do with it.

I can’t think of more than 2-3 QBs I’d rather have than Jimmy G if I was starting a franchise tomorrow. In 3-4 months and then 2-3 years his contract will look like nothing.

Rodgers is going to get 30 mil plus.
Who would they be? Have to be available too.

Who would they be? Have to be available too.

Available - no one

On other teams - Wentz, maybe Watson or Goff

But it’s pretty hard to come up with a list. Especially since Jimmy is only 26.

Crazy what can change in a year. Last year the “can’t miss” guys were Carr and Mariota and Cam. This year it’s Goff, Watson and Wentz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back