Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Barkley workout, I think if the Browns want him, take him at #1 and a QB at #4. Giants aren't gonna pass on him and there will be at least 1 of the top QBs left at #4.

After the Barkley workout, I think if the Browns want him, take him at #1 and a QB at #4. Giants aren't gonna pass on him and there will be at least 1 of the top QBs left at #4.

I don’t know. If the Giants covet Rosen, you always pull the trigger on a franchise QB over a franchise RB 100 out of 100 times. I like Barkley as much as the next guy but let’s not forget how many great RB’s come after rounds 2-3. Ultimately I don’t see him dropping out of the top 5.

I don’t know. If the Giants covet Rosen, you always pull the trigger on a franchise QB over a franchise RB 100 out of 100 times. I like Barkley as much as the next guy but let’s not forget how many great RB’s come after rounds 2-3. Ultimately I don’t see him dropping out of the top 5.
I agree, but Cleveland has the luxury of making sure they get him and still grab their franchise QB.
If the Giants like Rosen then I'm thinking Darnold, Mayfield and Allen will be their at #4 considering Indy will probably take Chubb?

Sounds like Allen and Mayfield were the QB winners today.

Agree. None of the QBs really stand out so the Browns better take Barkley 1 and decide on what to do with 4 when they're on the clock. Ideally they should sign Cousins, draft Barkley, and whoever is best for at 4. What would be so wrong with letting Kizer learn from Cousins and not drafting a QB at all?

I actually hope Barkley ends up with Colts because they're always on TV here and I'll get to watch him more often.

As of right now, without too much reading or homework, I'm hoping my Steelers get lucky and land Vea or Jackson.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

I actually point out that the Browns might be sold on a QB like Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield and are confident that either one will be available later on. In that case, they draft Barkley with #1, sell the #4 spot for a ransom, get Mayfield in the middle of the first round or Jackson in the second round, and then have a ton of picks on days 2 and 3.

Given that of the potential day 1 QBs in the draft I'm probably most sold on Mayfield (I can put him squarely in the "hates losing at least as much as he loves winning" category), that's the route I'd take. But there's a ton to be said if the Browns GM doesn't take a QB with #1. I think if he doesn't everyone will say that he got the sloppy seconds of a deep QB draft.

With the Brown's having 6 of first 65ish picks I dont know they need to fiddle around with trades to get more.

The entire Shaquem Griffin story is seriously incredible. Rooting for that kid hard

With the Brown's having 6 of first 65ish picks I dont know they need to fiddle around with trades to get more.

They don't need to, but the idea of selling the #4 spot to move back to #10 or so where Mayfield will likely still be waiting in order to pick even more youth and get some depth is the process they swore by. It's also part of the Patriot Way. Accumulate tons of picks rather than banking on making lots of early round picks work above and beyond.

They don't need to, but the idea of selling the #4 spot to move back to #10 or so where Mayfield will likely still be waiting in order to pick even more youth and get some depth is the process they swore by. It's also part of the Patriot Way. Accumulate tons of picks rather than banking on making lots of early round picks work above and beyond.
But what happens if Mayfield is gone before 10 and the top 4 QB are off the board. Then in a year u had 1 and 4 u ended up with no franchise qb

But what happens if Mayfield is gone before 10 and the top 4 QB are off the board. Then in a year u had 1 and 4 u ended up with no franchise qb

I agree. My scenario is only if they are really sold on Mayfield. People were earlier trying to find justifications for picking Barkley over (insert QB here) at #1, and the only way I see it is if they have a plan for a QB that isn't Darnold, Allen, or Rosen.

Personally, I think the Browns take whatever QB they think is best at #1, and if they really have a need to get pick up Barkley they swap with the Giants or the Colts to make sure they get him, using their abundance of picks as leverage.

I'm curious about the second tier of QBs in the Draft. Unless the Bills trade up, they'll be looking at Jackson, Rudolph, White, Ferguson, Falk, Litton, etc..
I've heard good things about White.
I don't want the Bills to give up all their assets to trade up.
What say you @lightningbolt44?

I'm curious about the second tier of QBs in the Draft. Unless the Bills trade up, they'll be looking at Jackson, Rudolph, White, Ferguson, Falk, Litton, etc..
I've heard good things about White.
I don't want the Bills to give up all their assets to trade up.
What say you @lightningbolt44?

I unfortunately think they will trade up. They have so many holes but that said if they truly believe it is a Franchise guy then make the move for me where they are sitting they need to stay put and draft to fill holes which basically means bpa with the amount of holes . If they stay put and draft a second tier guy I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrod again next year while the rookie learns. That said one of the sure fire top 10 guys will drop it happens every year for various reasons. Allen is intriguing to me but I think it’s just the gigantic arm and he would end up being frustrating.
I wouldn’t rule out Lamar Jackson either which is going to frustrate as well, however I think he is a special athlete that will win games on his own. Unfortunately I think it will be with his legs more than his arm and that will be really frustrating to many fans that want a pure passer (can’t say I agree but understand where they are coming from)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I unfortunately think they will trade up. They have so many holes but that said if they truly believe it is a Franchise guy then make the move for me where they are sitting they need to stay put and draft to fill holes which basically means bpa with the amount of holes . If they stay put and draft a second tier guy I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrod again next year while the rookie learns. That said one of the sure fire top 10 guys will drop it happens every year for various reasons. Allen is intriguing to me but I think it’s just the gigantic arm and he would end up being frustrating.
I wouldn’t rule out Lamar Jackson either which is going to frustrate as well, however I think he is a special athlete that will win games on his own. Unfortunately I think it will be with his legs more than his arm and that will be really frustrating to many fans that want a pure passer (can’t say I agree but understand where they are coming from)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw Allen compared to JaMarcus Russell.
All sorts of talk about Tyrod but sounds like they are not going to release him.
Personally, I'd like to see them just release Tyrod (save the $6 million) and maybe sign Bradford or even McCown, use their first 2 picks on D and take one of those guys I mentioned above in the 2nd round.

I agree. My scenario is only if they are really sold on Mayfield. People were earlier trying to find justifications for picking Barkley over (insert QB here) at #1, and the only way I see it is if they have a plan for a QB that isn't Darnold, Allen, or Rosen.

Personally, I think the Browns take whatever QB they think is best at #1, and if they really have a need to get pick up Barkley they swap with the Giants or the Colts to make sure they get him, using their abundance of picks as leverage.
If we assume the Colts are taking that DL at 3 then the Browns know that at a minimum they can get their franchise QB and the best DB in the draft. In that scenario I think it's tough to trade away picks. Maybe they get really luck and Barkley is available at 4. If not the alternative is pretty damn solid.

But taking Barkley at 1 then then being guaranteed to get one of Rosen, Mayfield Darnald or the Wyoming guy (and probably have a choice between three of them) at 4 is pretty nice too.

Last edited:
If we assume the Colts are taking that DL at 3 then the Browns know that at a minimum they can get their franchise QB and the best DB in the draft. In that scenario I think it's tough to trade away picks. Maybe they get really luck and Barkley is available at 4. If not the alternative is pretty damn solid.

But taking Barkley at 1 then then being guaranteed to get one of Rosen, Mayfield Darnald or the Wyoming guy (and probably have a choice between three of them) at 4 is pretty nice too.

Yep. That's my choice. Browns haven't had a legit, year-in, year-out, all pro/HOF caliber RB since LeRoy Kelly. I think Barkley makes the whole offense a whole lot better immediately & takes a lot of the pressure off of whoever is playing QB.

Based on KC taking Mahommes (biggest arm talent), I could see Dorsey taking Josh Allen at 4.

Looks like Ward ran a very impressive 40 of 4.32, and Jackson put up an average 4.49. I'm guessing that makes Ward the 1st CB off of the board, and Jackson falls to late 1st round or early 2nd... bummer. Oh well, here's hoping a team falls in love with his height, length, and ball skills as he was fun to watch last year, and came across like a very good person in the interviews that i've seen him in.

Looks like Ward ran a very impressive 40 of 4.32, and Jackson put up an average 4.49. I'm guessing that makes Ward the 1st CB off of the board, and Jackson falls to late 1st round or early 2nd... bummer. Oh well, here's hoping a team falls in love with his height, length, and ball skills as he was fun to watch last year, and came across like a very good person in the interviews that i've seen him in.

Crazy how many stud defensive backs keep coming out of Ohio State. Ward would have been a real nice late first/early second until he shot up the boards. Hard to see him fall out of the top 10 now

Man oh man... I surely hope Chubb is there at 3 for the Colts. If not Chubb, I hope Barkley is. If they go 1-2, I am on the trade down bus. If a QB does not go 1 or 2, I would imagine the Colts will have a few teams trying to trade up for the #3 spot to get in front of the Browns.

That could be a big haul for the Colts, but I would not want to move down too far... Quenton Nelson would be my preferred option if we slide back from #3.

Man oh man... I surely hope Chubb is there at 3 for the Colts. If not Chubb, I hope Barkley is. If they go 1-2, I am on the trade down bus. If a QB does not go 1 or 2, I would imagine the Colts will have a few teams trying to trade up for the #3 spot to get in front of the Browns.

That could be a big haul for the Colts, but I would not want to move down too far... Quenton Nelson would be my preferred option if we slide back from #3.

I think Chubb will be there for you especially if the Browns go QB at 1. That would spark the Giants to go QB at 2 and then you have your pick. I would hope you go Chubb so we can take Barkley at 4

I think Chubb will be there for you especially if the Browns go QB at 1. That would spark the Giants to go QB at 2 and then you have your pick. I would hope you go Chubb so we can take Barkley at 4

The Browns hold that wild card at 1. I think they will take a QB at 1, but who knows. It would not shock me to see Chubb/Barkley go 1-2.

The Browns hold that wild card at 1. I think they will take a QB at 1, but who knows. It would not shock me to see Chubb/Barkley go 1-2.

I think a lot of it depends on free agency. I dont think we are players for Cousins so that takes us to the McCarron sweepstakes and if thats the case, I want a QB at 1. Some would say just take Barkley at 1 and take your QB at 4. But the way I see it, with how deprived we have been at QB, dont risk your guy not being there at 4. Its the reason weve watched this crap sandwich on Sundays. Take your guy at 1 and best available at 4. Its too important of a position to try and get cute and miss your guy

I think a lot of it depends on free agency. I dont think we are players for Cousins so that takes us to the McCarron sweepstakes and if thats the case, I want a QB at 1. Some would say just take Barkley at 1 and take your QB at 4. But the way I see it, with how deprived we have been at QB, dont risk your guy not being there at 4. Its the reason weve watched this crap sandwich on Sundays. Take your guy at 1 and best available at 4. Its too important of a position to try and get cute and miss your guy

I think that makes the most sense... As you said, if you do not take "your qb" at 1, then there is a very high chance that he will be gone at 4. The Giants could take a QB and if they don't, all of the QBs will be there at 3 and then the Colts have a pick that a few teams will be desperately trying to trade up for to get in front of the Browns. If the Browns take Barkley or Chubb at 1, it will be chaos.

I think that makes the most sense... As you said, if you do not take "your qb" at 1, then there is a very high chance that he will be gone at 4. The Giants could take a QB and if they don't, all of the QBs will be there at 3 and then the Colts have a pick that a few teams will be desperately trying to trade up for to get in front of the Browns. If the Browns take Barkley or Chubb at 1, it will be chaos.

I do think this front office is more geared towards the "Win now" strategy as opposed to stock piling assets. Everything theyve said and done so far in the short time theyve been here leans to that. So i wouldnt be surprised to see Barkley at 1, fitzpatrick at 4 and then making a move for Allen or Lamar Jackson later in the draft. Again, its all gonna depend on free agency and until then, local sports radio is extremely painful to listen to

agreed, unless you dont have a clear gut "guy" or the differences are marginal, then take barklay at 1, get a stud RB and then either your guy at QB or your close 2nd at QB a few picks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back