Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think this front office is more geared towards the "Win now" strategy as opposed to stock piling assets. Everything theyve said and done so far in the short time theyve been here leans to that. So i wouldnt be surprised to see Barkley at 1, fitzpatrick at 4 and then making a move for Allen or Lamar Jackson later in the draft. Again, its all gonna depend on free agency and until then, local sports radio is extremely painful to listen to

Man, I can only imagine. They have the picks and front office in place, I think, to hit some home runs.

With the Colts, all we are hearing is Chubb or Barkley.

agreed, unless you dont have a clear gut "guy" or the differences are marginal, then take barklay at 1, get a stud RB and then either your guy at QB or your close 2nd at QB a few picks later.

Heres my thing with the running backs. Its a VERY deep class. Look at last year for example. Fournette was the clear cut guy at the position and was drafted very high. But he wasnt even the best or second best RB in his class this season and you could argue he was 4th. I think he is clearly the best in the class but that doesnt mean I think he translates to this current roster as an immediate pro bowl type player. And because of that, I am more interested in the franchise QB

Heres my thing with the running backs. Its a VERY deep class. Look at last year for example. Fournette was the clear cut guy at the position and was drafted very high. But he wasnt even the best or second best RB in his class this season and you could argue he was 4th. I think he is clearly the best in the class but that doesnt mean I think he translates to this current roster as an immediate pro bowl type player. And because of that, I am more interested in the franchise QB

Who's your guy at QB for the Browns?

Who's your guy at QB for the Browns?

McCarron through free agency and then drafting Mayfield would probably be my ideal scenario. I know many dont think Mayfield should be #1 nor do they think hes the best QB in the group, but I think hes going to be the best when its all said and done and if he can sit behind McCarron for a year at least, he has the highest ceiling. I dont want to make the financial and roster commitment to Cousins. If you take cousins he HAS to be your guy for 2-3 years regardless of how he performs. Where McCarron can cost you half and you can still build for the future at that position.

McCarron through free agency and then drafting Mayfield would probably be my ideal scenario. I know many dont think Mayfield should be #1 nor do they think hes the best QB in the group, but I think hes going to be the best when its all said and done and if he can sit behind McCarron for a year at least, he has the highest ceiling. I dont want to make the financial and roster commitment to Cousins. If you take cousins he HAS to be your guy for 2-3 years regardless of how he performs. Where McCarron can cost you half and you can still build for the future at that position.

I am really looking forward to seeing how much McCarron gets. His contract has to be a huge guessing game.

I'm not sold on Cousins and I like the McCarron idea at half the price or less. Mayfield could be the next Drew Brees.

A 2nd round draft pick? :D

The Browns hold that wild card at 1. I think they will take a QB at 1, but who knows. It would not shock me to see Chubb/Barkley go 1-2.

As a Jets fan, I hope that we can trade up to 1 or 4 (depending on what the Browns are slated to do) and take Barkley. He was a Jets fan as a kid, he's built as an impact player with no injury attitude or character concerns, and if we win the Cousins sweepstakes, it just makes sense. In my mind, the only player in this draft worth trading up for in the top 6 is Barkley, and we have a solid history with Browns trades (see: mangini). I truly hope we trade up for Barkley and address OL/OLB issues in FA and the remainder of the draft (assuming we can resign our secondary and ASJ). We've got roughly 95M to play with right now, either we throw the bank at Cousins and trade up for Barkley, or if we sit, and none of the top 4 QBs are available (unlikely) trade down for one of the Notre Dame O-Linemen. I guarantee Barkley, Mayfield and Rosen don't make it to 6 unless Chubb and Fitz go early.

I heard the Dolphins are now looking at a QB at #11. What's the latest on Tannehill?

I heard the Dolphins are now looking at a QB at #11. What's the latest on Tannehill?
They Said he's good to go by the end of the month and progressing well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As a Jets fan, I hope that we can trade up to 1 or 4 (depending on what the Browns are slated to do) and take Barkley. He was a Jets fan as a kid, he's built as an impact player with no injury attitude or character concerns, and if we win the Cousins sweepstakes, it just makes sense. In my mind, the only player in this draft worth trading up for in the top 6 is Barkley, and we have a solid history with Browns trades (see: mangini). I truly hope we trade up for Barkley and address OL/OLB issues in FA and the remainder of the draft (assuming we can resign our secondary and ASJ). We've got roughly 95M to play with right now, either we throw the bank at Cousins and trade up for Barkley, or if we sit, and none of the top 4 QBs are available (unlikely) trade down for one of the Notre Dame O-Linemen. I guarantee Barkley, Mayfield and Rosen don't make it to 6 unless Chubb and Fitz go early.

The OLB/Pass rush market in FA is very very thin, so going to be hard to address that there. I will be shocked if Chubb or Fitzpatrick are there at 6. Let me rephrase, I will be stunned if Chubb is there at 6, no matter what happens ahead of you guys. I see absolutely zero chance he is still there. I would be surprised if Fitz is there at 6, but as you said, it depends on the QBs.

The OLB/Pass rush market in FA is very very thin, so going to be hard to address that there. I will be shocked if Chubb or Fitzpatrick are there at 6. Let me rephrase, I will be stunned if Chubb is there at 6, no matter what happens ahead of you guys. I see absolutely zero chance he is still there. I would be surprised if Fitz is there at 6, but as you said, it depends on the QBs.

I agree with you here. FA is going to shape a lot of it, the best case was Denver/Jets left for Cousins to choose, to take out someone ahead of us in the draft for a QB. Had Denver landed cousins, it was a guarantee they'd take Barkley. But there's still Bridgewater, Keenum, maybe Foles dangled as a trade piece, McCarron, and Bradford. I don't trust Bridgewater or Bradford, because both injuries were career threatening, and Bradford is one wind gust away from a wheelchair. But with Dalvin Cook coming back, I feel that Minn is gonna be a problem with 51M in cap space, whether they land Cousins or not.

I think darnold has the highest ceiling in the NFL imo.

Dont disagree 1 bit with a McCarron signing and not feeding the new guy to the wolves

I think darnold has the highest ceiling in the NFL imo.

Dont disagree 1 bit with a McCarron signing and not feeding the new guy to the wolves

Possibly. His turnovers are scary though. As long as hes not rushed into things I would be fine drafting him and having him sit and watch for a year or two

Possibly. His turnovers are scary though. As long as hes not rushed into things I would be fine drafting him and having him sit and watch for a year or two

wonder how things would be different had the browns "filed" their trade paperwork for Mccarron in time

wonder how things would be different had the browns "filed" their trade paperwork for Mccarron in time

lol no kidding. But that would have meant they traded a 2nd and a 3rd. Now we can get him for just $$ and we have enough of that

Do they have as much interest to get him as they did last year? You don't hear much about it.

We have Watson, but this is brutal to start the draft this year

2018 draft picks
Round 1: None
Round 2: None
Round 3: Houston, Seattle
Round 4: Houston
Round 5: None
Round 6: Houston
Round 7: Houston

We need LB, OL and DB help. Hopefully Foreman can recover and be a stop gap RB we need and not have to address it this year.

We have Watson, but this is brutal to start the draft this year

2018 draft picks
Round 1: None
Round 2: None
Round 3: Houston, Seattle
Round 4: Houston
Round 5: None
Round 6: Houston
Round 7: Houston

We need LB, OL and DB help. Hopefully Foreman can recover and be a stop gap RB we need and not have to address it this year.
Orleans Darkwa should be available too. I hope Watson can stay healthy. Watt too

Time to cut the BS.

Have to overpay for Cousins. Minnesota makes more sense to him because flat out it's a better team. The Jets gotta do it, sick of hearing the 'Oh he isn't worth that, he isn't even a Top10 QB." Newsflash, the Jets have no QB. And Cousins has another 4-5 years of good football in him. Get him.

Time to cut the BS.

Have to overpay for Cousins. Minnesota makes more sense to him because flat out it's a better team. The Jets gotta do it, sick of hearing the 'Oh he isn't worth that, he isn't even a Top10 QB." Newsflash, the Jets have no QB. And Cousins has another 4-5 years of good football in him. Get him.
Totally agree. I also think we should trade up for Barkley, and get Allen Robinson. Also just found out that norwell from the Panthers is going FA. If that happens, getting him, and Jensen from Baltimore would really help our o line. I also like the idea to bring Mangold on as a consultant if he doesn't want to play anywhere. We need heart and leadership. Our defense is getting there. Robinson, cousins and Barkley have 0 character concerns and play their hearts out. It just makes sense. If we lose out on cousins and can't get Barkley, Rosen may fall.

Totally agree. I also think we should trade up for Barkley, and get Allen Robinson.
I'm not against this. If the Jets land Cousins the talent from Washington to NY drops considerably. Same crap OLine that he had in Washington, but the playmakers not there. I LIKE Robby Anderson and Jermain Kearse, but they are simply secondary WRs, solid options. I like the suggestion of Robinson because he has shown he can be a #1 wideout, albeit it was 3 seasons ago, not to mention coming off a torn ACL, but Keenan Allen recovered from back to back ligament tears and put up an All-Pro season. It can happen.

As far as Barkley, just don't want to give up the ranch for him. No doubt the team has to go offense though. They drafted enough in the top end of the draft for defensive players for quite a few drafts now, time to draft a game breaker.

I hope Cousins lands with the Vikings so all the teams picking before the 49ers still need a QB come draft time

I'm not against this. If the Jets land Cousins the talent from Washington to NY drops considerably. Same crap OLine that he had in Washington, but the playmakers not there. I LIKE Robby Anderson and Jermain Kearse, but they are simply secondary WRs, solid options. I like the suggestion of Robinson because he has shown he can be a #1 wideout, albeit it was 3 seasons ago, not to mention coming off a torn ACL, but Keenan Allen recovered from back to back ligament tears and put up an All-Pro season. It can happen.

As far as Barkley, just don't want to give up the ranch for him. No doubt the team has to go offense though. They drafted enough in the top end of the draft for defensive players for quite a few drafts now, time to draft a game breaker.
Well idk if you saw but Robby just cursed out Chris Carter on Twitter, calling him a f*** n***a. Lol. Something tells me he's on his way out, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back