Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I figured now that we're in to 2018 it's time to start discussing the offseason and beyond!

*if the money is right. I don't think the Browns should pay what he wants. Especially because I am pretty certain they will be selecting thier "QB of the future" in this years draft. I would rather possibly make a trade for someone like Alex Smith, who I believe may not be starting for KC next year, to bide time for the rookie selection which would be much cheaper than Cousins. I'd spend as much money ($115M cap space) outside of the QB for this year as possible in hopes that when the rookie is ready he will have weapons around him and a solid core. I don't like the idea of any of these rookie QB's starting right away... especially in CLE

Kirk Cousins to the J-E-T-S! $100million in cap space. Phuck the Browns!!

RIP Kirk Cousins’ career :/

Wouldn't matter if we reanimated the corpse of Otto Graham, and fiendishly mated it to a 7-foot tall robot that could run a 1.2 second 40, throw a perfect pass everytime, and could hear the other teams plays. We still have Hue Jokeson calling the plays.

Great games today!

Shouldnt the playoffs end before the new year thread begins?
I mean there is an NFL thread to talk about the league and all : )

Shouldnt the playoffs end before the new year thread begins?
I mean there is an NFL thread to talk about the league and all : )
You can understand why the Browns fans were unaware the season extends beyond mid January.

You can understand why the Browns fans were unaware the season extends beyond mid January.

I feel hurt and completely agree. What is this playoff's thing people speak of? :confused2:

YEa I mean.....we (Browns) are back to .500 already! Best part of the NFL season for us!

2018 NFL Thread

Fixed it for you

As a Browns fan ()...i personally like the Haley OC signing.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

As a Browns fan ()...i personally like the Haley OC signing.

I'm on the fence about it. I'm sure you're hearing more than I am about it being in the area. Are they talking up there that he's the "coach in waiting" in case things go farther south on Hue? One talk show I was listening to here in C-bus was talking that they signed him as a CIW along with being OC.

I'm on the fence about it. I'm sure you're hearing more than I am about it being in the area. Are they talking up there that he's the "coach in waiting" in case things go farther south on Hue? One talk show I was listening to here in C-bus was talking that they signed him as a CIW along with being OC.
Well he's getting to call plays apparently. I think Hue is out if they are 0-3 anyways so not sure what the coach in waiting thing matters

Well he's getting to call plays apparently. I think Hue is out if they are 0-3 anyways so not sure what the coach in waiting thing matters

I was trying to figure out how long they'll keep him. They might give him longer than that, depending on who the first 3 games are against. I can't wait to see what the offense looks like.

What do you think about Joe Thomas lobbying for Brees to sign with Cleveland? I'm sure odds are very small that it would actually happen. Well at least not until Brees is using a walker and carrying an oxygen tank. Then Cleveland will offer him top dollar and make him the highest paid QB.

So looks like the Senior Bowl might have bumped up Josh Allen's stock and quieted some of his critics.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So looks like the Senior Bowl might have bumped up Josh Allen's stock and quited some of his critics.

I will be interested to see how he progresses, as I'll be honest, he wasn't that impressive the couple times I saw him this year

I will be interested to see how he progresses, as I'll be honest, he wasn't that impressive the couple times I saw him this year
These guys with all the "tools" don't seem to pan out very often.
Look at Paxton Lynch and Blaine Gabbert. Doubt they'll ever be more than backups.

These guys with all the "tools" don't seem to pan out very often.
Look at Paxton Lynch and Blaine Gabbert. Doubt they'll ever be more than backups.

Agreed,

And I know it doesn't really matter, but he went a combined 32-64 for 238yds 3INTs and 0Tds in his two games against power 5 conf opponents... and both of those teams struggled this year (iowa/oregon). I'm not saying that it is a fair barometer, but man, at least throw a TD or average more than 134 yds... I'd take a guy like Mayfield in a heartbeat over this kid...

Plus, something has to give... there is no way that 5 QBs go in the first round as projected

Agreed,

And I know it doesn't really matter, but he went a combined 32-64 for 238yds 3INTs and 0Tds in his two games against power 5 conf opponents... and both of those teams struggled this year (iowa/oregon). I'm not saying that it is a fair barometer, but man, at least throw a TD or average more than 134 yds... I'd take a guy like Mayfield in a heartbeat over this kid...

Plus, something has to give... there is no way that 5 QBs go in the first round as projected

The 5 QBs aren't going to surprise me, might even be 6 with Rosen, Darnold and Allen going top 10 and then Jackson, Mayfield and Rudolph later in the first. A couple teams are gonna reach for guys like they always do with QBs. Probably the only position that happens with. A couple a could fall to the 2nd round though.

The 5 QBs aren't going to surprise me, might even be 6 with Rosen, Darnold and Allen going top 10 and then Jackson, Mayfield and Rudolph later in the first. A couple teams are gonna reach for guys like they always do with QBs. Probably the only position that happens with. A couple a could fall to the 2nd round though.

I don't know, in the past 15 years there hasn't been more than 4 QBs taken in the 1st with the average being 2.5... I could see 3 going in the first, but 5 would really surprise me... I could see 2 or 3 of these guys falling to the 2nd

I don't know, in the past 15 years there hasn't been more than 4 QBs taken in the 1st with the average being 2.5... I could see 3 going in the first, but 5 would really surprise me... I could see 2 or 3 of these guys falling to the 2nd
I think Rosen, Darnold and Allen are guaranteed to go.
Any one of the next three could go too.
Mayfield is a wildcard and I wonder if Jackson is gonna be the next Watson. Some people rave about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back