The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Avs sign Grubauer to a 3 year $10m extension. But with the $5.5m to buy out Orpik it raises the cost a little steep if he doesn't become the #1 guy. I can't believe he was making that much. Congrats on Caps for finding a way to pay for Carlson and they might get Orpik back at a lesser cost.

Orpik is 2.5 this year and 1.5 next year. Now we need to figure out how to get rid of Varly.

Orpik is 2.5 this year and 1.5 next year. Now we need to figure out how to get rid of Varly.

they should try to call Bergevin, he is in a giving mood these days

they should try to call Bergevin, he is in a giving mood these days
Marty, thoughts on the Habs' pick at #3? Seems like it wasn't too popular.

Marty, thoughts on the Habs' pick at #3? Seems like it wasn't too popular.

it was unpopular to anyone that doesn't know hockey, anyone that reads a bit kinda expected it to be between Zadina, Hugues and KotKaniemi. I'm not surprised they picked the center

it was unpopular to anyone that doesn't know hockey, anyone that reads a bit kinda expected it to be between Zadina, Hugues and KotKaniemi. I'm not surprised they picked the center
I didn't pay much attention to the picks between 1-32 so I wasn't up on this kid. I had heard of Zadina though.

I didn't pay much attention to the picks between 1-32 so I wasn't up on this kid. I had heard of Zadina though.

from what I heard, Zadina's Cockiness turned off a lot of teams

For a team that had PK, I wouldn't expect that to be an issue
from what I heard, Zadina's Cockiness turned off a lot of teams

For a team that had PK, I wouldn't expect that to be an issue

I'd still take PK over Weber all day, but hey what do I know about it

I'd still take PK over Weber all day, but hey what do I know about it
I can't stand him but I would too...but what do I know about it

I have a feeling you guys will regret that contract sooner than later.

Hahahha dude had a monster year he deserves all of it. I bet you typed the same thing about the Oshie extension last season and that worked out nicely ?

Hahahha dude had a monster year he deserves all of it. I bet you typed the same thing about the Oshie extension last season and that worked out nicely ��

he had a great season, but somehow I'm still not sold on him.

I always like Oshie, until he landed with the craps

he had a great season, but somehow I'm still not sold on him.

I always like Oshie, until he landed with the craps

He played 26 minutes a game during the regular season, played a major role on the PP and can kill penalties. He is a gamer

He played 26 minutes a game during the regular season, played a major role on the PP and can kill penalties. He is a gamer

he was great this year, and during the playoffs, what would worry me is that he was good the previous 8 years. 8 mil for this season's Carlsson, ok, but for the sub 40 point guy he was and might become back, that's a lot

The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

he was great this year, and during the playoffs, what would worry me is that he was good the previous 8 years. 8 mil for this season's Carlsson, ok, but for the sub 40 point guy he was and might become back, that's a lot

I think that’s the risk though when you have guys that have career years in a contract year. It’ll be interesting to see how he progresses and I’m also curious how the contract is structured. Gotta figure though, those types of contracts aren’t as bad as they once were. Especially with opportunities to dump them with buyouts or expansion drafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked up at 8 million until he is 36. Looking at past production and the fact that 6 years of an 8 year deal he will be in his 30’s makes this a bad contract in my opinion unless you get two or three more cups with him

He lead the Defense to a Cup win and had a great season. I am happy that the Caps made it work to sign him, who knows if it will be a bad deal or not just happy he will be a Cap for a long time.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...-to-eight-year-deal-worth-8-million-a-season/

53 helpers is damn impressive and logged a ton of minutes in all situations.

He lead the Defense to a Cup win and had a great season. I am happy that the Caps made it work to sign him, who knows if it will be a bad deal or not just happy he will be a Cap for a long time.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...-to-eight-year-deal-worth-8-million-a-season/

53 helpers is damn impressive and logged a ton of minutes in all situations.

I get where you are coming from but that money in that term for his age off a career year is not a good thing. His previous years are good but but not 8 million good. I stand by my initial opinion. You need him to lead the D and get two more cups to make it with while.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=99508

1f66c3bf034a955d2e862a4a0f3f8b9c.png

I cannot decide if I hate this or am happy he has a chance to redeem himself.

1f66c3bf034a955d2e862a4a0f3f8b9c.png

I cannot decide if I hate this or am happy he has a chance to redeem himself.

Now that is not something I expected to read. Interesting.

I didn’t realize he was 34. At the right price and used correctly he could help for a year or two.

Sorry, @MPLefty. Lol
ef9a8096aac75a91ce1627e3fd1f210f.jpg

Back