The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but not surprised since you're the guy that sees nothing wrong with your team of idiots damaging the Cup.

They won it though...

I'm preparing for another season if disappointment. Star player doesn't want to negotiate a contract extension, all UFA are walking to other teams. No reliable replacements being signed and only to be replaced by potential questionable prospect depth.

:sad:

wow the Leafs are now the favourites for the stanley cup...

Tavares to the Leafs. Wow.

They still need help on D but damn that forward group is stacked.

They still need help on D but damn that forward group is stacked.

their top 3 centers had over 110 goals last year, that is impressive.

their top 3 centers had over 110 goals last year, that is impressive.

Damn. How many did the Habs top 3 centres have?

Cole and Calvert fill holes in the Avs lineup. I had been rooting for the Cole signing as he is a solid defender who didnt cost a bundle. Overall a nice upgrade over some of the dead meat they put on the ice at the end of season. Just picked my games for next season and I'm genuinely excited about their chances this year.

I'm preparing for another season if disappointment. Star player doesn't want to negotiate a contract extension, all UFA are walking to other teams. No reliable replacements being signed and only to be replaced by potential questionable prospect depth.

:sad:

Nope. Don’t say that. Still have bob. Losing Calvert and Cole won’t affect the regular season much, although I will miss Matty hustle. Vanek didn’t do anything this year for us, and Johnson was falling out of favor with the team. I still have hope Davidson can put together some good deals.

Pens sign Jack Jonson and Matt Cullen. Guess Rutherford has deserved the benefit of the doubt but they’re head scratchers for sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pens sign Jack Jonson and Matt Cullen. Guess Rutherford has deserved the benefit of the doubt but they’re head scratchers for sure...

I would assume addressing the defense core was the main objective.

Nope. Don’t say that. Still have bob. Losing Calvert and Cole won’t affect the regular season much, although I will miss Matty hustle. Vanek didn’t do anything this year for us, and Johnson was falling out of favor with the team. I still have hope Davidson can put together some good deals.

I wish Cole had stayed. I'm fine with Johnson leaving. Calvert hurts but he's replaceable. I'm not too fond of the whole Panarin situation of not wanting to negotiate. I knew it was doubtful that they were going to keep Vanek but when he got here at the trade deadline the 2nd line came to life. He was almost a point a game player during his brief time here.

I would assume addressing the defense core was the main objective.

Then he should have signed someone other than Jack Johnson.

Yea. I don't mind the signing as much as the length of the deal. I think he'll be a good bottom end defenseman, and maybe getting out of Columbus will be good for him, but the Pens have been intrigued by him for awhile. If Gonchar can work his magic like he did with Oleksiak and Schultz, it could be a great signing.

I wish Cole had stayed. I'm fine with Johnson leaving. Calvert hurts but he's replaceable. I'm not too fond of the whole Panarin situation of not wanting to negotiate. I knew it was doubtful that they were going to keep Vanek but when he got here at the trade deadline the 2nd line came to life. He was almost a point a game player during his brief time here.

Yea I’m not sure what’s going on with Panarin. But after that being the first time the team has really gotten the player they wanted/needed for all these years, it’s bad if they can’t lock him up.

The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Anddddd jackets just signed Riley Nash. Apparently I have to keep up with the free agency news. That one should help with the Calvert loss.

So I just met the owner of this golf bag. He is checking in to where the wife and I are staying. Really nice guy.

d86f5929f730542cc2bfa86e866e489b.jpg

4c5ca68e4e6a6b59a6c55ec6f646c6cb.jpg

So I just met the owner of this golf bag. He is checking in to where the wife and I are staying. Really nice guy.

Ha I’m pretty sure I have a few of his hockey cards laying around somewhere!

I went to a hockey school with Kelly Hrudey, Charlie Simmer, and Charlie Huddy in Culver City California. They are all nice guys....go Kings!

Ha I’m pretty sure I have a few of his hockey cards laying around somewhere!

Haha. So do I. That bag is awesome. Apparently it was a gift.

That’s awesome man.

Back