The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

You my friend, are the definition of a bandwagoner. Lol

Disagree. Oh who did you cheer for in the cup final?:alien:

Trotz has been hired by the Islanders.

I think Tarves stays with the Islanders. What Vegas does with their Karlsson will be interesting. RFA with arbitration rights that didn’t do anything until last year and put up 40 with a shooting percentage that is the anomaly and not the norm. Maybe a sign and trade with both Karlssons involved?

Bring Karlsson back to the CBJ!

Bring Karlsson back to the CBJ!

Wonder how many teams wish they had their expansion pick back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot how much cap space they have. They could definitely make a splash in FA. I can't see Carlson going there after beating them in the cup finals. I think Tavares is gonna stay somewhere on the east coast, maybe even Toronto.

It’s going to be an interesting offseason. Maybe they’ll take Phil Kessel in a trade from the Pens! Haha

It’s going to be an interesting offseason. Maybe they’ll take Phil Kessel in a trade from the Pens! Haha

I hear he might end up in Arizona.

I hear he might end up in Arizona.

A few Pittsburgh Outlets reported that the Coyotes didn’t want to take on large contracts. Either way I’m fine if he stays or goes. Cap space could go a long way in shoring up a few other areas for the Pens.

Dan Bylsma back in the NHL as an assistant with Detroit. Wonder if he’s there as a possible replacement for their current coach.

Draft Night!!!!

I want to see some big names get traded.

Draft Night!!!!

I want to see some big names get traded.

Atleast I know the Pens 1st rd pick will turn out as good as last years....

Capitals getting out from Orpiks contract is a nice move for them.

Capitals getting out from Orpiks contract is a nice move for them.

I think he will be a good fit on the Avs and getting Grubauer for a 2nd is a solid trade. Now to see what they do with Varly and nervier.

Lol Habs jump a little early on their pick.

Poor Brady.

Going back to 1987 only 6 first over all picks have won a cup. I thought it would be a lot higher.

I think he will be a good fit on the Avs and getting Grubauer for a 2nd is a solid trade. Now to see what they do with Varly and nervier.

I think he will too. For a year, he may be overpaid but he can still play. And wow...what is Bergevin trying to do up there?

I think he will too. For a year, he may be overpaid but he can still play. And wow...what is Bergevin trying to do up there?

Trying to ensure he never gets a job again after he gets fired.

Trying to ensure he never gets a job again after he gets fired.

Doing a mighty good job of it...

Fooooooodie. Let’s see if this years combine wonder pans out.

He can still play in the playoffs when the rules revert back to clutch & grab, interference, hooks and slashes.
From what I remember, he was pretty terrible during the regular season last year.

Is Grubauer ready to be a #1? Orpik is getting traded again or they will eat his contract. So a high 2nd and millions spent for hopefully Varleys replacement. Bernier is a free agent and I guess they figured he wasn't going to be the guy going forward. So I guess my question is Grubauer > Bernier?

Avs sign Grubauer to a 3 year $10m extension. But with the $5.5m to buy out Orpik it raises the cost a little steep if he doesn't become the #1 guy. I can't believe he was making that much. Congrats on Caps for finding a way to pay for Carlson and they might get Orpik back at a lesser cost.

Back