2018/19 Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad that Bravo is not our top goalkeeper. Very bonehead play late in the half to almost give up a goal.

Stoke loses to Leeds 3-1 in the opening game of their Championship season. I didn't get to watch it but from the scoreline it seems like it was ugly... ugh

And the season begins.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Friday, August 10
Manchester United vs. Leicester City, 3pm, NBCSN, Universo, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)

And the season begins.

All times Eastern.

Friday, August 10
Manchester United vs. Leicester City, 3pm, NBCSN, Universo, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)

With Stoke relegated I am gonig to have to find another team to support... I am going to miss watching them in the PL.

With Stoke relegated I am gonig to have to find another team to support... I am going to miss watching them in the PL.
c4Ii0PWm.jpg

Always remember: friends don't let friends root for Spurs!! :laughing:

c4Ii0PWm.jpg

Always remember: friends don't let friends root for Spurs!! :laughing:

Not a bad choice... When I updated the app on my phone I selected " General Premier League Fan" haha

All times Eastern.
Saturday, August 11
Newcastle vs. Spurs, 7:30am, NBCSN, Universo, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)
Huddersfield vs. Chelsea, 10am, NBCSN, Universo, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)
Bournemouth vs. Cardiff, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
Fulham vs. Crystal Palace, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
Watford vs. Brighton, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
Wolves vs. Everton, 12:30pm, NBC, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)

Championship TV schedule
All times Eastern.
Saturday, August 11
QPR vs. Sheffield United, 10am, ESPN+
Derby vs. Leeds United, 12:30pm, ESPN+

The title defense begins tomorrow.

All times Eastern.

Sunday, August 12
Liverpool vs. West Ham, 8:30am, NBCSN, Telemundo, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)
Southampton vs. Burnley, 8:30am, NBC Sports Gold
Arsenal vs. Manchester City, 11am, NBCSN, Telemundo, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)

Chelsea are looking strong and uncoordinated. I think once they've got themselves sorted out they are going to be serious contenders this year. Getting all excited for the West Ham game in a couple of hours.

Really liking that lfc line up right now. Milner and mane are feeding machines. The attack is so quick. And thank you. No karius!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Liverpool is pretty much controlling the play as of late. Didn’t get to watch the hole game but they should have this thing about wrapped up

Interesting lineup but come on Arsenal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bright start and then punched in the mouth by Sterlings goal. Aubameyang has been stifled. Have to find a way to get him more involved in the 2nd half.

A bright start and then punched in the mouth by Sterlings goal. Aubameyang has been stifled. Have to find a way to get him more involved in the 2nd half.
Same ol' Gunners. :banghead:

Flashes of brilliance, then THUD!!

Man City wins 2-0 over Arsenal. A lot to like from the Gunners, but they are still a work in progress.

Missed the first 20 minutes of the game and City is already up 1-0. And a couple minutes later, the Arsenal Keeper almost gives us another one.

i know surprise losses happen but the next 6 games for City look to result in a good chance of 21 points

Where was that in the World Cup, sterling. Good grief.

Man City wins 2-0 over Arsenal. A lot to like from the Gunners, but they are still a work in progress.

I liked what I saw really. Other than Xhaka who is useless in that position. Ramsey doesn't know how to be a central midfielder anymore, he drifts forward and out of position way too much. Cech is eyeing the end of his time at Arsenal. I liked what I saw from Guendouzi. He went from Ligue 2 to the EPL and playing against the defending champions. Add to that, Ramsey and Xhaka were invisible in defense and that young man had to play for three players. He did fine.

Really liking that lfc line up right now. Milner and mane are feeding machines. The attack is so quick. And thank you. No karius!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Saturday’s front three scored over 90 goals between them last season, that’s pretty impressive.

All or Nothing: Manchester City is now available on Amazon Prime Video. Looks like we will be watching at least a couple of episodes tomorrow.

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler
City kicks major ass and sets a brazilian records.

watching this docu-series and boy does Guardiola like the F-word.

Upcoming Matches (US only)
Saturday, August 18

7:30 am ET
Cardiff vs. Newcastle (Premier League) NBCSN, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

10:00 am ET
Everton vs. Southampton (Premier League) NBC Sports Gold
Leicester vs. Wolves (Premier League) NBC Sports Gold
Millwall vs. Derby (Championship) ESPN+
Spurs vs. Fulham (Premier League) NBCSN, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue
West Ham vs. Bournemouth (Premier League) NBC Sports Gold

11:00 am ET
Guingamp vs. PSG (Ligue 1) beIN SPORTS, fuboTV, Sling Latino

12:00 pm ET
Chievo vs. Juventus (Serie A) ESPN+

12:15 pm ET
Celta Vigo vs. Espanyol (LaLiga) beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino

12:30 pm ET
Chelsea vs. Arsenal (Premier League) NBC, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue
Preston vs. Stoke (Championship) ESPN+

2:00 pm ET
Monaco vs. Lille (Ligue 1) beIN SPORTS, fuboTV, Sling Latino

4:00 pm ET
Seattle vs. LA Galaxy (MLS) ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, Sling Orange

4:15 pm ET
Barcelona vs. Alaves (La Liga) beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back