2018/19 Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another head scratcher excluding Lacazette and Torreira. Oh well. Come on Arsenal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is garbage. Can’t finish in front of goal. Can’t defend.

What a turnaround!!! Should be 4-2 Arsenal!!!

3-2 defeat. 5 goals allowed in 2 matches. 2 tough opponents but today was winnable. Terrible defending.

Upcoming Matches (US only)

Sunday, August 19

8:30 am ET
Burnley vs. Watford (Premier League) NBC Sports Gold
Man City vs. Huddersfield (Premier League) NBCSN, Telemundo, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

11:00 am ET
Brighton vs. Man United (Premier League) NBCSN, Telemundo, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

12:00 pm ET
Torino vs. AS Roma (Serie A) ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, Sling Orange, PlayStation Vue

1:30 pm ET
Belenenses vs. Porto (Liga NOS) GolTV, GolTV en Espanol, fuboTV

4:15 pm ET
Real Madrid vs. Getafe (LaLiga) beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino

7:30 pm ET
DC United vs. New England (MLS) FS1, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

It seems that Man City picked up right where it left off last season...

United look dreadful. Slow, unenthusiastic, erratic. No one is on the same page. I don’t know what the hell is going on off the pitch, but they need to figure it out quickly.

Bailly looks lost at CB today and has essentially caused all 3 goals.

I’d have to think Lingard and Rashford will make the offense look quicker, which they do already, but they have put themselves so behind vs not a good team.

Congrats to Brighton, but good grief that’s a bad looking United.

Finally able to watch the game from this morning.

Well it took 26 minutes to put one in the back of the net, but it opened the floodgates. 3-0 City after 35 minutes. Two by Aguero.

Oh crap, Huddersfield scored.

What a set piece goal by Silva. Goalkeeper never even moved.

Hat trick for Aguero.

Parking the bus isn't working for Huddersfield.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Monday, August 20
Crystal Palace vs. Liverpool, 3pm, NBCSN, fuboTV, Sling Blue and PlayStation Vue (free trial)

United look dreadful. Slow, unenthusiastic, erratic. No one is on the same page. I don’t know what the hell is going on off the pitch, but they need to figure it out quickly.

It's always a good day when the Rags lose. :eyepoke:

It's always a good day when the Rags lose. :eyepoke:

Well then it looks like you’re in for a treat this season. They looked awful

It seems that Man City picked up right where it left off last season...

Its only been two games, but they look the sharpest of the so called big clubs. I'd happily put money on them retaining the title this season.

For a neutral its a joy to watch them play. Last nights commentators are expecting them to pick up the full 18 points from their first 6 games. I can not remember which sub came on in the second half but, he cost more than the entire Huddersfield side. With a squad that strong they can afford for De Bruyne to be sidelined for three months.

Its only been two games, but they look the sharpest of the so called big clubs. I'd happily put money on them retaining the title this season.

For a neutral its a joy to watch them play. Last nights commentators are expecting them to pick up the full 18 points from their first 6 games. I can not remember which sub came on in the second half but, he cost more than the entire Huddersfield side. With a squad that strong they can afford for De Bruyne to be sidelined for three months.

It's amazing what happens when you give a manager unlimited resources to build a team to fit his tactics. By the looks of thing, ManC are going to roll the PL again. Nobody is spending money like they are. Nobody can. If the other "big clubs" want to be relevant in the title race, for the foreseeable future anyways, they need to spend many millions of Euros/pounds/dollars. If not, the EPL is going to start to look like La Liga or Ligue 1.

4 points out of the first 2 matches for my toffees! Not a bad start to the season with our new boss.

Friday, August 24
2:30 pm ET
Bayern Munich vs. Hoffenheim (Bundesliga) FS1, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

2:45 pm ET
Lyon vs. Strasbourg (Ligue 1) beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino
Middlesbrough vs. West Brom (Championship)ESPN+

Leganes vs. Real Sociedad (LaLiga) beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino

10:00 pm ET
Atlas vs. Chivas (Liga MX) UniMas, fuboTV

10:30 pm ET
LA Galaxy vs. LAFC (MLS) ESPN, ESPN Deportes, Sling Orange, PlayStation Vue

Stoke loses to Wigan 3-0... Ugh this is going to be bad.

Saturday, August 25

7:30 am ET
Wolves vs. Man City (Premier League) NBCSN, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

9:30 am ET
Wolfsburg vs. Schalke (Bundesliga) FS1, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

10:00 am ET
Arsenal vs. West Ham (Premier League) NBCSN, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue
Bournemouth vs. Everton (Premier League) NBC Sports Gold
Huddersfield vs. Cardiff (Premier League) NBC Sports Gold
Norwich vs. Leeds (Championship) ESPN+
Southampton vs. Leicester (Premier League) NBC Sports Gold

11:00 am ET
PSG vs. Angers (Ligue 1) beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino

12:00 pm ET
Juventus vs. Lazio (Serie A) ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, Sling Orange, PlayStation Vue

12:30 pm ET
Ajax vs. Emmen (Eredivisie) ESPN+
Liverpool vs. Brighton (Premier League) NBC, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue
Monchengladbach vs. Leverkusen (Bundesliga) FS1, Univision Deportes, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue
Nottingham Forest vs. Birmingham City (Championship) ESPN+

2:00 pm ET

Benfica vs. Sporting CP (Primeira Liga) GolTV, GolTV en Espanol, fuboTV

2:15 pm ET
Atletico Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano (LaLiga) beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino

2:30 pm ET
Napoli vs. Milan (Serie A)ESPN+

4:00 pm ET
Porto vs. Guimaraes (Primeira Liga) GolTV, GolTV en Espanol, fuboTV

Real Valladolid vs. Barcelona (LaLiga) beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, Sling Latino

Watching the City game on dvr. Almost halfway through and they haven't even scored yet. This team sucks. Fire Guardiola.

Wolves score a goal on a hand ball, City down 1-0.

City drops points but comes back to tie it up late in the half. Wolves came out to play though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back