2018/19 Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
It's almost the end of July, so it seems like a good time to start the thread for the new season. The Summer Transfer season is in full swing and it will be interesting to see who goes where, as well as who stays put.

This thread is for all leagues and competitions (we're still in the middle of the MLS season) all over the world. I care most about the Premier League but all soccer talk can go here. I also named it the Soccer thread so as not to make the NFL fans mad, haha.

Here are the odds as of 5/27/18 to win the Premier League in 2019. Man City expected to be the first team to defend since United won three in a row from 2006/07 to 2008/09. Hope that happens, haha. No surprise to me that Liverpool is expected to be the biggest challengers. I'd like to see United drop down to Europa League level!

2018-19 premier league odds.jpg

Champions League odds:

2018-19 champions league odds.jpg

Top Premier League scorer odds. Harry Kane expected to continue to tear it up.

2018-19 prem league top scorer odds.jpg

200/1 for my Everton to win the league... So you're saying there's a chance!

Hard to see anyone but City win the league this year, but you never know. Interested to see how they fair in the champions league, think they might pull it off this season and get the double.

As much as I hate to say it too, think Salah will be top goal scorer again. Excited for the new season though only a few weeks away!

Huge Tottenham fan, but damn was it not fun watching Huddersfield play at home last year? That was some epic viewing.

Just when I was looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks you drop this

I hope this is a good thing Cobra....and BTW I have a good reason why I am a Tottenham fan....will tell you in a few weeks.

I hope this is a good thing Cobra....and BTW I have a good reason why I am a Tottenham fan....will tell you in a few weeks.
Quite the contrary. I'm a Gooner. But I'll try and look past that haha

I follow Cardiff City so it will be nice to see them get more TV coverage over here since getting promoted back to the Premier League. I’m just waiting until they announce the full squad numbers do I can order a new shirt from their online shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I need to find a Euro team to follow. My daughter wants to watch more soccer and having a team helps.

I would like to see more La Liga games, but EPL is the only one that’s on constantly.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Friday, July 20
Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund (International Champions Cup), 9pm, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes

Really looking forward to this season. West Ham have been spending like never before and with Pellegrini taking over this could be a good season for us.

Dreading this season. No more parachute payments, falling foul of the financial fair play rules, it’s really not looking good for Villa this year. I had a feeling when they went down, but can’t help feeling we are gonna be the new Leeds.

#FiberLaunch

Hoping Tottenham keep up the good form. Always been a pessimistic fan so never really hope for much.

Looking forward to watching games In the new stadium

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd like to see United drop down to Europa League level!

Reported for hate speech.

United to win the league again finally! They will make one or two big moves and win in a tight battle at the top. Need to get to 21, been on 20 far too long.

Rooney’s first start for DC United and they are down 1-3 to a far superior Atlanta United squad... not the start he envisioned I am sure. He seems a few games away from being fit to go for a full 90 though

Rooney’s first start for DC United and they are down 1-3 to a far superior Atlanta United squad... not the start he envisioned I am sure. He seems a few games away from being fit to go for a full 90 though

Seeing how he went to a team at the bottom of the table (well of the conference), he shouldn't expect a lot!

On another note, I wish the MSL would get rid of the whole conference thing and do the season like the rest of the world does. It'll never happen, but would be cool to see.

Seeing how he went to a team at the bottom of the table (well of the conference), he shouldn't expect a lot!

On another note, I wish the MSL would get rid of the whole conference thing and do the season like the rest of the world does. It'll never happen, but would be cool to see.

They are bad. They have talent but it isn’t just coming together and it is easy to tell given their spot in the league.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Sunday, July 22
Liverpool vs Borussia Dortmund (International Champions Cup), 4pm, ESPN

It's almost the end of July, so it seems like a good time to start the thread for the new season. The Summer Transfer season is in full swing and it will be interesting to see who goes where, as well as who stays put.

This thread is for all leagues and competitions (we're still in the middle of the MLS season) all over the world. I care most about the Premier League but all soccer talk can go here. I also named it the Soccer thread so as not to make the NFL fans mad, haha.

Here are the odds as of 5/27/18 to win the Premier League in 2019. Man City expected to be the first team to defend since United won three in a row from 2006/07 to 2008/09. Hope that happens, haha. No surprise to me that Liverpool is expected to be the biggest challengers. I'd like to see United drop down to Europa League level!

View attachment 34132

My love/hate for you continues on for another season.

GGMU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reported for hate speech.

United to win the league again finally! They will make one or two big moves and win in a tight battle at the top. Need to get to 21, been on 20 far too long.

....and this is why I hope that MUFC polo got put to use....i know the other gift did lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coming on August 17 on Prime Video. Wish they had released it before the season started.

Upcoming Matches (US only)

Wednesday, July 25

3:00 pm ET

Marseille vs. Real Betis (friendly) ESPN3, Sling Orange

6:30 pm ET
Montpellier vs. Villarreal (friendly) ESPN3, Sling Orange

7:00 pm ET
Richmond vs. Espanyol (friendly) beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol, fuboTV, PlayStation Vue

7:05 pm ET
Juventus vs. Bayern Munich (ICC) ESPNU, ESPN3, Sling Orange, PlayStation Vue

8:05 pm ET
Dortmund vs. Benfica (ICC) ESPN3, Sling Orange
Manchester City vs. Liverpool (ICC) ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, Sling Orange, PlayStation Vue

10:05 pm ET
Roma vs. Spurs (ICC) ESPN2, ESPN3, Sling Orange, PlayStation Vue

11:05 pm ET

AC Milan vs. Manchester United (ICC) ESPN, ESPN Deportes, Sling Orange, PlayStation Vue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back