2018-2019 NBA season thread

LOL the Ref's wait until 0.9 seconds left to make a CORRECT call.

With these two injuries the Pelican's win. AD's trade stock just went up! Hmmm, how many number 2 players will be getting number 1 salaries in free agency now?

I’d also bet Durant (if he opts our) and Klay will still get max salary offers as well. Even being hurt.

to be fair...Toronto had a lot to do with that. Nurse drew up a great defensive plan and his team executed it. There were Raptors inside Curry's G-string all the time and then on the rare occasions he broke free he was rushing because the Raptors were going to be there in a heartbeat. Curry was and likely will continue to be a phenomenal shooter...but even the best are subject to reality and the reality is Toronto was playing great d that was only enhanced by having to worry about fewer threats. Cousins, Looney, McKinney...I probably spend a bit less effort there than Curry...

Congrats to Nurse on a great plan, congrats to Leonard, Ibaka, Gasol, Lowry, Ven Vleet, etc on fantastic execution. the right team won and did it in likeable fashion. I wish the ratings had matched the story on both sides of the border.
I don't disagree, but he had a couple good looks in there, and that's the role of a superstar right?

All night downtown Vancouver was buzzing. From my social media news feed to cars honking down the Main Street. The country is celebrating with the Raptors.
As a fan of the warriors was hard to root against them they are champions. Seeing Thompson go down was sad hope he recovers quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t root for injuries. But one thing seems pretty certain, GS isn’t going to win the title next year either. And I’m okay with that.

I think their dynasty is over. Too bad LeBron broke it up, but that is why they play the games.

I’d also bet Durant (if he opts our) and Klay will still get max salary offers as well. Even being hurt.

Yes they will, but it will limit the teams giving that offer. Think of teams that are going for broke next season, the ones that feel they have a chance for a strong run next year, those GM's wont be fielding Klay or KD. Somebody like the Bucks, would be okay losing Middleton if they got Klay in his place. 76'ers lose butler, but scoop up Klay, not worth it now.

My wife stayed up to see who won, and with one minute left in the game, I swear she was up for another half hour. I get how it's all strategy at that point, but man does it ever make the end of a championship game tough to watch. They should have just ignored the foul on Leonard at the end of the game and let it run out.

Also, really weird to me that the team doesn't get a chance to celebrate with each other when time expires. Maybe it was the camera angle, but it seemed all like individual or two people celebrating and then immediately into hand shakes.

Yes they will, but it will limit the teams giving that offer. Think of teams that are going for broke next season, the ones that feel they have a chance for a strong run next year, those GM's wont be fielding Klay or KD. Somebody like the Bucks, would be okay losing Middleton if they got Klay in his place. 76'ers lose butler, but scoop up Klay, not worth it now.

Yeah. Guess it depends on if they had some destinations in place. Like if KD was set on NY, they’ll still take him. Also wonder if the Lakers don’t get Davis who their next target would be. Kawhi, Klay, KD..

I don't disagree, but he had a couple good looks in there, and that's the role of a superstar right?

no doubt, and GS needed him to make it, but I have seen so many games where a guy is being well defended and then when he gets that rare open look, it is almost like defensive hangover...it is in his head and it affects his rhythm and shot.

Funny thing is...check out expected FG% based on defense and actual...Klay Thompson was a beast.

I still think the correct team won from talent standpoint so well done Raptors and super glad it is a new team that had never won

Confirmed by Klay Thompson's agent: he tore his ACL. Just a horrible week for the Warriors.
Huge shame for him. He was lights out this series, him and cousins were causing the raps all kinds of problems. Something ridiculous like +60% 3pt. Incredible.

That's horrible news. Klay has long been one of my favorites. Gotta feel for him as he heads into free agency. I still hope Milwaukee makes a play for him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don’t. Raptors don’t need that kind of trouble in the east! Bucks would be fearsome.

I see it the other way. Klay was never in play, he was always re-signing with GS. Durant rumors have been GS, NY or NJ. It’s probably still that, or if anything the injuries may increase the odds of one of them ending up elsewhere because GS probably can’t afford to have two max salary guys on the books but not on the court for all and most of the season. GS really is screwed next year. They may not even make the playoffs (if they do give max contracts to two injured players can they really sign Cousins to the $ he will want?)

Anthony Davis traded to the Lakers. LeBron will be back in the Finals next year if that team stays healthy.

Anthony Davis traded to the Lakers. LeBron will be back in the Finals next year if that team stays healthy.

I actually like the trade for New Orleans though.

But, I agree.

I actually like the trade for New Orleans though.

But, I agree.

It's much worse for NOLA if Ingram has long term issues with his blood clots. But this is about as good as they could have done with Davis holding them hostage.

It's much worse for NOLA if Ingram has long term issues with his blood clots. But this is about as good as they could have done with Davis holding them hostage.

That’s very true, on both counts.

LeBron and AD....oh my

And now the Ball drama is someone else's problem

Kuzma, LBJ, Davis in the starting lineup. Maybe they add Kawhi Leonard? No idea who they plat at PG or what their bench looks like.

I actually like Ball and Ingram a lot, but you can’t have 2 number 2 picks not be game changing players. LA had to do the deal.

Last edited:
Pelicans with #1 and #4 overall picks...that's crazy

And lol at Ball feeling betrayed. Goodness

f627b990831dff0b54f5772e2b2dbbc9.jpg

I see it the other way. Klay was never in play, he was always re-signing with GS. Durant rumors have been GS, NY or NJ. It’s probably still that, or if anything the injuries may increase the odds of one of them ending up elsewhere because GS probably can’t afford to have two max salary guys on the books but not on the court for all and most of the season. GS really is screwed next year. They may not even make the playoffs (if they do give max contracts to two injured players can they really sign Cousins to the $ he will want?)

Cousins is gone, he was there for the ring and redemption he is not taking small dollars again. Many teams can use him, I guess its a matter of how much he wants or if he wants to take a smidge less for conference contender.

GS will still make the playoffs w/o KD and Klay (injured or on another team), what they do when they are there will be the true question of what players they have with Curry.

The AD trade is curious as I don't know the details, but with the LeBron and Davis salary on lakers books who can they even get to be the 3rd guy, Kuzma is 4th guy, and what bench guys can they even afford?

Pelicans I think will get the 4th pick from lakers and have Zion also at #1, with Ingram (will he be cleared to play?), will Ball be healthy for the beginning of the season. or are the pelicans just trying for AD for the 4th pick adding in another team for a 3 way deal keeping Ingram and shipping off Ball and Holiday and getting another young kid for the the future build.

GS will still make the playoffs w/o KD and Klay (injured or on another team), what they do when they are there will be the true question of what players they have with Curry
The west is tough. If they resign Klay they will have mid level exception and minimum salaries to offer people. If KD stays they’ll get a 9m injury exception (and it appeRs unlikely he will stay). Curry, Green and 1 or 2 mid level salary guys aren’t enough. I think they miss the playoffs next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back