2018-2019 NBA season thread

Do it in the summer. Kids all had a good year. I honestly think Brown has more game than Tatum. I know their stats are diffent by like .6. I just like Brown, more athletic and physical

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm watching the Sixers/Rockets game purely to see what Harden does next.

His team kind of sucks.

This is the first game in a long time I have seen the Sixers with moxie. They are playing so physical. It’s like a playoff atmosphere tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beal for Delon Wright ,valentunis and a round 1 pick rumours by tomorrow. Delon is a good player I will miss him if it happens. But Beal,Lowrey and the Klaw now that’s something special

I am generally pretty confident in my NBA knowledge. ...but man, there is a guy I missed on.

Jake Layman sure looked to me like a guy with no viable NBA skills for two years. His defense makes Harden's D look competent, his shot is great in practice, terrible in games, he is just...there. When Portland guaranteed his 3rd year there was a collective groan. It is one of the few times the commenters on Blazers Edge said things I found intelligent. As far as I can tell, he has ridden one garbage time explosion to a pro contract riding the bench. Other than that he belongs in the bricklayers union. They take out extra backboard insurance when he enters the game. His nickname on defense could be the human sieve.

Then this year Harkless was out and they were doing the old Sonic Ervin Johnson thing...roll out a guy to fill space until we can get our second unit out there. Except Layman didn't just fill space...he cut for alley-oops. He hit the occasional three. Sure, he got toasted on defense and looked lost...but not AS lost as previously.

Then he started doing things like consistently hitting a few threes, continuing his dunking, and generally looking like a borderline bottom of the rotation player for a non-playoff team. Then he had an explosive quarter. Then another. Then against the Pelicans he was the difference, blowing up for 20 in the 2nd quarter and me saying words I thought I would never say...the Blazers won a game because Jake Layman was on the team.

And over the last 10ish games he is averaging 15 and 7, playing almost average NBA defense...he is contributing.

It makes me pretty happy when someone comes out of nowhere to carve a career. He has been doing the work, cheering his team when he was bench guy, even after playing well to start the season and then being benched when Harkless returned...good teammate, and he has a place in the league. Is he a 15 minute a game guy on a championship team? unlikely...but he has shown he belongs in the NBA.

Well done Jake Layman

best part of this was when Kyrie called, LeBron was having dinner with Kevin Love lol

Did not hear that part. That’s funny.

This Iman Shumpert story is nuts. Not gonna post many details because its all NSFW but man it doesnt take much for life to show you how stupid you are

Surprised? I’m not....
6eb19f0dd22ab2dbac2a15d9c92d0c7e.jpg

What do people attribute it to? The "super teams"/lack of disparity?

Surprised? I’m not....
6eb19f0dd22ab2dbac2a15d9c92d0c7e.jpg

I am and Im not. Im surprised because I figured it was just me being a Cavs fan and just disinterested in watching a bad team play every night but a buddy of mine posted a commercial from the early 2000's and all the nba players that were in it.... damn those were the fun days to watch the league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbKwrGJrZuo

As someone who benefitted from the super teams for many years as a Cavs fan and now am the bottom of the barrel. I have to say it’s a number of things. Lack of parity. The nfl has parity every single year. Hell even baseball does. The nba does not. It’s their collective bargaining agreement that allows the super teams. It also allows the bottom of the barrel teams to float around. This leaves the fan bases to make decisions based on the guys that are playing on teams they don’t care about. Yes the league has always been a superstar league but I feel it’s hurt the product knowing I don’t have to tune it to watch the Cavs this year. Doesn’t mean I’m not an enormous fan as I always have been but why waste my time and money on it? I don’t know I think there’s a lot of factors.

for me it is more...if there is a game the Rockets are in, I don't watch. Cannot stand watching (I realize he is out currently) the dirty play of Chris Paul and the officiating of Harden. As a long time L*ker hater, unless they are playing a team I care about, nah, not watching that either. But check out the national schedule and who is on most often.

And certain teams that I watch have made a point in the last couple years of taking political stances and letting me know they don't want people like me as a fan so I oblige by not watching them. So whereas I used to watch several games a week, now it might be 2 or 3 at most. Still keep up on what is happening, just do it in different ways.

The "Superteam" thing to me is a cop-out. There have been those before (anybody remember the Showtime Lakers? Bulls with Jordan and Pippen who many people at the time would refer to as "1 and 1a" alongside guys who were capable of being all-stars in a different setting...the Celtics of the 60s...and I actually really enjoy the Warriors (other than Green, another dirty player), they are fun to watch. As are the Bucks and I would arguably say even the Thunder have a fun style to watch. The NBA as a whole right now is as watchable as it has been since the Bulls-Suns finals but the teams we are offered up (without league pass) are going to have a few people such as myself who are (or were) die hard fans that look at them and are like...nah, pass.

The style of play most teams have these days is boring and horrible to watch. The Warriors used to have an artistry to the way they moved and screened to create 3s. Most other teams don’t. IMO it just sucks to watch ISO type plays or see people pass up layups to kick out for 3s.

I haven’t watched a single game this year. Not even a Cavs game. Not much interest in the NBA now for me. I never really have had, outside of the 80’s and 90’s as a kid. When LeBron was drafted I started watching Cavs again, then he left and they sucked so I stopped watching until he came back. He’s gone and they stink again.

Now the Browns, I’ve been loyally watching them suck for the past 20 years, so this year was better than most.

So Anthony Davis has no interest in signing an extension with the Pelicans and wants to be traded...this will be REAL interesting

Man... I think the AD sweepstakes will be fun. Celtics cannot trade for him unless they trade Kyrie...

Harden with his EIGHTH 40+ point game last night in the month of January.

Dude is a freak.

Is he a team player though, or is he just padding his statistics/ball-hogging? I don't watch enough of him but when I have watched him he seems like a complete ball-hog.

Is he a team player though, or is he just padding his statistics/ball-hogging? I don't watch enough of him but when I have watched him he seems like a complete ball-hog.

I don't think I would enjoy having him on my team since I would just be standing around watching him dribble. I think he had a NBA record of 163 points scored unassisted, which depending on how you look at it, is either amazing or a horrible stat.

Man... I think the AD sweepstakes will be fun. Celtics cannot trade for him unless they trade Kyrie...

supposedly now he is asking for the Lakers to make a push for him

Back