2018-2019 NBA season thread

Lakers vs Portland. I forgot what it was like to be the team that gets the calls.

Lakers vs Portland. I forgot what it was like to be the team that gets the calls.

'get used to it this year. Welcome back to being the most hated team in the league. (for some of us you never really left that status :) )

Cavs 0-3 hello #1 overall pick again

2018-2019 NBA season thread

It’s only been 3 games and I completely forgot the Warriors have DeMarcus Cousins in waiting.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Raptors playing so well with and without Leonard.

I realize they opened with three tough teams but damn...the Lakers can shoot at all. This may be the first year LBJ misses the playoffs.

Yep. Probably going from making the finals to one of the worst records in the league.

which kind of leads to the question...is there any year James has not won the MVP the voters got it right?

I realize they opened with three tough teams but damn...the Lakers can shoot at all. This may be the first year LBJ misses the playoffs.

They didn’t make it his rookie year, but did win 18 more games than the previous year. Would be weird not seeing him in the playoffs, heck, even not seeing him in the finals will be different.

which kind of leads to the question...is there any year James has not won the MVP the voters got it right?

I think he should have at least one more. Of course I’m biased.

Cavs outscore 38-17 in the 3rd.

Hello 0-4

My 86 yr old father proclaimed the Cavs as the worst team in the league right now.....he wonders how much “coaching” Ty Lue actually did over the last few years and said he thinks he is in over his head.
I agree dad

Love is shooting a team worst 32% from the field (and also 29% from 3)...that's not good

Bad, so bad.

I didn't expect the Cavs to be good.
I did expect them to be a professional team that was competitive.

Good thing CBB starts about 2 weeks.

I didn't expect the Cavs to be good.
I did expect them to be a professional team that was competitive.

Good thing CBB starts about 2 weeks.

and getting beat by almost 15 points per game on average is embaressing

They didn’t make it his rookie year, but did win 18 more games than the previous year. Would be weird not seeing him in the playoffs, heck, even not seeing him in the finals will be different.

I think he should have at least one more. Of course I’m biased.

I am only biased in that I enjoy watching great basketball players play. I enjoy watching Durant and Curry, watching Russell destroy everything in his path en route to triple doubles, and I also enjoy watching someone skilled in a specific element of their game play in that element...Dwight Howard in his hey-day on defense, for example.

And While I truly love fast-break Warrior Durant's game...from a pure "who is more valuable to their team than any other player in the league", it mystifies me any time the name is anything other than James. Last years Rockets without either Paul or Harden are still a playoff team and quite possibly still a home court advantage. Last years Warriors team could lose any one, and possibly any two of the Durant/Curry/Thompson/Green set and be a home court team. Take Russell of the Thunder or Durant off the Cavs, they are not home court headed...they are not playoff headed...they are lottery bound with a lot of balls (under last years rules). They are the clear and obvious choices and even with Westbrook's statistical dominance...a lot of that came at the expense of his team members.

James, he makes the correct basketball play, he elevates the play of his teammates and he is just really smurfing good at the game. I think the "at least one more" is underselling it. Year after year he provides more value to his team than anyone else. I personally believe part of the evidence is how far he takes teams that don't belong going that far. Who else is doing that?

Some people would argue the Thunder did not get far enough with the level of talent they had even after the Roberson injury. Paul George, Steven Adams, the ghost of Carmelo Anthony and you scrape into the playoffs? Give James that crew and they are home court advantage and giving the Warriors fits. I just believe voter fatigue has stolen MVP trophies from James and, back in the day, Jordan through the years.

Not that I am crying for them. As I alluded above to Frank, the L*kers could go 0-82 for the next ten years and my hope for the 11th year would be it would start another decade of winlessness. But to deny the greatness of James is to not understand the game of basketball. He has long been the most dominant force in the league.

Hahahah rockets offered 4 first rounders for jimmy butler

0-5 for the cavs.
Cedi not shooting ball well.

Clarkson needs more minutes he is a scoring machine

If JR wouldn’t have played we might have won.....0-7 in 21 minutes woof

Down goes Lue. Can’t believe he held this job without his buddy there, but he needed to go.

There seam to be a lot of Cav's fans sticking up for the guy around here. They don't realize that Lue was the beneficiary of Lebron being here and not the victim of him leaving.

Lol won't matter who coach is for next few years its a bad team

Down goes Lue. Can’t believe he held this job without his buddy there, but he needed to go.

Lol won't matter who coach is for next few years its a bad team

I think he still had 3 years left on a 35 million dollar deal. I agree, I wouldn’t have fired him so quickly, any coach can get last place with this team, no use paying 2 this year.

Back