2018-2019 College Basketball Season

So apparently the SEC didn't look at the refs very closely for the UT LSU game lol. What a joke.

2018-2019 College Basketball Season

So apparently the SEC didn't look at the refs very closely for the UT LSU game lol. What a joke.

You aren’t going to get a whole lot of sympathy from a “The Refs screwed us” argument from anyone in Louisiana... Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Honest mistake.

Honest mistake.

How about don’t have 14 TOs & blow 2 separate 9 point 2nd Half leads...

Block.

Tennessee twitter is entertaining today.

Block.

Tennessee twitter is entertaining today.

What are you talking about? Not everyone is a twit user

Rock
Go Big Orange

What are you talking about? Not everyone is a twit user

Rock
Go Big Orange

The elbow on Williams that was called a blocking foul

Again the Vols led by 9 with 6:33 left in the game...
Don’t blow the lead and we aren’t talking about this..

Again the Vols led by 9 with 6:33 left in the game...
Don’t blow the lead and we aren’t talking about this..

Yes I am bias because I am a Vol fan but do you really not think that the refs impacted that lead? Any time they went on a run to take the lead the refs would change that.

Yes I am bias because I am a Vol fan but do you really not think that the refs impacted that lead? Any time they went on a run to take the lead the refs would change that.

The home team got some calls, is that any different than any other night in the SEC? Not really.

I’m a LSU & Saints fan, you aren’t going to get a whole lot of sympathy from the whole “the refs screwed us” thing.

Without Waters, the Vols should have run us out of the building. I live in Nashville and was told by Vol friends of mine that they were very scared of this game.

We needed the game more to get a 3 seed than y’all did. The Vols will be a 2 seed in the NCAA , and Kentucky probably gets a 1 seed if they sweep y’all.

16 K-State at 15 Kansas -- the Jayhawks lowing ranking in a long time with the Big 12 streak on the line? Good luck, Weber.

Note Dame at 18 Florida State -- Tucker Center will be unlively tonight.

The home team got some calls, is that any different than any other night in the SEC? Not really.

I’m a LSU & Saints fan, you aren’t going to get a whole lot of sympathy from the whole “the refs screwed us” thing.

Without Waters, the Vols should have run us out of the building. I live in Nashville and was told by Vol friends of mine that they were very scared of this game.

We needed the game more to get a 3 seed than y’all did. The Vols will be a 2 seed in the NCAA , and Kentucky probably gets a 1 seed if they sweep y’all.

Very true. I will say that the SEC looks horrible with how some of these games have gone. All I care about is March. If we shoot the way we have the last few games we won't beat UK.

Thanks c0ncept. Refs reviewed that, and though we VOL fans and the announcers saw it as a flagrant 1, it was called a common foul. That's not what beat us. It was the lack of killer instinct. This team has never had that ability to put their foot on the neck and leave it there, get a lead and keep building it.

Yes, it was a poorly officiated game, but the refs didn't cause the loss. The VOLS lost a lead. And they didn't contain Smart, who ran amok for 29 points.

Go Big Orange

Rock
Go Big Orange

Kansas is going to backdoor its way into extending the regular season title streak. There is a scenario that could end with a 5-way tie in the Big 12, too.

Notre Dame pushed FSU more than I expected, but could not find the basket late. Tough year for Brey with Pflueger going down early. The Seminoles probably have the inside lane to the 4th double-bye now for the ACC Tournament. Next up is NC State on Saturday, who amazingly is also still alive for the 4th seed in the league (though it would require Wake Forest beating FSU at home and Miami winning at Virginia Tech; i.e. not gonna happen).

Tonight:
(3) Duke at (20) Virginia Tech -- no Zion Williamson, no Justin Robinson.
Syracuse at (5) North Carolina -- I have no idea which Syracuse team will show up. Probably the one that gets blown out on the road.
(19) Wisconsin at Indiana -- IU is a 2-pt home dog.
(22) Iowa at Ohio State -- Buckeyes are 2-pt favorites.
San Diego State (10-4) at Utah State (12-3) -- for 2nd in the Mountain West.
Alabama at South Carolina -- Gamecocks (9-5) are 2 games up on Bama (7-7) in the SEC, but sitting on the wrong side of Lunardi's bubble.
Temple at Memphis

We're going to see that conference records really do not matter anymore when Oklahoma, which could realistically finish 6-12 in conference, gets in this year.

Kentucky with possible their worst half of the year (next to the 2nd half vs. LSU) against Arkansas. Down 11 at the half. Have looked very bad.

Last edited:
Kentucky with possible their worst half of the year (next to the 2nd half vs. LSU) against Arkansas. Down 11 at the half. Have looked very bad.

LSU up 16 at the half v. A&M... This is making for an interesting stretch run.

LSU up 16 at the half v. A&M... This is making for an interesting stretch run.

I'd say its your's (LSU's) to lose. Only possible loss could be Florida, but I think the earlier loss will motivate LSU to make a statement. Plus they own any tie-breakers with UK/UT.

If UK somehow comes back tonight, they lose to Tennessee Saturday more than likely. Finish @Ole Miss, home against Florida.

It is good to see some excitement. As long as UK can get that 1/2 seed in Louisville i'm happy. I'd rather be the 2 in Louisville, then a 1 elsewhere.

I'd say its your's (LSU's) to lose. Only possible loss could be Florida, but I think the earlier loss will motivate LSU to make a statement. Plus they own any tie-breakers with UK/UT.

If UK somehow comes back tonight, they lose to Tennessee Saturday more than likely. Finish @Ole Miss, home against Florida.

It is good to see some excitement. As long as UK can get that 1/2 seed in Louisville i'm happy. I'd rather be the 2 in Louisville, then a 1 elsewhere.

UK survives a scare... I wonder if winning out gets us (LSU) a 3 seed?

UK survives a scare... I wonder if winning out gets us (LSU) a 3 seed?

Yes they did. And LSU should be a 3 now at worst IMO.

Yes they did. And LSU should be a 3 now at worst IMO.

The Bracketology Guy has LSU as a 4 right now but the arrow going up... He had a cut in interview during the LSU/A&M game...

Duke should just not make the trip to Blacksburg if it falls on Feb 26th. Three straight Ls on 2/26 now for the Blue Devils in Cassell Coliseum.

Ohio State embarrassed Iowa. Wisconsin fell in 2OT at Indiana.

Carolina went 34-37 from the foul line in an 8-pt, 93-85, home win over Syracuse.

Wake Forest (!) stormed back from a 10-pt deficit with 2:00 to go to beat Miami.

Duke should just not make the trip to Blacksburg if it falls on Feb 26th. Three straight Ls on 2/26 now for the Blue Devils in Cassell Coliseum.

Ohio State embarrassed Iowa. Wisconsin fell in 2OT at Indiana.

Carolina went 34-37 from the foul line in an 8-pt, 93-85, home win over Syracuse.

Wake Forest (!) stormed back from a 10-pt deficit with 2:00 to go to beat Miami.

Duke looked lost again last night.
37 free throws really stands out!!!

The Bracketology Guy has LSU as a 4 right now but the arrow going up... He had a cut in interview during the LSU/A&M game...

Yea they did the same in the UK game. Lunardi is pretty good about picking the right teams, but his seeds are off sometimes. There is still work to do, but I personally think LSU should be considered for a possible 2 seed and they are a lock at a 3 right now. The only negative is their non conference wins. They lost to the good teams they played early on. JMO!!!

Back