2018-2019 College Basketball Season

@JDax, Jerry Palm of CBS Sports has LSU playing in Tulsa as #2 seed for the West bracket. If accurate, then LSU could face Big Ten teams in the 2nd and 3rd round.

That is more like it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post-season play begins tonight with the Atlantic Sun quarterfinals at on-campus sites.

Totally agree. Vols pretty much handled us. Not a horrible loss tho in terms of seeding. I’d much rather be the 2 in Louisville then the 1 in the Midwest. I doubt they have any chance at the 1 in Louisville.

I think the Cats came in a bit overconfident and the VOLS were out to make up for the embarrassment in Lexington. Not a real indicator of how good the Cats really are, anymore than the beat down in Lexington was an indicator for UT.

NET now has he Vols as a 1 seed and he Cats as a 2. My hope is we don't end up in the same region, but the probable scenario is for the two to be 1 and 2 in Louisville. That would be a fourth matchup, third will be in the SEC final.

Rock
Go Big Orange

I think the Cats came in a bit overconfident and the VOLS were out to make up for the embarrassment in Lexington. Not a real indicator of how good the Cats really are, anymore than the beat down in Lexington was an indicator for UT.

NET now has he Vols as a 1 seed and he Cats as a 2. My hope is we don't end up in the same region, but the probable scenario is for the two to be 1 and 2 in Louisville. That would be a fourth matchup, third will be in the SEC final.

Rock
Go Big Orange

There is almost no way that the top 2 SEC teams would be the top 2 seeds in one region. I would put big money on both the Washington DC and Louisville brackets having their top 2 seeds be one team each from the SEC and ACC. Seeing some projections of Duke as the 1 and UK as the 2 in the Louisville region scares the crap out of me, it's a virtual road game for any team playing UK in that state.

NET now has he Vols as a 1 seed and he Cats as a 2. My hope is we don't end up in the same region, but the probable scenario is for the two to be 1 and 2 in Louisville.

There is almost no way that the top 2 SEC teams would be the top 2 seeds in one region.

I have to agree with ary on this. I have heard several times that UK & UT are fighting for the spot in Louisville. If UT happens to get the 1 in the South, UK goes elsewhere no matter seeding.

It really all depends whether UT ends up with a 1 seed higher than Duke/Virginia IMO. Right now Lunardi still has UK the 1 in the Midwest and UT as the 2 in the South. I honestly would rather UK & UT swap.

Plus UK could lose tomorrow night, Saturday and again in the SEC Tourney and then it really wouldn't matter. They'd be a 4 out west. LOL!!!!

Went to the Purdue at Minnesota game tonight. Purdue had a chance to lock up another Big 10 title. Questionable call at the end of the game but sh!t happens. Good win for the Gophers. Gene Keady traveled with the team. We sat near him and I hoped to get a picture with him but he exited quickly with the team.

a5d3aa74b991315d8a8d88970382f7a4.jpg

Went to the Purdue at Minnesota game tonight. Purdue had a chance to lock up another Big 10 title. Questionable call at the end of the game but sh!t happens. Good win for the Gophers. Gene Keady traveled with the team. We sat near him and I hoped to get a picture with him but he exited quickly with the team.

a5d3aa74b991315d8a8d88970382f7a4.jpg
It was a tough break - I blame BTN. Did the ball go off the Minnesota guy's leg? Very likely since the ball changed directions. Could you definitively see it from BTN's three total cameras in the arena? Nope. I think the refs had to keep the call on the floor.

Oh well, would have been sweet to win it by ourselves, but take care of business on Saturday and can still celebrate an unlikely 24th title.

Did they just have the mikes closer to the Purdue bench or were there quite a few Boilers in attendance? Sounded like quite a bit of cheering after every Boiler basket.

It was a tough break - I blame BTN. Did the ball go off the Minnesota guy's leg? Very likely since the ball changed directions. Could you definitively see it from BTN's three total cameras in the arena? Nope. I think the refs had to keep the call on the floor.

Oh well, would have been sweet to win it by ourselves, but take care of business on Saturday and can still celebrate an unlikely 24th title.

Did they just have the mikes closer to the Purdue bench or were there quite a few Boilers in attendance? Sounded like quite a bit of cheering after every Boiler basket.

BTN had a mic and camera guy around Purdue during timeouts. The mic boom went right under Painter and in to the huddle. I should have had been running BTN2Go on my phone because listening to Painter is interesting.

The Barn is a good place to see a game but it doesn't compare to Mackey in terms of energy. That said; the crowd was pretty lively and that dang elevated floor has to be a challenge for visiting teams. Plenty of Boilers throughout the arena but not a huge contingent.

I talked to Greg Eifert after the game. He mentioned BTN/Crispin saying the ball went off MN. Greg said they clinched a Big 10 title at Minnesota in 1984. Too bad Grady can't make the same statement. I asked Greg about son #3 going to Purdue or IU for football, per Dakich during a recent game. He said Dakich is making stuff up. However, he hopes #3 is wearing Gold and Black in two years. Greg played against former Gopher Jim Petersen in the early 80's. I shared a quick story about golfing with Jim last summer. Jim is a good golfer especially for a guy who's 6'10". Jim also said Purdue was the toughest place to play. IU was a close second.

Duke rallied from a 10-pt 2nd half deficit in Cameron to Wake Forest (kenpom #170!) to win by 1. They are a shell of themselves without Williamson, but there is no excuse for that kind of performance at home against a team like Wake. I can't believe how poorly they shoot the ball from the outside. If Williamson doesn't come back, they could feasibly lose in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

Kansas's run at the top of the Big XII is now over, after getting thumped at Oklahoma. Texas Tech and Kansas State are tied at 13-4 with 1 game left.

Last edited:
Duke rallied from a 10-pt 2nd half deficit in Cameron to Wake Forest (kenpom #170!) to win by 1. They are a shell of themselves without Williamson, but there is no excuse for that kind of performance at home against a team like Wake. I can't believe how poorly they shoot the ball from the outside. If Williamson doesn't come back, they could feasibly lose in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

Kansas's run at the top of the Big XII is now over, after getting thumped at Oklahoma. Texas Tech and Kansas State are tied at 13-4 with 1 game left.

Unfortunately I think you are correct, they looked terrible last night. It was nice to see White drop a couple more 3's as that will give him some confidence.
They need to move the ball more, Jones is a good ball handler and defender, but doesn't contribute enough offensively to account for much.

Upset brewing? Florida leads (10) LSU by 3 with 7:00 to go.

Upset brewing? Florida leads (10) LSU by 3 with 7:00 to go.

Nope...
LSU wins in OT...
LSU has won all the road games they can. We are near or at the top of Q1 wins and win %...
We hear every year how much these records count...

You could make a case for LSU as no worse than a 2 seed, but they are at least a 3 seed no matter what happens in the SEC tournament...

JMO, I know he’s a decent coach but LSU should move on now why they have good talent and could get another good coach to come in. This isn’t his first incident since the scandal broke. I firmly believe where there’s smoke there’s fire. I’m just waiting for the day Calipari is in the fire again.

Nope...
LSU wins in OT...
LSU has won all the road games they can. We are near or at the top of Q1 wins and win %...
We hear every year how much these records count...

You could make a case for LSU as no worse than a 2 seed, but they are at least a 3 seed no matter what happens in the SEC tournament...

I would say they are at best a 3 seed, but I would think a 4 better fits them. Yes they have some really good wins, but also 3 bad losses in teams 51-150 rankings. I think if they where to win the SEC tourney then yes move them up to 3 line.

Change your colors to light blue, and nothing will ever happen.

UNC was proven to handing out degrees for decades like tic tacs, and nothing ever happened...

He’s going to coach the tournament... and probably be our coach next year.

It seems like Miller at Arizona is the predicate. If he gets fired then that might put pressure on the LSU admin. Then again, UNC players got "A" grades for classes that didn't exist so I doubt the toothless NCAA will touch this topic.

JMO, I know he’s a decent coach but LSU should move on now why they have good talent and could get another good coach to come in. This isn’t his first incident since the scandal broke. I firmly believe where there’s smoke there’s fire. I’m just waiting for the day Calipari is in the fire again.

If we keep Will Wade it will be...
Like Auburn playing Cam Newton after his dad sought $180K?
Or A&M playing Manziel after the autograph video?
or like UK hiring Calipari after vacating Final Fours at two different schools?

A few more things:

1) I don't doubt for one second LSU is paying players.
2) I doubt I will meet a single LSU fan who cares.
3) Every program pays its players.
4) I don't care about that, either.
5) It's called a bagman, Will Wade. That's just lazy.

I hope he plays the Us against the World card, and they make a Final Four run.

Hey Duke is playing Zion even tho his name was brought up as well. But it was dropped quickly.

The NCAA is the most corrupt of them all. If they like you just sweep it under the rug. If not, they nail you!!

I’m tired of all the cheating talk. Either pay the kids or get rid of the cheaters no matter who they are.

Back