2018-2019 College Basketball Season

Probable NCAA elimination game at Noon ET in the ACC 8/9 game:

NC State vs Clemson

This is a NET Quad 1 game for both, with State 32nd and Clemson 36th today. Clemson blew a 6 pt lead in the last :20 in the only meeting this year. I guess it's possible both could get in regardless of what happens today, given the state of other bubble teams, but it seems like a good idea to win this one and have a shot at Virginia tomorrow.

The Big East Tournament follows that one in Charlotte:

Virginia Tech vs Miami
Louisville vs Notre Dame
Syracuse vs Pittsburgh

Last edited:
St. Mary's knocks off #1 Gonzaga to win the WCC. Bid stealer.

That's a team in St Mary's, that LSU beat on a neutral floor in December, that just demolished Gonzaga...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(8) NC State 59
(9) Clemson 58
FINAL

Clemson led 36-18 in the first half, 42-26 at the half, and scored 7 points in the last 15 mins of the game.

Last edited:
Love this time of year. Warming up, lots of hoops and soon they will driving up Magnolia Drive and that music will start.

Paul Sabin ESPN Analytics

Blind Resumes:
Team A: 4-3 against Quad1, 26-0 otherwise.
Team B: 2-6 against Quad1, 24-0 otherwise.
Both lost in conference tournament final.

Team A is Gonzaga who may get a No. 1 seed and Team B is UNC Greensboro who may get left out.
ESPN's Strength of Record (SOR) has the two ranked 8th and 31st respectively.

ACC Quarterfinal Thursday should be fantastic.

1 Virginia vs 8 NC State
4 Florida State vs 5 Virginia Tech
2 North Carolina vs 7 Louisville
3 Duke vs 6 Syracuse

State outscored UVA by 14 in the last 12 mins to force OT, ultimately losing by 1 when Markell Johnson hit only 2 of 3 FTs to tie it at the end of OT.

FSU just beat VT last week at home to clinch the double-bye. Still no Justin Robinson for the Hokies.

Louisville and Syracuse both won road games against their opponent this year.

Will Wade has told AD Alleva that he wants to resume his head coaching duties:

#FreeWillWade

So his lawyer told him not to talk. He wants to coach. That comes across as he knows he won’t be coaching again after all of this.

Zion Williamson will return for Duke tonight in Charlotte vs Syracuse.

Zion Williamson will return for Duke tonight in Charlotte vs Syracuse.

Nice to see Zion and Reid Travis (UK) both coming back after suffering the same injury.

Both are very important to their teams!!!

11 minutes into the game, Zion is outscoring Syracuse. I'd say his knee is feeling fine.

Duke is an entirely different team with Williamson on the floor.

Rock
Go Big Orange

Top 4 seeds advanced in Charlotte. This is the first time in the 66-year history that there are 3 top 5 teams in the ACC semis, and the 'worst' team left is still in the top 12:

(2) Virginia vs (12) Florida State
(3) North Carolina vs (5) Duke

North Carolina will go for its first 3-game sweep of Duke since 1976.

West Virginia upset 1-seed Texas Tech in the Big XII; will face Kansas in the semis.

Ohio State knocked off Indiana in the Big Ten 8/9 game; may have knocked the Hoosiers out of the at-large picture. 13-seed Nebraska sent 5-seed Maryland home, too.

Bubble teams exhaled after Nevada finished off Boise State; the Wolf Pack trailed by 15 in the first half.

SEC Quarterfinals look good today: Florida/LSU, Auburn/South Carolina, Alabama/Kentucky, Mississippi State/Tennessee. Favorites LSU, Auburn, and Kentucky all lost to their opponent in the regular season.

Duke is an entirely different team with Williamson on the floor.

Rock
Go Big Orange

They looked like the team that beat Kentucky at times in the first half, but reverted to the defense of the Zion-less team to let Syracuse back in it. The weakness on the perimeter was glaring last night, still. Somebody needs to hit open shots for them.

They looked like the team that beat Kentucky at times in the first half, but reverted to the defense of the Zion-less team to let Syracuse back in it. The weakness on the perimeter was glaring last night, still. Somebody needs to hit open shots for them.

True on all points, however I don't think North Carolina can beat them 3 times in one year. Duke will be on top of their game tonight. I just need to find enough energy tonight to stay up and watch the whole game. :alien:

Listen to the crowd as he dunks. Those kinds of sound at an ACC Tournament are usually only heard from a pro-Carolina crowd after they've gobbled up tickets from the previous rounds' losers' fan bases.

(He walked on the first breakaway.)

Dan Bonner is a national treasure. The ACC Network better involve him somehow next year.

Javonte Smart is active for LSU today.

Bubble shrinking...8-seed Rhode Island knocked off 1-seed VCU in the A10 quarters. Bid stealer coming from the A10 now.

Horrible 6 point possession , with a made 3 (when it shouldn’t have counted) a technical foul on top of it, cost LSU the game.

They really wanted Florida in the NCAA Tournament...

Horrible 6 point possession , with a made 3 (when it shouldn’t have counted) a technical foul on top of it, cost LSU the game.

They really wanted Florida in the NCAA Tournament...

Even with that win I don't see how Florida can get in tourney. 65th in RPI and 2-11 vs the top 50. That would be pretty bad if they get in.

Even with that win I don't see how Florida can get in tourney. 65th in RPI and 2-11 vs the top 50. That would be pretty bad if they get in.

Florida was only whistled for 10 fouls the whole game to LSU’s 24... Lol

Florida is 32nd in the NET. That's how they're getting in. The RPI is, and always has been, a joke of a performance metric.

LSU was up 13 with 16:51 to go. The 6-pt possession was poorly handled -- the whistle on the Reid foul was late, much closer to the shot release than the foul. But, 2 of the 6 are solely on LSU, with an absolutely stupid technical foul picked up by Benford. He knows better than to draw a T in that game situation.

Florida was only whistled for 10 fouls the whole game to LSU’s 24... Lol

Pretty lopsided.

Back