2018-2019 College Basketball Season

I don't watch a ton of basketball, but Auburn's Jared Harper is a ton of fun to watch. If you haven't seen him play you are missing out.

Exam period lull is about over.

Game of the Day: #14 Buffalo is on the road at Syracuse, who just lost in the Carrier Dome to Old Dominion over the weekend. Syracuse is a 3.5-pt favorite.

Buffalo Bulls up to #15 and still undefeated.
Buffalo finished off that game tonight like a top 15 team should against an unranked opponent. Looked a little shaky early, but showed some grit late. Good W in the dome.

Two good ones in the Kermit Davis Challenge coming tomorrow.

#7 Auburn at NC State. Gonna be a tough one for the good guys; they need to validate the good play against a weak schedule so far.

#5 Virginia at South Carolina.

"You want to try to coach against the very best coaches in the country. We've got 'em here. Play against the very best players in the best facilities. And I know we can argue with different leagues, but I don't think there's any question in anybody's mind that the SEC is the best basketball league this season. That's exactly where we all want to be on that stage."
--Kermit Davis, in October

Last edited:
#7 Auburn 71
NC State 78

#5 Virginia 69
South Carolina 52

Georgia Tech 69
Arkansas 65

ACC improves to 9-3 vs the SEC this year.

Kevin Keatts improves to 4-1 vs Top 10 teams in 1+ seasons in Raleigh.

Last edited:
Game of the Day is at Madison Square Garden tonight (7 pm ET):

12) Texas Tech
2) Duke

12) Texas Tech
2) Duke

Yes this should be a really good game and a good test for Duke.

Yes this should be a really good game and a good test for Duke.

Duke Offense: 93.6 PPG (5th in NCAA), 120.7 AdjO at kenpom (2nd)
Texas Tech Defense: 51.2 PPG allowed (1st in NCAA), 87.2 AdjD (1st)

Something's gotta give here.

Conversely:

Duke Defense: 64.3 PPG allowed (t46th in NCAA), 89.3 AdjD at kenpom (5th)
Texas Tech Offense: 77.5 PPG (106th in NCAA), 110.3 AdjO (47th)

Last edited:
Duke Offense: 93.6 PPG (5th in NCAA), 120.7 AdjO at kenpom (2nd)
Texas Tech Defense: 51.2 PPG allowed (1st in NCAA), 87.2 AdjD (1st)

Something's gotta give here.

Conversely:

Duke Defense: 64.3 PPG allowed (t46th in NCAA), 89.3 AdjD at kenpom (5th)
Texas Tech Offense: 77.5 PPG (106th in NCAA), 110.3 AdjO (47th)

I would give the edge to Duke for 2 reasons,
1st- It's in MSG lots of Duke fans in that area
2nd- It will probably get above 80 points and that favors Duke. Looks for them to make lots of 3 pointers tonight.

12) Texas Tech
2) Duke

My 16yo son and I will be in attendance. We are not Dukies but totally intrigued by Zion. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would give the edge to Duke for 2 reasons,
1st- It's in MSG lots of Duke fans in that area
2nd- It will probably get above 80 points and that favors Duke. Looks for them to make lots of 3 pointers tonight.

I think you're right about 80 pts, but I'm not sure about that last part. Texas Tech is 3rd in 3P% defense, allowing only 25% shooting, and Duke is fairly average at 33.7% (184th).

I think you're right about 80 pts, but I'm not sure about that last part. Texas Tech is 3rd in 3P% defense, allowing only 25% shooting, and Duke is fairly average at 33.7% (184th).

That is a good point, but Duke just has this thing about MSG, they just always play well there. It will be a great game for sure.

That is a good point, but Duke just has this thing about MSG, they just always play well there. It will be a great game for sure.

So long as it's not against St. John's. They have laid some eggs against them in the past at MSG.

Duke is actually playing some defense tonight. @BriMac is it really loud when Zion throws down a big dunk!!!!!!

Texas Tech is controlling the tempo really well. Duke can't buy a three and has some foul trouble, with Williamson with 3 and Reddish with 2. It will be tough to get this into the 80s.

My 16yo son and I will be in attendance. We are not Dukies but totally intrigued by Zion. Looking forward to it.

Have fun! A friend and her dad are in 224 or 225.

If they would take the lid of the basket duke would be up 10, they can't get a basket other than a dunk or free throw.

Basket has been opened!!!!!

Great game!!!! Keep making the FT's

Bad call, defenders feet where still moving.

Wow, a weak call to bounce Zion.

All of the ticky tack calls really are why I watch so little basketball.

Wow, a weak call to bounce Zion.

All of the ticky tack calls really are why I watch so little basketball.

I thought it was a no-call..there's a little contact in this game and it looked a little floppy too.

Duke is actually playing some defense tonight. @BriMac is it really loud when Zion throws down a big dunk!!!!!!

Electric when he even steps on the court.

Make these free throws!!!!!1

Back