2018-2019 College Basketball Season

Duke had no flow early and let Wake hang around. Then, just like the Clemson game, they blitzed them coming out of the halftime locker room.

Javin DeLaurier was 3-3 from the floor, giving him 20 straight FGs made to tie Alaa Abdelnaby for the conference record.

Jack White was scoreless, but was a monster near the rim, racking up 5 blocks and grabbing 8 rebounds. He is quietly having an outstanding season as the 5th wheel.

Last edited:
State dug a big hole early, but fought back to tie it a few times. A Gottfried team would've folded and lost by 20+. Love the grit and resilience Keatts has instilled.

The FT disparity was huge, especially missing the front-end of all 3 1-and-1s in the second half. Those hurt big time.

State had 5 or 6 shots throughout the game that would've given them the lead, but missed them all. The dadgum roof would've blown the building had one fallen, given the start of the game. The crowd was fantastic all night. They need to bring that for every conference game.

Where was Braxton Beverly in the second half? He needed more shots.

Still a few pieces away, but Keatts has them on the right track.

Last edited:
State dug a big hole early, but fought back to tie it a few times. A Gottfried team would've folded and lost by 20+. Love the grit and resilience Keatts has instilled.

The FT disparity was huge, especially missing the front-end of all 3 1-and-1s in the second half. Those hurt big time.

State had 5 or 6 shots throughout the game that would've given them the lead, but missed them all. The dadgum roof would've blown the building had one fallen, given the start of the game. The crowd was fantastic all night. They need to bring that for every conference game.

Where was Braxton Beverly in the second half? He needed more shots.

Still a few pieces away, but Keatts has them on the right track.

Going to make for a good ACC race this year with all the great teams in that conference.

Last night, (4) Virginia whipped Boston College on the road, as expected. The Cavs are a well-oiled machine right now.

(7) Kansas got back in the win column, topping (25) TCU at home.

(9) Virginia Tech snuck by Georgia Tech last night in Atlanta. A competent team would've hammered the Hokies last night. VT shot 29.8% from the floor. GT missed so many open threes and layups, then finished it off by throwing the ball out of bounds with a chance to win in the last :10.

(13) Florida State tried to let an undermanned Miami team steal one in Tallahassee. The crowd at the Tucker Center was pathetic, especially being a game with Miami. It will not be the same on Saturday when (1) Duke rolls into town. I have seen it first hand -- that place can get loud when the big names show up, but crowds are sparse and tame otherwise. It's unfortunate.

Carnage down the rankings: (11) Auburn falls by 15 at Ole Miss, (16) Ohio State lost by 3 at Rutgers (?!?), and (17) Houston fell from the unbeatens, losing by 4 at Temple. I think I saw that this is the 11th straight year that Temple has knocked off a ranked opponent. Michigan and Virginia are the last unbeaten teams left.

Looks like UCLA's coaching change has sparked a revival. The Bruins trailed by 9 with a minute left at Oregon last night, and were down 17 with 7 mins left. They forced overtime after an intentional FT miss, and could've won it in regulation after an Oregon foul on that putback to tie, and then won in OT.

The Bruins are tied with Arizona atop the pathetic Pac-12 at 3-0 right now.

Under-the-radar game tonight in the Big 10: (22) Indiana at Maryland. The Terps are 4-1 in conference play, a 1/2 game ahead of Indiana (3-1) for 3rd place. Maryland is a 6.5-pt favorite.

I'm looking forward to the Duke FSU matchup tomorrow.

Some interesting games today:

1 Duke at 13 FSU
4 Virginia at Clemson
Ole Miss at 14 Mississippi State
3 Tennessee at Florida
5 Gonzaga at San Francisco, in what could be Gonzaga's toughest conference road game this year.

Unranked home teams are favored here:
16 Ohio State at Iowa
8 Texas Tech at Texas

First surprise of the day:

Louisville 83
(12) Evil Empire 62

In Chapel Hill. Worst home loss with Roy Williams as head coach.

Last edited:
First surprise of the day:

Louisville 83
(12) Evil Empire 62

In Chapel Hill.

I saw that UNC lost, but I hadn't seen the margin!

Duke is at FSU this afternoon so I will not be surprised if they lose today.

FSU ends the half on a 20-9 run to take a 1 pt lead at halftime, 39-38.

Carolina led for 1 minute today. Louisville tied it at 3-3 with 19:00 to go in the first half, and didn't look back.

Duke always struggles at FSU, but I expect them to win and win big. They will come out strong in second half.

Williamson has been on the bench since getting poked in the eye late in the 1st half.

Good thing Cam Reddish came to play today.

Duke is getting destroyed by offensive rebounds.

Good thing Cam Reddish came to play today.

Duke is getting destroyed by offensive rebounds.

Ya they are being dominated right now. Williamson needs to get back in the game.

I'm not paying 100% attention to the game, but I did take FSU ML/+7.5 because it rarely goes well in Tallahassee.

I'm not paying 100% attention to the game, but I did take FSU ML/+7.5 because it rarely goes well in Tallahassee.

Never understood why they have such a hangup of playing in that arena. They always play bad there.

Big play coming up

How do you leave Reddish wide open like that? 80-78 Duke.

FSU should have half a second left.

That was clutch!!!!!!!! :bulgy-eyes::clapp:

How do you leave Reddish wide open like that? 80-78 Duke.

FSU should have half a second left.

Tell your guys on defense to guard the rim at all costs and that's what happens. I bet everyone on FSU thought Barrett would get the ball instead of Reddish.

Huge shot for the freshman that had been struggling before today. That was fun.

Jared Harper is fun to watch. That steal on a UGA break that turned into an alley-oop for Auburn was fantastic.

Unranked home teams are favored here:
16 Ohio State at Iowa

Iowa dumps Ohio State by 10.

(20) Iowa State dropped another game, this one at home to Kansas State. They've really stubbed their toe since beating Kansas.

Shocker, so far: Georgia Tech was up 18 at Syracuse, 51-33, but the Orange have scored 8 straight to cut it to 51-41 with 10:00 to go.

USF pushed Gonzaga until about the 2:30 mark, then the whistles were swallowed.

It was 84-81 Gonzaga and a USF's Jimbo Lull had a wide open lane to the hoop, but got blatantly pushed in the back and had to force up a flailing shot. No foul. A couple possessions later, two Gonzaga players collapsed on a drive with contact. No foul.

The most egregious was with ~:40 left, but by then it was an 8 pt game and too late to matter. Hachimura blocked a shot and as it was going out of bounds, Crandall leaped to "save" it. But, his last step was a good 3 feet out of bounds when he jumped up to knock the ball back in bounds.

Here is the play:

The poor USF coach was doing all he could in the last 2 minutes to earn a technical foul, but the officials 'missed' all of his antics, too. It was a pathetic display by the guys in striped shirts down the stretch.

Frankie Ferrari is fearless, though. Another fun guard to watch.

Last edited:
Back