2018-2019 College Basketball Season

Duffer Waldorf

[this space available]
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 GHIN
One week until the season starts on Nov. 6th, highlighted by the Champions Classic.

1 Kansas vs 10 Michigan State
2 Kentucky vs 4 Duke

One week until the season starts on Nov. 6th, highlighted by the Champions Classic.

1 Kansas vs 10 Michigan State
2 Kentucky vs 4 Duke

Some quality games immediately!!!!! Go DUKE!!!

30 minutes until Duke-Kentucky!

Just a bit excited for tonight....

Kansas looked good, but faltered a bit down the stretch. But still managed the win. Good game.
Really looking forward to the Duke/Kentucky game.

Just a bit excited for tonight....

I love that there are four good teams to start the season, but I'd love to see the same games in about a month or so after they've had some real game time together.

Go Duke!!!

Proud of the fight my Spartans put up last night. Very well balanced scoring. Get those free throws to go early and cut down some TO's and that's a different ball game against a very talented Jayhawk squad. Can't wait to see how we develop over the year.

Never expected the result that occurred last night. I thought this Duke team could be really good, but I was worried how all of the great individual players would come together. They played about as well as they could have last night. I know that there will be some growing pains at some point this year, but last night was a dream start.

Never expected the result that occurred last night. I thought this Duke team could be really good, but I was worried how all of the great individual players would come together. They played about as well as they could have last night. I know that there will be some growing pains at some point this year, but last night was a dream start.

The Zion haters have absolutely nothing to say right now. UK always starts off slow with Cal, but this was a route from about 5 minutes in through the entire game. Very impressive.

That was a complete butt kicking. I have two kids at Duke but am a lifelong UK fan. I went to Duke's countdown to craziness and didnt see anything that would have alerted me that this was coming. I still think UK is good but Duke is Thanos. They might score 200 on some D2 early season foe. The season started and ended last night. The race is for second place.

The Zion haters have absolutely nothing to say right now. UK always starts off slow with Cal, but this was a route from about 5 minutes in through the entire game. Very impressive.

That was a clinic put on by DUKE, they looked like they played well together.

In all my 30+ years watching ACC hoops, that's as good an opener for a Duke team as I can remember, especially against a quality team. They got what they wanted, when they wanted it. The freshman looked like they've been playing together for 3 years. The sustained effort, regardless of score, was unreal. It's hard to imagine them playing better than they did last night, but you know it will happen as the year goes on. How good was the bench, too? Jack White was unreal. Bolden looked as good as ever. McConnell even found his legs late.

Someone ask Kermit Davis if he still thinks the SEC is the best conference in the country.

Duke 118
Kentucky 84

Florida 60
Florida State 81

FSU lead 74-39 with 5:31 to go, too.

Someone ask Kermit Davis if he still thinks the SEC is the best conference in the country.

Duke 118
Kentucky 84

Florida 60
Florida State 81

FSU lead 74-39 with 5:31 to go, too.

And State played last night too. I have a kid there too.

State led 51-43 with ~14:30 left -- a Gottfried-esque score against inferior competition in November.

They finished on a 54-12 run. I know it's Mount St. Mary's. But, when is the last time NC State did something like that? And, this is with 2 returning players with Beverly sitting out. They will certainly be in the mix in the middle of the ACC, not sure they're good enough to challenge the Duke/UVA/Cuse/Carolina tier.

Kentucky was a 1.5 pt favorite last night.

Well things cold get real interesting. Feds are passing along their information received from their investigations over to the NCAA enforcement to begin pursuing rules violations. Get the feeling some big name coaches and universities are going to be in the spotlight

Well things cold get real interesting. Feds are passing along their information received from their investigations over to the NCAA enforcement to begin pursuing rules violations. Get the feeling some big name coaches and universities are going to be in the spotlight

I've seen the rumbling of some HUGE coaches that are allegedly involved. This + the new G league rules for providing an alternative to elite incoming freshmen doesn't look good for college basketball.

Other surprising scores:

Louisiana Tech 71
Wichita State 58

Delaware 67
Maryland 73

Texas Southern 72
Baylor 69

DUKE plays tomorrow, but that shouldn't be much of a game. Still fun to watch since it will be to cold to golf.

Just looked at the rankings, DUKE to #1 Kentucky fell hard to #18 :clapp:

I think Kentucky is lucky to be at 18 and I am a fan. They will get better as the year rolls on. I think the race for second place is what we are talking about. Duke will have some somewhat close games but when motivated, UK,UNC, NCSU, etc. they will put on a show. K wasnt going to let them embarrass Army.

University at Buffalo ranked in the AP Top 25 (#25) for the first time in history.

Back