2018-2019 College Basketball Season

Boiler up!

Good win for Duke. Lots of mismatches on both ends all night. Virginia didn't really have a way to contain Williamson and Barrett, but Jerome abused all the switching Duke was doing when he got Bolden or DeLaurier on him. Guy had a tough night shooting. Rematch in 3 weeks.

Only one team remains unbeaten in college hoops now...

Good win for Duke. Lots of mismatches on both ends all night. Virginia didn't really have a way to contain Williamson and Barrett, but Jerome abused all the switching Duke was doing when he got Bolden or DeLaurier on him. Guy had a tough night shooting. Rematch in 3 weeks.

Only one team remains unbeaten in college hoops now...

Hopefully Jones will be back before the rematch

Go vols! Horrendous second half but maybe Tuesday we will see that “1” next to our name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go vols! Horrendous second half but maybe Tuesday we will see that “1” next to our name.

With Duke beating Virginia today, I think they will retain the #1 ranking. I would expect them to be #2. Michigan will definitely drop after losing to unranked Wisconsin Go Badgers!!!!!!!

That two games in a row with a big let down in the second half. The boys need to play as if they were behind both halves.

I would like to see that, but I think the voters will have Duke back at #1. Tennessee will be #2 . GO BIG ORANGE!

Rock
Don't seek more days in your life but more life in your days.

Went to the bass pro shops tournament of champions tonight, watch for James wiseman at Memphis next year, a 7 footer who can move like a guard and can shoot.

Big Monday:

(13) Maryland at (6) Michigan State
(10) Virginia Tech at (11) North Carolina
(24) Iowa State at (9) Kansas

Last edited:

Tennessee ranked #1 in the AP poll. Will have to play better defense if they want to keep that lofty spot.

GO BIG ORANGE

Rock

Last edited:
Good basketball so far this season. I have been a lifelong UK fan but admit that I do not find this team to fun to watch.In fact I have skipped watching some games which was unthinkable in the past. They grind it out and have improved a lot but UT is a better team right now. Glad we have a month to get better.

Super Tuesday:

(2) Duke at Pittsburgh -- Coach K takes on the guy who was a lead recruiter of his current team.

(16) Auburn at South Carolina -- the Tigers could use a conference win; Gamecocks are still near the top of the standings (4-1) despite getting trashed at LSU this weekend.

(22) Mississippi State at (8) Kentucky

(14) Texas Tech at Kansas State -- winner ties Kansas at the top of the Big XII.

(20) Ole Miss at Alabama -- Kermit Davis is in the mix for National Coach of the Year; Alabama has a win over Kentucky and roared back at Tennessee (17-0 run) this weekend before falling by 3.

Clemson at Florida State -- loser digs its hole even deeper in the conference standings.

Wake Forest at (3) Virginia -- will Wake get to 40 in this one?

Super Tuesday:

(2) Duke at Pittsburgh -- Coach K takes on the guy who was a lead recruiter of his current team.

(16) Auburn at South Carolina -- the Tigers could use a conference win; Gamecocks are still near the top of the standings (4-1) despite getting trashed at LSU this weekend.

(22) Mississippi State at (8) Kentucky

(14) Texas Tech at Kansas State -- winner ties Kansas at the top of the Big XII.

(20) Ole Miss at Alabama -- Kermit Davis is in the mix for National Coach of the Year; Alabama has a win over Kentucky and roared back at Tennessee (17-0 run) this weekend before falling by 3.

Clemson at Florida State -- loser digs its hole even deeper in the conference standings.

Wake Forest at (3) Virginia -- will Wake get to 40 in this one?

Lots of good games on the schedule!!
Duke should be fine in Pitt.
Would like to see Mississippi St beat KY.
Small advantage to KSU being at home, and they need the win.
Right now small chance FSU or Clemson make the dance
Benefit of the doubt, maybe even 50

Another crappy game played by Michigan, tied with 24 seconds left... hoping they pull it out here.

And as time expires Michigan pulls it out!

Thanks for nothing, Auburn.

Signed,
Wolfpack

(14) Buffalo goes down at N Illinois, on what has to be the ugliest court in basketball history.

Benefit of the doubt, maybe even 50

45! My 40 pt guess was looking good early. Wake had 5 pts in the first 12:00 of the first half, but somehow managed to reel off 18 in the last 8:00 -- a blistering pace against Virginia. The Wahoos dropped the hammer on them early -- it was 25-3 at one point.

Big game tonight. Tennessee takes on Vandy tonight. Last time the Vols were ranked #1 Vandy beat them 2 days later. Don't think it will be the same this time, but it is at Vandy and their unusual court.

Go Big Orange

Rock

Not many appealing games tonight.

(1) Tennessee at Vanderbilt
DePaul at (12) Marquette
Purdue at Ohio State
Providence at Xavier
FIU at FAU

The announcers in the Tennessee game are the worst .

Rock
Go Big Orange

Tennessee won, but should not have. Vandy had a great game plan. Pure grit and determination, and Grant Williams, pulled it out.

Once again, we see suspect defense on the part of Tennessee. Not the same defensive team as it was last year.

Go Big Orange

Rock
Go Big Orange

Back