2018-2019 College Basketball Season

Badgers are starting to play better and creeped into top 25 with the win over Michigan.
KU is going to have to figure out a better way since losing their center.

One Top 25 matchup today: (3) Virginia at (23) NC State. State's run in the top 25 may be over after this one. This one may get ugly, the way State has played lately.

Lots of road games tonight for the Top 25:

(1) Tennessee at South Carolina -- UofSC has 3 good wins already in the SEC after 2 really bad non-conf ones (Stony Brook and Wyoming). The Vols are a different animal, though. Will probably be the best of the night. UofSC will be a match up problem for the Vols unless they can get Silva in foul trouble early.
(7) Kentucky at Vanderbilt Yawn. UK by 20
(8) Nevada at UNLV -- 1st place in the Mountain West on the line.
(9) North Carolina at Georgia Tech -- the Heels have had some head-scratchers in the Thriller Dome over the years. Be interesting to see which UNC shows up
(11) Kansas at Texas
(22) Mississippi State at Alabama
(24) Wisconsin at Nebraska

Ohio State at (5) Michigan

Rock
Go Big Orange

Top 10 road teams took care of business last night.

UT +22 with the late clamps on D
UK +35 after a 33-5 run over the last 14:00 of the first half
Nevada +17
UNC +23, with a 22-4 run early in the 2nd half

Virginia blew a 14 pt 2nd half lead, but hung up to escape Raleigh in OT by 1. Gotta hit shots and defend the pick-and-roll against UVA; State did not do either well last night. Shooting 34% from the field, including 7-26 (27%) from 3FG, it's a wonder they got it to OT. UVA turned it over 16 times.

Lipscomb thumped Liberty to take the lead in the ASun. I thought this might be the game of the night, but the Bisons had a couple of nice runs in the last part of the first half to take an 18 pt lead at the break.

Kansas and Mississippi State both drop another one, too.

Last edited:
More road action for the Top 25 tonight:

(10) Marquette at Butler -- Bulldogs are a 3-pt home favorite.
(12) Va Tech at Miami
(14) Villanova at DePaul
(15) Louisville at Wake Forest
(19) LSU at Texas A&M

Ole Miss at Florida
Missouri (1-5) at Auburn (2-4)

Big South action; should be lots of Campbell fans tonight:
Campbell (4-2) at Radford (7-0)
High Point (4-2) at Gardner-Webb (2-4) [GW has a win at Wake Forest this year]
Hampton (4-2) at Longwood (3-5)
Presbyterian (5-3) at Charleston Southern (2-4)

Northern Iowa (4-4 MVC) at Loyola-Chicago (6-2)

Indiana at Rutgers - both (3-6) in the Big Ten; Archie is having a tough time in Bloomington, it appears.

Stony Brook (5-1 Am East) at UMBC (5-2)

SMU at Wichita State -- what has happened to the Shockers? 8-11 overall, 1-6 in the American.

Big South action; should be lots of Campbell fans tonight:
Campbell (4-2) at Radford (7-0)

Game winner.

Indiana at Rutgers - both (3-6) in the Big Ten; Archie is having a tough time in Bloomington, it appears.

Yikes. A Rutgers 22-0 run across the halves sunk the Hoosiers.

Oklahoma laid a rotten egg at home -- they're worst performance of the year, by far, with a Game Score of only 3 (by contrast, Virginia's 'worst' game of the year was a 91 vs Dayton). This may be the worst performance by a power conference team this year.

NC State says, "Hold my ice cream".

12) Va Tech 47
23) NC State 24
Final

9-54 (16.7%) from the floor. 2-28 (7.4%) from three.

Last edited:
Early games have not been interesting, nor entertaining. Think I'll skip the next set and hit some balls, 62 degrees with clear skies, and get a feel for the Vice balls, sampler pak, on the putting green.

Rock
Go Big Orange

Buffalo (20-3) ranked 22 in the NET rankings, ranked 25 in AP. Oklahoma (15-10) ranked 42 in NET. One of these teams is likely to go dancing, and it ain't looking like Oklahoma.

Big night for the Big Ten. While everyone will be watching MSU @ Wisc on ESPN2, the bigger game might just be Purdue at Maryland (with the odd 6:30 BTN start). If Purdue can pull it out, they're in the driver's seat for the Big Ten title with no games left against the top 6 in the conference.

Games left against the Big Ten top 6 (below 5 teams plus Iowa):
Michigan (11-2): 4
Purdue (10-2): 1
MSU (10-3): 3
Wisconsin (9-4): 2
Maryland (9-4): 4

DUKE vs Louisville should be good tonight.

Insane comeback by Duke at Louisville tonight. They were down 23 with 10 minutes to go, came all the way back to win 71-69. Biggest second half comeback in Coach K's career at Duke!

"Babe, LSU just beat Kentucky."- Me
"In Basketball?"- My Wife

This is the best team we have had since Big Baby & Co... March will be fun again...

This is the best team we have had since Big Baby & Co... March will be fun again...

Congrats on the win, LSU kids definitely played harder in the 2nd half. But that review rule has to be changed.

Insane comeback by Duke at Louisville tonight. They were down 23 with 10 minutes to go, came all the way back to win 71-69. Biggest second half comeback in Coach K's career at Duke!

That was an insane win for DUKE!!!! That was pure determination and a collapse by Louisville.

Big night for the Big Ten. While everyone will be watching MSU @ Wisc on ESPN2, the bigger game might just be Purdue at Maryland (with the odd 6:30 BTN start). If Purdue can pull it out, they're in the driver's seat for the Big Ten title with no games left against the top 6 in the conference.

Games left against the Big Ten top 6 (below 5 teams plus Iowa):
Michigan (11-2): 4
Purdue (10-2): 1
MSU (10-3): 3
Wisconsin (9-4): 2
Maryland (9-4): 4

Tough second half for the good guys last night. Thankfully Penn State limited the damage by upsetting Michigan. Did you watch the PSU game? Mackey vs Bryce Jordan Center...not even close! Lots of Indiana HS games have more people in the stands.

Last edited:
Wow!!!

Excited to play y'all in 10 days. Should be a close one.

That’s a big one on the 23rd in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center... On a side note, the first time I saw Guns N’ Roses was in the PeteMac , fun times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a big one on the 23rd in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center... On a side note, the first time I saw Guns N’ Roses was in the PeteMac , fun times...

We have been giving up a lot of 3s which has me worried about it. Going to be a rough close to the season for us.

We have to get U.K. Out of the way Saturday. But first South Carolina and Mr. Silva.

Go Big Orange!

Rock
Go Big Orange

Oh, yeah, great job taking the Cats down.

Rock
Go Big Orange

Haha right? This is where our SOS comes from finally.

I'm happy to see better teams throughout the conference even if it means a couple more losses for UK. Tough games is where you learn and improve, and since we have pretty much a whole new team every year, they need it come tourney time. Should be a good one Saturday, Hopefully!! Even at Rupp, I think I'd give the Vols the edge. To much talented experience.

I'm happy to see better teams throughout the conference even if it means a couple more losses for UK. Tough games is where you learn and improve, and since we have pretty much a whole new team every year, they need it come tourney time. Should be a good one Saturday, Hopefully!! Even at Rupp, I think I'd give the Vols the edge. To much talented experience.

Poor PAC 12...

Back