2nd Greatest QB this Century???

Peyton Manning and then Eli Manning who both beat Tom Brady and the Patriots in head to head Super Bowl Competition

Peyton Manning and then Eli Manning who both beat Tom Brady and the Patriots in head to head Super Bowl Competition
Eli? You're joking, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unless I misunderstood, when did Peyton Manning play Brady in a Superbowl? Unless you're talking AFC playoffs.

And I'm going with Brady as #2 since he even says Rodgers is the best.

Eli? You're joking, right?

He might be having a bad couple of years but Eli Manning is 2-0 vs Tom Brady in the super bowl

Unless I misunderstood, when did Peyton Manning play Brady in a Superbowl? Unless you're talking AFC playoffs.

You're right Andy, it was the AFC Playoff when Manning knocked Brady out of the Superbowl

He might be having a bad couple of years but Eli Manning is 2-0 vs Tom Brady in the super bowl
And a career .500 record outside of those two games, all while completing 60% of his passes, and having pretty pedestrian stats in every way.

He is a player who stepped up nicely in the biggest games of his career, but is no where near the top of the list.

And a career .500 record outside of those two games, all while completing 60% of his passes, and having pretty pedestrian stats in every way.

He is a player who stepped up nicely in the biggest games of his career, but is no where near the top of the list.

Any QB that beats Brady in 2 Super Bowls is at the top of MY list

This. So much this

I’m very confused by this topic premise. Is it this decade or century because it’s its century it would be of all time (super bowl 53 is this year). And who is the #1 that is presupposed?! It better not be Brady.

I said THIS Century Not the Last! For a reason.

I didn't want to bring in all the Older Greats just the ones who have played in the same time frame.

Funny how people bring talent into the equation but leave Vick out and just because Brady says Rodgers is better doesn't make it true, Any more than Me saying I am a better golfer than pretty much Anyone makes that true.

Best QB is more than Talent in my Opinion and if we are drawing up sides sure I am biased but I will take the guy whos been to 8 Super bowls.

My list would probably be
Manning
Brees
Rapelesberger
Rodgers or Farve who is over rated.

"Since Brady became their starting quarterback in 2001, the Patriots have never had a losing season and have won 14 division titles. The Patriots played in twelve AFC Championship Games from 2001 to 2017—including seven in a row from 2011 to 2017—and won eight of them."

Last edited:
Who is the 2nd Greatest QB this Century??? Is it Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or someone else?

Tom Brady. Almost all stats point to Rodgers being the best of all time, not just this century.

Any QB that beats Brady in 2 Super Bowls is at the top of MY list

So we are going to give Eli credit for the Giant's D holding Brady to a combined 31 points in those two games?

Foles scored more points in his ONE victory over Brady than Eli did in his two.

I'd take Aaron Rodgers over Brady just like I'd take Barry Sanders over Emmitt Smith.

Not denying the achievements and greatness of anyone but if choosing up sides in a pickup game, I'm picking Rodgers and I'm picking Sanders.
Exactly. And that's not a knock on Brady or Smith. Still have loads of respect for them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

just because Brady says Rodgers is better doesn't make it true, Any more than Me saying I am a better golfer than pretty much Anyone makes that true.

You're also a huge homer when it comes to Brady so you are obviously biased.
Brady has had arguably the best coach in football his entire career, Rodgers has had...McCarthy.
They have very different styles too. Brady is a pure pocket passer, Rodgers makes a lot more plays on the move.
I think they're both great and hard to pick one.
I also don't think you can discount greats like Montana, Young, Marino Favre, and others who played at a time the league wasn't as offense-friendly.

You're also a huge homer when it comes to Brady so you are obviously biased.
Brady has had arguably the best coach in football his entire career, Rodgers has had...McCarthy.
They have very different styles too. Brady is a pure pocket passer, Rodgers makes a lot more plays on the move.
I think they're both great and hard to pick one.
I also don't think you can discount greats like Montana, Young, Marino Favre, and others who played at a time the league wasn't as offense-friendly.
Your last point to me is very persuasive. Lots of people say Favre is overrated, but they forget what he did in his MVP years when defenses were still allowed to play football. Favre was throwing 39 TDs when Aikman was barely breaking 20.

I grew up the biggest Favre fan but now I'd probably take Rodgers (though a hybrid with Brett's toughness and durability would be great). I'd take Rodgers over Brady and Manning too, but he had a ways to go in his career and a lot accomplishments to catch them. Definitely hope he does once we fire McMuffin after this year.

Put Brady on the worst team in the league, then put Rodgers on that team. Which QB makes that team better? For me, its Rodgers.

Flawed, but it's one of the ways that I use to evaluate talent (in my own mind, of course). Like if Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith had switched teams. Sanders (imo) would've had multiple seasons over 2,000 yards behind the best OL in football while Smith would've been hard pressed to replicate Barry's accomplishments with Detroit.

I'll take Brees.

Put Brady on the worst team in the league, then put Rodgers on that team. Which QB makes that team better? For me, its Rodgers.

Flawed, but it's one of the ways that I use to evaluate talent (in my own mind, of course). Like if Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith had switched teams. Sanders (imo) would've had multiple seasons over 2,000 yards behind the best OL in football while Smith would've been hard pressed to replicate Barry's accomplishments with Detroit.

You really think so? I think Brady has taken worse teams than what Rogers has had over the years to the Super bowl at least 4 times.....out of the 8 appearances. How many bum no name players has Brady turned into studs? Guys who were nothing before brady, and then Nothing after. I can think of about 6-7 off the top of my head.

Brady did a lot with no name WRs in the early 2000s, but he has also had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Gronk. Two of those guys are arguably the best to do it at their position.

Brady is the man, and all QBs strive to be him, but look what the Pats have done without him. 11-5 with Cassel and wasn't it 3-1 with Garappolo and Brissett. Seems like Belichick can win with anyone.

Brady did a lot with no name WRs in the early 2000s, but he has also had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Gronk. Two of those guys are arguably the best to do it at their position.
Brady is the man, and all QBs strive to be him, but look what the Pats have done without him. 11-5 with Cassel and wasn't it 3-1 with Garappolo and Brissett. Seems like Belichick can win with anyone.

The Irony is Brady won with the No Names and lost with Moss and Welker because Welker Dropped the Ball.
He won the Game against Atlanta in the SB down 25-3 at the half against a pretty good Falcons team.
Look they are all amazing Qb's.
Sure I am a Homer. I have had a front row seat for Brady after suffering thru the first 35 years of my life with the Patriots looking like the Bills.
But I don't know what stats people look at that says that Rodgers is clearly the Better QB. Brady is 2nd to only Brees in Yardage. sure they have both played more years but the Patriots were Run heavy for good 5-6 years before they morphed into what they are now.

In Fantasy you really can't go wrong with any of the top 5 or 6.

There was a reason why Brady was the #166 player selected.

Brett Farve......

Stats are important, but they're not everything. All the talk of players, not enough talk about the coach.
When you think Pats, you think Brady and Belichik. Packers are all Rodgers.

The Irony is Brady won with the No Names and lost with Moss and Welker because Welker Dropped the Ball.
He won the Game against Atlanta in the SB down 25-3 at the half against a pretty good Falcons team.
Look they are all amazing Qb's.
Sure I am a Homer. I have had a front row seat for Brady after suffering thru the first 35 years of my life with the Patriots looking like the Bills.
But I don't know what stats people look at that says that Rodgers is clearly the Better QB. Brady is 2nd to only Brees in Yardage. sure they have both played more years but the Patriots were Run heavy for good 5-6 years before they morphed into what they are now.

In Fantasy you really can't go wrong with any of the top 5 or 6.

There was a reason why Brady was the #166 player selected.
I'm a homer too. :)

Loads of respect for Brady and the Pats organization--actually a lot of envy for the latter. Pats have set the standard, no doubt.

I'm in Mass and watch New England every week while being a Cowboys fan. Yup. Lol. Coach Bill has placed Bradybin the best offense he could while limiting his mistakes and staying away from his weaknesses. Brady has weapons and always has. No names yeah but they are solid players. Talent wise he isn't the best but he knows his offense and always wins. Coach Bill knows what he's doing.

Back