Not a great night last night, team struggled and we lost all 3 games. Rolled the new rocks last night though. Eternity Pi did not hook as much as I was expecting it too which was disappointing. Maybe I was just throwing it poorly as I struggled the first 2 games. Put the Hustle Rip in game three and shot 258 so I kind of like that one.

I hadn't gone bowling in years-decades perhaps. Went to visit my daughter in Denver for Thanksgiving. Had some time to kill before our flight back so the 6 of us went bowling. Enjoyed it. I guess like getting for for golf clubs-there were a lot of different ball options-size, weight etc.

Had a week of poor carry and some over under lane conditions. That is always fun when you roll over the same spot on the lane once, and it over hooks, then the next time it rolls out!

227-226-214-236 = 903 series

Spare shooting again is keeping my scoring up so far for the season. 11 single pin leaves with 4 each of 10 and 9 pins. Had one open on the night with a 3-6-10, I am really good at chopping the 6-10 or just the 10 off of that one. :ROFLMAO:

This thread popping up has me wanting to get back into a league again. Just looked up a couple of the alleys near me and I might join a Vegas league for January.

Choked away my first 600 in a while tonight, but still happy with how I bowled. We started the season pretty roughly, but we are 12-0 in the last 3 weeks and climbing steadily.

High game (246) and high series (593) of the season tonight.

This year has been a roller coaster for me. Big slump followed by a few weeks of improvement and then back in the dumper again. A few weeks ago, I'd get to the last game and couldn't get my ball to break at all. I had final games of 135 and 118. I talked to the guy in the pro shop and he recommended detoxing the ball. It's made a huge difference. The last two weeks my last game has been my best. 162-192-245 and 202-178-219. Both for a 599 series. I'm improving on my 10 pin conversions too; I converted 4 out of 6 tonight and 3 of 4 last week..

We have a guy on our team who averages 137, straight bowler, about 16-17 mph. He put up a 278 scratch in game 3 yesterday. Three players on the other team were not happy lol.

We're 19-1 in the last 5 weeks and have gone from 19th place (out of 20th) up to likely 6th or 7th pending this week's standings.

Such a funny game. Last several months lanes have been very predictable and dry out quickly. Lots of high scores all over the alley. Last night I need the Eternity Pi as the lanes were flooded and very tight. One problem... I polished the ball a few weeks ago trying to make it work for the other lane conditions so had to make adjustments all night. Finally got some break down in the 3rd game and managed to shoot 253 the 3rd game for 663 last night

So come to find out the alleys oil machine had been broken for weeks and they just rolled with it. Explains the weird lane conditions. This week was a different story with the new machine clearly. Finally the Eternity Pi showed me what it could do. Went 244-257-222 for 723. Had to make a ball change in the 3rd game. Felt good to shoot 700 again, its been a minute.

Had my first 600+ in a while tonight with a 601. Took a 246 in game 3 with the front 7 to get it done, but at least I got there. Went light in the 8th and left a split in the 10th (3, 6, 7, 10) that I just missed converting.

My year long struggles/inconsistency have continued. My average before league Tuesday was 184, about 10 pins below where I normally am. After struggling to a 161 in game one, I finally got on track a bit with a 205 and 211 to finish. We dropped the last game by 7 pins, which sucked because from the 5th frame on, I was in the pocket but left a 7 pin, two 10 pins and a 7-10 split. I've just had brutal luck this year carrying strikes.

Oh man, been awhile since I last posted. Hope all is well with all, crazy busy with work and no time for really anything lately.

Have been doing pretty well and keeping things somewhat consistent.

4 game series in week order back to December:

946 super consistent on the night 237-238-234-237
931 high of 277
832 blah week no carry
871 up and down high of 248
935 high 265
960 high 269

Average back up to 224 after this week.

Another really good week and achieved something I hadn't in a long while in our late league with burned up lanes. I had 40 clean frames on the night!!🔥

237-216-266-247 = 966

10 ten pins for the night. :cool:

Never gave up the pocket and made right moves on the later transitions.

Bowling is almost over thankfully. Typically when getting new rocks for the year I end up shooting something with them but the Eternity Pi just has been a huge let down. Friends and people I trust when it comes to this stuff say I'm crazy that everyone loves that ball but I don't think I have a single game over 230 with it. I keep trying to make it work to my own detriment because I'm stubborn. Literally struck every frame on the left lane last night, and only 2 times on the right...in 3 freaking games! Annoying.

Anyways only a few weeks left, bowling state tournament this weekend with my son, not expecting much but maybe a different house will do me some good haha

I haven't posted here in a while either. I'm doing better than I was for a long stretch this year, but my average is still 10 pins or so below normal. It's just hard to make big jumps this late in the year. The last two weeks I've gotten off to a slow start (128 first game last week!), but then found my groove. I'm happiest that I have not left many 10 pins lately, 3 last week and 4 last night, but even happier that I have converted all 7 of them.

Bowled state tournament with my son and about 20 others this past weekend. We had a good time but man did the bowling suck haha. Its conditions like we experienced that make you realize why guys who do this frequently show up with 5-8 balls or more haha. First day was brutally dry short pattern, second day was completely different. What annoyed me more than anything though was the approaches were awful. We bowled terribly but oh well didn't expect to win anything anyways. Also bowling 9 games in 2 days is exhausting. I do not want to do it again tomorrow, this felt like the end of my season, I'm ready for golf haha

Just some so so, under average nights for me here lately:
4 game sets for clarity :cool:

931 high game of 279
849 high game 219
868 book end high games of 246 and 235, middle 2 games were a grind
849 again book end games 239 and 233, middles again a grind - need to figure these out.

Back