Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biggsy View Post
    I am the consummate internet sportsman!
    true that biggsy! when you guys told me you bowled, i was thinking big lebowski style, but you guys really did bowl.
    WITB:

Spoiler
    Driver: XR Pro
    3wood:
    D300 19* Hybo: FyBrid
    Irons:
    X Forged (Like Phil)
    Wedges:
    Mack Daddy 4 (50/60)
    The Flat-Stick:
    Metal X #7
    Tour B330

Comment

Originally posted by tcalloway1 View Post
      sounds good GC, although with an avg of 120 you'd be beating me all night long. i'm happy to break 100
      In the group I play with, we have an unofficial agreement that if someone doesn't break 100 they shave an eyebrow. So far only 1 guy has shaved an eyebrow, but there are a couple of others that didn't follow the agreement.

I'm an equal opportunity employer

Eighteen holes of match or medal play will teach you more about your foe than will 18 years of dealing with him across a desk. ~Grantland Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Guy View Post
        In the group I play with, we have an unofficial agreement that if someone doesn't break 100 they shave an eyebrow. So far only 1 guy has shaved an eyebrow, but there are a couple of others that didn't follow the agreement.
        that's awesome!! we do something like that to the first guy who passes out. i once woke up with the letter "L" shaved in my chest.
        WITB:

Spoiler
        3wood:
        Irons:
        X Forged (Like Phil)
        Wedges:
        Mack Daddy 4 (50/60)
        The Flat-Stick:
        Metal X #7
        Tour B330

Comment

LMAO I just got the funniest visual from that.....

that's awesome!! we do something like that to the first guy who passes out. i once woke up with the letter "L" shaved in my chest.
          Driver-- RAZR Fit 9.5 w/ Diamana Blue (S)
          Fairway Wood-- TBD
          Hybrid-- RAZR X 3h, 4h w/ Fubuki h350
          Irons-- RAZR XF 5-PW
          Wedges-- Forged Dark Chrome w/ DG Spinners 48*, 52*, 56*
          Putter-- Si-1
          Ball-- Hex Black Tour
          Originally posted by Yoccos1981
          Hanks has some great advice
          Originally posted by OEM Kevin
          Hanks speaks the truth

Comment

Originally posted by thanks1974 View Post
            LMAO I just got the funniest visual from that.....
            yeah, it sucked!!
            WITB:

Spoiler
            3wood:
            Irons:
            X Forged (Like Phil)
            Wedges:
            Mack Daddy 4 (50/60)
            The Flat-Stick:
            Metal X #7
            Tour B330

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGolfer View Post
              Who here bowls? Do you have a ball and shoes or other equipment? I am looking to get into it. I am going to need a hobby for the winter months in KC. Where did you start?
              First off do not buy any bowling equipment from a department store or sporting goods store as neither of these have a trained professional to fit your hand and the shoes will have very little slide. Most reputable pro shops will have a "ball,bag, and shoe" package for around $110 including the fit and drilling of the ball. Just keep in mind that in a few months you will probably want to upgrade the ball. Anyway ask around the kc area and find a good pro shop and develop a relationship with that person and they will give you all the help you need. Welcome to another great sport and hope you enjoy it and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Comment

I am having a hard time finding a pro shop that is not in a bowling alley. When I lived in Alexandria there was on Duke Street.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGolfer View Post
                  I am having a hard time finding a pro shop that is not in a bowling alley. When I lived in Alexandria there was on Duke Street.
                  That's where you should go. The pro shop at your local bowling center should work great.

Comment

I bowled for 17 years and could never get my stinking average over 200. For the last 10 I finished between 196 and 199. Very frustrating. Never had a 300 either, but had 290 twice and 279 a half dozen times or so. I only had 700+ about five times. Bowling was fun, but man I did a lot drinking when I did it. Too much drinking.

Kevin
                    Horrible stories often start with the phrase, "We were hiking."

Driver-TaylorMade R11 10.5* Matrix Xcon 5 Stiff
                    3W-TaylorMade R11 15.5* Rip Beta 70 Stiff
                    Rescue-TaylorMade R11 21* Matrix Altus 81
                    Irons-TP CBs, 4-PW, Nippon 950 Stiff.
                    Wedges-TaylorMade xFT, 51-08, 56-12, 58-09, KBS Hi-Rev
                    Putter-TaylorMade Corza Ghost
                    All clubs left handed and courtesy TMaG and THP. Thank you very much.

Comment

What are some good bowling sites to get me started?

Comment

my brother and his gf are big into bowling... they have their own equipment and are in leagues... they got their gear on base (he was in the army) for really cheap...
                        i like to bowl but i never got serious(guess all the drinking didnt help my scores)... my dad has tons of trophies when he was in the service and in leagues... since he doesnt bowl anymore and if the weather sucks when my brothers come to town(no golf)... i use my dads gear and we hit the alleys
                        sure... id love to help you out... which way did you come in?
                        sigpic

Comment

note to self: never bowl with chuck or biggsy, never shoot pool with duey, never drink with thanks, and never be in an enclosed area after oem kevin eats a snickers bar.
                          I think all good choices

Comment

I used to bowl in two leagues a week, did the end of year tounaments in Vegas a few times a year. as for a start, I would suggest talking to the bowling shop at your local alley. They guy who ran the one at mine really helped me out in the beginning. Might even have a used ball or two they can re-drill for your hand and save you a few $$$$

Comment

Any competitive bowlers out there?

What are your thoughts on the relationships, both physical and mental, between bowling and golf? Which do you think is harder physically, and which do you think is harder mentally?

Comment

Golf is by far a harder sport, but bowling has it own set of problems with every house being different and no 2 lanes being the same. Use to do both but now I take time and go play golf outside and have a few beers with the guys

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X