I’ve got a pending wrist surgery on the docket, so I contemplated not even bothering with bowling this year. However, I decided to move the surgery to January, and bowl half a year.

We also bowl 4 games at the moment because of the holidays. Last week I went 269-216-233-211=929

I almost don’t want to have the surgery. Ha.

Its a ton of fun, yet tragically, in southern california, it can get costly, gosh, we have not rocked the bowling alley since we began to golf, going on over a year now, i used to be in a congregation group quite a long while prior, it was enjoyable

https://historicarmouries.com.au/

Last edited:
I don't know what has changed but our 1st half just ended and I've done better than I ever have done. Last week a 663 and this week a 705. I also threw an all time high of 776 about week 3. I work swing shift so only bowl about half the time and never practice but avg was 200 before this 705 so it'll go up a few more pins. I'm usually 185-190 guy every year.

I'm afraid the 2nd half is gonna be a reality check...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Seeing this thread pop back up is bringing back memories, need to get back out there and see if I still got it.

Did anyone happen to catch the PBA bowling yesterday on Fox? It was after the 1:00 game, not sure if it's been used before, but they had some cool new tech in place showing the ball speed, spin, which board it was tracking over. Was really neat to see.

Seeing this thread pop back up is bringing back memories, need to get back out there and see if I still got it.

Did anyone happen to catch the PBA bowling yesterday on Fox? It was after the 1:00 game, not sure if it's been used before, but they had some cool new tech in place showing the ball speed, spin, which board it was tracking over. Was really neat to see.

I was going to watch that, but got interested in the Steelers/Saints game and also dozed off for a bit.

Bumping the bowling thread. LOL!!

Haven't picked up a ball in about a month and a half, but the month of August I will be getting back in the swing of things in preparation for Fall leagues that start up after Labor Day.

Looking at 3 leagues this coming year and hoping for a few more honor scores to add to my list of accomplishments. Other goals are to improve 10 pin pick up and increase average a few more sticks.

Bumping the bowling thread. LOL!!

Haven't picked up a ball in about a month and a half, but the month of August I will be getting back in the swing of things in preparation for Fall leagues that start up after Labor Day.

Looking at 3 leagues this coming year and hoping for a few more honor scores to add to my list of accomplishments. Other goals are to improve 10 pin pick up and increase average a few more sticks.

One league a week is enough for me. As far as goals? 10 pin efficiency is definitely one of mine as well. I've always struggled with them, but have seen signs of improvement last year.

I will also be in 3 leagues this year at two different houses.

Was only planning on one league this season, but was asked to join a scratch league team this fall.
Not sure I want to commit to both leagues.....

I've got 1 night a week, handicap league. More of a gentleman's fun league. I also will sub occasionally on a scratch league night. I really dont care for the scratch league though, bunch of big head know it all professional wannabe cry babies. I mostly roll that night for the entertainment value.

I've got 1 night a week, handicap league. More of a gentleman's fun league. I also will sub occasionally on a scratch league night. I really dont care for the scratch league though, bunch of big head know it all professional wannabe cry babies. I mostly roll that night for the entertainment value.

I shot 799 in sweeps for an 820 scratch league with a 157 book average. Sweeps was handicapped at 80% of the highest bowler's average, which was 241. Talk about people crying! I might have deserved some of it though. :D

I shot 799 in sweeps for an 820 scratch league with a 157 book average. Sweeps was handicapped at 80% of the highest bowler's average, which was 241. Talk about people crying! I might have deserved some of it though. :D

LOL! Why would the league do handicap based off of highest average? They did that to themselves with you shooting 799(with handicap added in I'm assuming).

LOL! Why would the league do handicap based off of highest average? They did that to themselves with you shooting 799(with handicap added in I'm assuming).

Nah the 799 was scratch. 279-241-279. Missed my first 800 series and 2nd 300 game (twice) by 1 stinkin 9 pin. Background on it was I had quit bowling juniors a couple years before. I carried a 200+ average from the time I was about 15. Just before turning 18, I lost interest and quit. Couple years later I got in to a fun league with some friends at a place that never oils. I struggled there badly for 8 weeks and quit. That's where the 157 book came from. When I joined that scratch league, I was already in 2 other leagues, both of which I was carrying over a 210 average. But since the only league I had enough games to establish an average with was the 157 the year before and they don't accept junior averages, that was the average we had to use. The league capped at an 820 book average for the team. And with me at 157, we came in right at 820. Stacked team for sure.

Nah the 799 was scratch. 279-241-279. Missed my first 800 series and 2nd 300 game (twice) by 1 stinkin 9 pin. Background on it was I had quit bowling juniors a couple years before. I carried a 200+ average from the time I was about 15. Just before turning 18, I lost interest and quit. Couple years later I got in to a fun league with some friends at a place that never oils. I struggled there badly for 8 weeks and quit. That's where the 157 book came from. When I joined that scratch league, I was already in 2 other leagues, both of which I was carrying over a 210 average. But since the only league I had enough games to establish an average with was the 157 the year before and they don't accept junior averages, that was the average we had to use. The league capped at an 820 book average for the team. And with me at 157, we came in right at 820. Stacked team for sure.

Wow, yeah a 799 scratch by a 157 book average bowler would have me skeptical as well. LOL!

Wow, yeah a 799 scratch by a 157 book average bowler would have me skeptical as well. LOL!

Man that was a long time ago... 1992 I think? The last league I was in was back in 2001, so I've been out of it for a while. Kind of funny though, a couple years ago I was trying to talk the wife in to joining a league and I thought she was going to go for it. I don't have any equipment anymore so I called the shop that used to drill all my stuff to see if they still had all my specs. Gotta love Jim Murtishaw. I hadn't bought anything from him in over 15 years at that point and he still had my drill card on file. lol

Going to an all day training/coaching session next Sunday with Bob Learn and Amleto Monacelli to get ready for the upcoming bowling season. Our seasons start the week of Labor Day.

First week of a winter league. Haven't bowled winter league in ages. 502 is just awful.

The league decided on Kegal high street which in theory should be easy. I just hate the choice of a 44 foot pattern in an alley where every other pair has a 1 foot by 1 foot pole half way down the approach at the 40 board.

Was brutal I missed 2 or 3 single pins which just can't happen. Also missed 3-6-10 3 times, 2 by chopping and the rare miss of only hitting the 6. Had like 8 splits in the first 2 games. Game 1 was their for the taking and 1 dude hit 300 in a 20 team league. The shot after that basically disappeared instantly in the 2nd game. I made a ball change after I went to a older hi rg pearl asym to strike out for 137. Had 214 last game which should have been better if I didn't think the ball I was using could carry moving left. Basically switched to standing 26 throwing hard with no hand at the throwing to the 12 board really hard and just letting the ball hook. Then instead of moving left as the tiny bit of oil went away out there I just started lofting it 12 feet since a ball can't hook in the air. Next week should be better knowing what to do.

It was brutal for people playing down and in with no speed, they had no chance. High street only oils out side of 10 for 2.5 feet then buffs out and the drop off from tons of oil is like a cliff plus it is fairly light volume. Even the storm staffer struggled last game and started throwing a tropical surge up the outside the last game.

On to next week.

I can certainly understand your scoring for the 1st week of league. We started up this past week and on my Wednesday night I couldn't pick up a multi pin spare to save my life. Pick off 10 from a 6-10 or 3 off a 3-6 eave. Wrist really hurting and my speed was way down so a few splits, but mostly right side multi pin leaves. Single pins were 100% covered though. Only shot 582 with all games in 190's.

Thursday night is a late league after a 5 person per team league so lanes are essentially fried each week. The first night was an absolute dumpster fire where I could not generate any good speed to keepo my ball on right side of the head pin. Not until last game(we do 4 games each week) did things start to get back to a bit of normalcy. Speed started to pick up and I strung a few strikes along for a 215. For 4 games and a 708 series, it was not pretty at all and one that I will gladly not ever have to endure again.

Using my average from last year of 223 on both nights and can see how far under I was shooting. LOL!

That is basically what I get for taking the entire summer off of bowling.

Last night was our 2nd week of league. I started with a 178 average which is about 15 or so pins low for me, but being week one, I was ok with that.

Last night I started out with a 253 (which could have easily been in the 260-270's if not for some bad luck). I started the next game with the first four strikes and then I just lost my line. Everything was diving into the head pin. I managed a 205 that game, but never could adjust and finished with a 178. Pretty disappointing given how I started out but I bumped my average to 195, so I'm about where I should be.

I got you beat on falling apart after a good first. 9 splits last tend to do that. Got a new drier lane ball on the way
Went 270 - 153 - 153

Average at 179.5 after 2 weeks.

I got you beat on falling apart after a good first. 9 splits last tend to do that. Got a new drier lane ball on the way
Went 270 - 153 - 153

Average at 179.5 after 2 weeks.
Ouch!

I had to bowl this past Thursday as one of the guys already had a sub and another hurt his knee. I'm the seventh man and I got the call. I kind of miss it but I don't...its fun hanging with the guys. House shot is well the house shot haha. Haven't bowled since the spring, the first game was an adjustment but I shot 277 the second game and 220 the third. Its like riding a bike. I wish golf were that easy :LOL:

Wow, nice games to finish your set! I only wish golf was as easy :LOL:

Bowled like crap but won all 3 individual points did just enough each 10th frame. Team sweep and 21 - 4 with individual points so only out bracket money for the week.

Thought I was going to see a 900 2 pairs over. Went till the front 5 in the 3rd then missed the 10 pin. 849 I guess is a let down for him if there is such a thing with a big 800.

Back