The Official 2019 MLB Thread

I don't have a horse in the race so to speak. I'm a long time SF Giants fan going back to the late 60s (was a huge Willie Mays fan). I too am hoping for more baseball and a game 7.

Me either really other than all the former Tigers pitchers which happen to be on both teams haha. I've mentioned it earlier that I became an Astros fan back in 2017 when Verlander was traded there and since the Tigers stink they have become my adopted team. So I am still pulling for them but if Scherzer gets a ring...so be it :p

Me either really other than all the former Tigers pitchers which happen to be on both teams haha. I've mentioned it earlier that I became an Astros fan back in 2017 when Verlander was traded there and since the Tigers stink they have become my adopted team. So I am still pulling for them but if Scherzer gets a ring...so be it :p

I'll respect you as a Tigers fan but my memories of Verlander have to do with Pablo Sandoval going deep three times in Game 1 in 2012. And two were hit off Verlander.

The Astros are not in an enviable position, but I've learned this team will bounce back when their backs are against the wall. Game 3 is a must win IMO to get any momentum in hopes of taking two out of three in DC. The goal is to take 2 (hopefully 3) and come home to let the guys who carried you all year do it one last time.

Its a tough ask bc the Nationals are playing great baseball right now and are not making any mistakes.

Wow Soto had time to get Correa at home but wow that throw

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Did Houston leave Wade Miley off the roster again? 14-6 wouldn't be a bad guy to have instead of doing a "pen game"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Houston getting a great outing from Urquidy (who?) on the mound tonight. Gave him a 4 run lead and he’s into the bottom of the fifth.

So Urquidy was pitching a gem...so what do they do? Of course, the smart move was to pull him out. :rolleyes:

Pet peaves? I hate hate hate hate HATE when managers do that. Give the guy the ball...let him see what he can do. Keep his leash short if you're that friggin' shifty about it.

The second they pulled that I went to take a p-ss and said I hope it haunts them (even though I'm rooting for the 'Stros).

So Urquidy was pitching a gem...so what do they do? Of course, the smart move was to pull him out. :rolleyes:

Pet peaves? I hate hate hate hate HATE when managers do that. Give the guy the ball...let him see what he can do. Keep his leash short if you're that friggin' shifty about it.

The second they pulled that I went to take a p-ss and said I hope it haunts them (even though I'm rooting for the 'Stros).

Harris bailed Houston out of that jam with a big K of Kendrick

That’s a huge hit by Bregman. Momentum has officially shifted to Houston.

Washington has been awful with runners in scoring position these last two games.

Huge blow to the Nats possibly tonight

Best of 3 game series now. Home advantage for Stros. These games seem to drag on forever.

Losing Scherzer...maybe the Nats shouldn't have made some of the statements they made after they won the NL?

Best of 3 game series now. Home advantage for Stros. These games seem to drag on forever.

Losing Scherzer...maybe the Nats shouldn't have made some of the statements they made after they won the NL?
Its interesting for sure. However it does possibly setup a Scherzer/Verlander duel on Tuesday and Strasberg for game 7 vs likely Greinke

The Nats hitting exactly like I saw last night.

Cole is vulnerable early. gettig out of this jam was huge. Hopefully he can settle down and give us 5 or 6 more innings like that.

Cole is vulnerable early. gettig out of this jam was huge. Hopefully he can settle down and give us 5 or 6 more innings like that.
Please, no. Is appreciate taking a one game lead into Houston

Just thinking the same thing. He looks hittable again. That 2 run lead is big with Ross pitching well so far.

Correa should have been rung up and naturally he hits a home run instead ?

It’s still really early in this game and it’s by no means over but How crazy is it to think that it’s possible that the home team hasn’t won a game in this series yet.

AJ needs to stay on top of the pitching and the Stros bats need to stay hot/warm. Astros need to take the advantage back home

Cole looks dialed in now. Hopefully AJ lets him go till the 8th if he keeps up like this. Take the lead back to Houston

It was interesting to watch Smith pitch a scoreless 8th inning for the Astros. He’s a sidearmer and most of his pitches were 79-80 mph.

The Nats have certainly lost their playoff mojo.

The Nats have certainly lost their playoff mojo.

Not going to win many games scoring one run especially to a team like the Astros

Back