The Official 2019 MLB Thread

as the Brewers and Dodgers learned, it's tough to put these Nats away. I'd say the Cards learned that lesson to, but they were never in that position.

The Nats are alive. 3 - 2 lead.

All those runners left on base earlier coming back to haunt the Astros. Amazing how quickly this changed

I still think the Astros are the better team but damn the Nationals are on some kind of magical run.

Serves the manager right. That's poetic justice for every manager who micrmicromanagesmicrmicromanages their starter and yanks them every chance they get at first sight of trouble. I bet a lot of starting pitchers feel the same way.

Greinke pitched a hell of game with one mistake, can't believe a LSU Tiger, Harris, gave up a homer! Come on STROS

And forevermore - after Stros lose their second title - wwhenever asked, Greinke will say "tthey never should have pulled me"

So why warm up Cole when grienke was doing well and then don't bother when he's in trouble. A full inning of throwing would have been enough

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Cmon Osuna, guys a solid closer when he was with the Jays

are you serious? It's not like this happened in the 4th inning. There is no reason to get on Hinch for removing Greinke in that spot.
So why warm up Cole when grienke was doing well and then don't bother when he's in trouble. A full inning of throwing would have been enough

see that's the argument. Not that he pulled him. The only thing I would think, is that he wanted Cole to come in with a clean inning. Harris(I believe) is a pretty big ground ball guy. Probably was just looking for that double play and then get Cole in the 8th and 9th.

are you serious? It's not like this happened in the 4th inning. There is no reason to get on Hinch for removing Greinke in that spot.

see that's the argument. Not that he pulled him. The only thing I would think, is that he wanted Cole to come in with a clean inning. Harris(I believe) is a pretty big ground ball guy. Probably was just looking for that double play and then get Cole in the 8th and 9th.
The loss will forevermore lay at Hinch's feet. Sorry.

Yeah makes sense...just not from here (and after the fact)
#ArmChairManager

The loss will forevermore lay at Hinch's feet. Sorry.

I blame the Houston lack of big hits. Nobody in their right mind thought Greinke was going to give them as many outs as he did. I'm more surprised he kept him in as long as he did, esp with his not so stellar playoff history. And you don't need to apologize to me, I don't care at all who wins.

0-2 to bregman slider off the shoe time

Guessing Corbin gets guirrel and then Alvarez next inning then the hook?

I blame the Houston lack of big hits. Nobody in their right mind thought Greinke was going to give them as many outs as he did. I'm more surprised he kept him in as long as he did, esp with his not so stellar playoff history. And you don't need to apologize to me, I don't care at all who wins.

Houston had chances early but left runners on base in the first couple innings.

time to warm up Strasburg....ala Randy Johnson

Houston had chances early but left runners on base in the first couple innings.

yup and if they lose, they have those missed opportunities to blame. Hell look on twitter, Astros fans were begging for those misses chances to not come back and haunt them. It's like they knew...

Hard to win a WS when you leave some runners on

Real tough to feel bad for the guy.

nah. Full nah. He was in the 7th and his third time through the lineup

He's got a Ring. Two StrosStros rings on his hand woulda looked nice tho...

That’s a big run on 2nd base.

Back