The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Might as well wait a few months now. He will never sign a multiple year deal

Trevor Bauer met with reporters for a second time Thurs. to clarifying comments that the Indians 'assassinated' his character during arbo hearing. He said the assassination was done by MLB Labor Relations Department, not the Tribe. More to come.

Trevor Bauer met with reporters for a second time Thurs. to clarifying comments that the Indians 'assassinated' his character during arbo hearing. He said the assassination was done by MLB Labor Relations Department, not the Tribe. More to come.
Oh well that's totally different...wow big reporting whoopsy by someone

Jays sign Axford again for the 3rd time. You think you would learn after trading him the first time. Common sense for most but not for our genius management. So many good free agents out there and we keep getting the trash no one wants .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumor is Harper to Phillies 10 years $310M

Rumor is Harper to Phillies 10 years $310M

Crazy numbers. 25% of what the team is worth.

even crazier when you think the guy has had what 2 HOF seasons? Knocked in 100+ RBI once? Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player and still incredibly young. But man, giving him 310 mil to me is a bit of a tough sell.

even crazier when you think the guy has had what 2 HOF seasons? Knocked in 100+ RBI once? Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player and still incredibly young. But man, giving him 310 mil to me is a bit of a tough sell.
Yeah can't wait for the regret to set in after a few years

Yeah can't wait for the regret to set in after a few years

As a (former) Nats fan, I’d suggest it might take less than “a few years”, lol.

2 good years out of 7 and yet wants everyone to treat him like he’s best player in baseball. IMHO, he’s probably not even top 5 among outfielders, and lower yet if you consider all positions.

2 good years out of 7 and yet wants everyone to treat him like he’s best player in baseball. IMHO, he’s probably not even top 5 among outfielders, and lower yet if you consider all positions.

yeah I mean he's not Trout.

yeah I mean he's not Trout.
or Mookie or Judge or Yelich or Acuna or.......

No way I would give Harper more than 5 years.

Teams reporting for Spring training.

@ddec I missed that CC said this will be his final year.

Maybe once he is done you will make me a nice cash offer for the signed baseball I have from him.

Padres have offered Machado 8 years and about $250M.

Bet he says no now seeing what Harper is supposedly getting.

Padres have offered Machado 8 years and about $250M.

Bet he says no now seeing what Harper is supposedly getting.

If Padres make that, they better hope their touted farm system produces in a year or 2.

Was thinking this too. So if Philly has really offered Harper 10/310 and he turned down Nats at 10/300, would you be inclided to pony up that extra 1 mil a year to keep him from going to a division rival?

If Padres make that, they better hope their touted farm system produces in a year or 2.

Was thinking this too. So if Philly has really offered Harper 10/310 and he turned down Nats at 10/300, would you be inclided to pony up that extra 1 mil a year to keep him from going to a division rival?

no precisely for the reasons people above cited. His production is nothing that scares pretty much anyone. His potential? sure, but at what point is potential what you are actually producing? seven years seems like a pretty good sample size, and he has repeatedly disappeared when he was needed most...like the playoffs. If I want to see Philly lose, I want them to make this deal. Too much for too little and hamstrings what else you can do.

you would think so. And both teams (Philly and Wash) are close as far as record was last year so might be worth it to tip the scales I guess

Of course. Reports all along have been said he didn’t want to go to Philly. My bet is his agent is now shopping that offer and will get more.

Sox and Sale in contract extension negotiations! :joy:

Think that is too many years for Harper. Trout ,Betts ,Pillar and so many others are better outfielders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Bochy to retire following the 2019 season. As a SF Giants fan of 25+ years, it's sad to see this. Although, this seems like a perfect time for him to exit after his 25th year as an MLB manager.

Boch is a Hall of Famer, no doubt.

Back