The Official 2019 MLB Thread

I think if they went the route of taking away ALL of 2020-2021 draft picks it would have sent a better message. That would be sort of the MLB equivalent of the NCAA death penalty. Sure it's not as harsh but Astros can still draft plenty of high upside guys after the 2nd round and I don't think it will be that bad at all. Plenty of teams fail on there early draft picks but find studs later on. If it was full draft for 2 years, that would sting the organization a lot more from a talent pool.

I think if they went the route of taking away ALL of 2020-2021 draft picks it would have sent a better message. That would be sort of the MLB equivalent of the NCAA death penalty. Sure it's not as harsh but Astros can still draft plenty of high upside guys after the 2nd round and I don't think it will be that bad at all. Plenty of teams fail on there early draft picks but find studs later on. If it was full draft for 2 years, that would sting the organization a lot more from a talent pool.

I think that would be a bit overkill, but honestly would prefer that over just 4 picks.

Wow. That’s pretty harsh punishment. Cost 2 guys their jobs. Are the Astros the Patriots of MLB???

I mean if you are going to send a message - SEND A MESSAGE.....

And Lunhow and Hinch fired... Probably the best option for the Astros to try and save some face.

I give the Astro's owner, Crane, credit for not waiting to fire these guys. His quick, decisive action will benefit him and the Astros going forward

That Astros managerial job is going to be very attractive. This team, even without Cole, is still stacked and loaded and only likely behind the Yankees as far as contending for the WS in the AL.

It will also be interesting to see how long Lunhow and Hinch remain out of baseball beyond the period of suspension.

Wow. That’s pretty harsh punishment. Cost 2 guys their jobs. Are the Astros the Patriots of MLB???

No, just like the Patriots, they got caught doing it.

I give the Astro's owner, Crane, credit for not waiting to fire these guys. His quick, decisive action will benefit him and the Astros going forward

That Astros managerial job is going to be very attractive. This team, even without Cole, is still stacked and loaded and only likely behind the Yankees as far as contending for the WS in the AL.

It will also be interesting to see how long Lunhow and Hinch remain out of baseball beyond the period of suspension.

someone will take a chance on them.. Lunhow is one of the best GMs in baseball.

If I were the Orioles, I would sign both the second they are available

Well he was going to have to find an interim manager and GM for this year anyway, so mine as well remove them for good now to put this incident behind you.

someone will take a chance on them.. Lunhow is one of the best GMs in baseball.

I don't have much respect for Luhnow or that asst. GM that got canned, both come off as complete scumbags from the female reporter incident and how they handled the aftermath.

I don't have much respect for Luhnow or that asst. GM that got canned, both come off as complete scumbags from the female reporter incident and how they handled the aftermath.

I am not commenting on his personality or character, simply saying he is regarded as one of, if not the best GMs in baseball, and I would be shocked if he didn't have a job in 2021

I am not commenting on his personality or character, simply saying he is regarded as one of, if not the best GMs in baseball, and I would be shocked if he didn't have a job in 2021

You're right, probably plenty of morally bankrupt owners out there willing to take a chance on him.

I blame it on Houston...

Would it be fair to assume that Cora, if punished by MLB, will likely end up being fired like Hinch was?

Would it be fair to assume that Cora, if punished by MLB, will likely end up being fired like Hinch was?
Alex Cora's Days as manager of the Redsox are numbered!
There is 0% chance he isn't fired by the Redsox if he is handed the same punishment as AJ Hinch I don't see any way he doesn't get fired.

There is 0% chance he isn't fired by the Redsox if he is handed the same punishment as AJ Hinch I don't see any way he doesn't get fired.

Reports are that they expect Cora's punishment to be worse, since he was found to be an integral part of the cheating in Houston, and is also under investigation for what occurred with the Red Sox in 2018. I do agree though, he better start packing his bags now because he will no longer manage the Red Sox.

Totally agree. I'm a Sox fan, but he's done. With his role in Houston and the controversy in Boston now, he's gone.

Yep, they will can him.

Looks like Twins are going to sign Josh Donaldson.

4 years $92M for Donaldson to the twins.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Alex Cora fired by boston

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back