The Official 2019 MLB Thread

100% healthy according to reports

He's missed time the last two seasons, hasn't he? I'm sure the medical reports on Kershaw's back are clean too but after the last two I know better, and I was happy the contract extension reflected it. This type of thing is danger zone for the club.

He's missed time the last two seasons, hasn't he? I'm sure the medical reports on Kershaw's back are clean too but after the last two I know better, and I was happy the contract extension reflected it. This type of thing is danger zone for the club.
He was shut down for about a month leading up to the playoffs in 2018 and on DL for a couple of weeks before that. With their big lead, the flexibility to rest him to make sure he was ready for the playoffs was there. Don't recall any significant missed time in 2017. He sucked wind down the stretch but there was no discussion of it being injury related.

So if Harper gets $30M a year, what Trout gonna get? Like $40M/year lol

So if Harper gets $30M a year, what Trout gonna get? Like $40M/year lol

Well, if Philadelphia gets both then a ticket to the game is going to cost 100 for nose bleed. Yet, I would love to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, never would have guessed SD a few months back.

can opt out after 5 years

Can opt out of the deal after year 5

so what do you say Harper signs by dinner tonight?

Machado to the Padres ... 10/$300M!

Awesome!

I think that deal will come with a lot of regret unless he grows up quickly. The talent in undeniable, but the other stuff that comes with Machado is far less than desirable.

Smart, by then he will be able to tell if that top farm system is for real or not and decide to stay with them or try free agency

yup, I'm glad it's not after like 3 years. 5 years gives time.

Trout watch

20 years $1B will be what he signs

I think that deal will come with a lot of regret unless he grows up quickly. The talent in undeniable, but the other stuff that comes with Machado is far less than desirable.

the joy of playing in SD. It's not LA, Boston, Chicago, NY. That stuff goes a bit more unnoticed.

the joy of playing in SD. It's not LA, Boston, Chicago, NY. That stuff goes a bit more unnoticed.

Good point sir

Baseball is so effing stupid. Get a cap agree on a cap or some sort of system to cap total team roster value. This is basically why I get turned off every year. Macahdo gets 10/$300 and is not as good as Lindor who in two years basically has to bolt (I would too) to a team who will give him 10/$500

So so so so so stupid for mid market or small market teams to try and compete. #Annoyed

Baseball is so effing stupid. Get a cap agree on a cap or some sort of system to cap total team roster value. This is basically why I get turned off every year. Macahdo gets 10/$300 and is not as good as Lindor who in two years basically has to bolt (I would too) to a team who will give him 10/$500

So so so so so stupid for mid market or small market teams to try and compete. #Annoyed

While I get the arguement, the Padres are a smaller baseball market than the Indians are.

While I get the arguement, the Padres are a smaller baseball market than the Indians are.

Ohh I agree but they’ve basically 2nd mortgaged their entire franchise to marginally improve for a good and not best player at his position. I guess the argument applies across the board for all teams. The ones who “can afford” it and the ones “who’s shouldn’t” afford it....and the ones who “can’t afford” it

Padres getting serious their starting 4 is solid.

FINALLY we have made it to the end of the Kipnis contract, $16.5M this year and we can move on from him and his .230 hitting. About what they are paying Carlos Santanta $20M for (plus some walks)

As a Dodgers fan I love this deal. Welcome to crap attitude, no leadership, stats padding in insignificant games and bad SS play, SD.

Back