The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Baseball is so effing stupid. Get a cap agree on a cap or some sort of system to cap total team roster value. This is basically why I get turned off every year. Macahdo gets 10/$300 and is not as good as Lindor who in two years basically has to bolt (I would too) to a team who will give him 10/$500

So so so so so stupid for mid market or small market teams to try and compete. #Annoyed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of like that it doesn't have a cap. The NBA has a cap but that doesn't stop players from teaming up.

Now the latest Bryce Harper news has the White Sox "out" of the running

The Twins have signed Marwin Gonzalez for 2/$21m. Seems a little high for a utility guy??

Now the latest Bryce Harper news has the White Sox "out" of the running

Scott Boros...great for his clients, terrible for everyone else.

Hanley Ramirez agrees to Minor league deal with the Indians

And...baseball is back. Spring training has started!

I'm looking for a fantasy baseball league if anybody is looking for an owner for their league.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yanks sign Aaron Hicks to 7 yr / $70M extension. Very solid signing for them.

Appears the Dodgers have jumped into the mix for Harper's very expensive services.

Yanks sign Aaron Hicks to 7 yr / $70M extension. Very solid signing for them.

thats a steal, especially if he stays healthy

thats a steal, especially if he stays healthy

Agreed. I think the Sox are trying to negotiate a similar type deal with Benintendi. Would obviously love to see it happen.

Yanks working on signing Betances now to a team friendly long-term deal.

Man 7 years? That seems like a long time. But the dollar amount is solid.

Man 7 years? That seems like a long time. But the dollar amount is solid.
It’s an interesting move for the players. They are virtually certainly leaving money on the table - probably a lot of money. But that security must feel phenomenal.

These moves are brilliant for the teams. If they are right on a player they get a big discount on someone they would have wanted anyway. If they are wrong they lose some money but not that bad.

The Tigers are going to stink this year again, And I'm OK with that.
When (hopefully) their pitching prospects and a position prospect or two come up, I think they will be good...

Apparently Harper has multiple offers over $300M. Just stupid, on the teams part, IMO.

Just read that if Harper signs with LA, they’ll be trading Joc Pederson. Apparently they checked in with the braves to see what the return might be for him. Not real sure they’ll get much from the braves though for an average LH right fielder who’s only signed for 1 year, $5 mil. Plus he doesn’t necessarily fit in with the braves as they stand now with 2/3 OF already left handed.

My only thought is that they need SP and I could see us giving up Julio Teheran straight up.

Just read that if Harper signs with LA, they’ll be trading Joc Pederson. Apparently they checked in with the braves to see what the return might be for him. Not real sure they’ll get much from the braves though for an average LH right fielder who’s only signed for 1 year, $5 mil. Plus he doesn’t necessarily fit in with the braves as they stand now with 2/3 OF already left handed.

My only thought is that they need SP and I could see us giving up Julio Teheran straight up.

ugh. not a Pederson fan but really not a big fan of seeing another playoff choke artist even consider joining the Dodgers. Harper is not worth anywhere near the numbers I am hearing. Keep him away.

ugh. not a Pederson fan but really not a big fan of seeing another playoff choke artist even consider joining the Dodgers. Harper is not worth anywhere near the numbers I am hearing. Keep him away.

I don’t think it’s going to happen. The Dodgers reportedly want a shorter term contract. I don’t see any scenario where Boris allows that to happen. He’s trying to get the biggest contract in MLB history. He will sign a 10 or 11 year contract somewhere else (Philly?).

Rockies and Arenado reportedly very close on an 8 year / $260M extension with an opt out after 3 years. Would override the $26M contract he signed for this season. Better player than both Machado and Harper IMO.

Rockies and Arenado reportedly very close on an 8 year / $260M extension with an opt out after 3 years. Would override the $26M contract he signed for this season. Better player than both Machado and Harper IMO.

Glad he is staying in Colorado where he performs brilliantly. His home/road splits give me pause about him leaving Coors and putting up the same type of production.

I don’t think it’s going to happen. The Dodgers reportedly want a shorter term contract. I don’t see any scenario where Boris allows that to happen. He’s trying to get the biggest contract in MLB history. He will sign a 10 or 11 year contract somewhere else (Philly?).

That’s the thing though. I’m not sure Bryce is sold on philly. I think they’re just using them to find him a similar contract where he actually WANTS to play. No one seems to be biting though.

But I think he’s actually considering the larger per-year amount with LA over philly....

This shocked all the Rockies fans here. Nobody thought the Monforts would commit that much to one player. As owners go, they are in the lowest tier of wealth. Perhaps it's a new era in Colorado.

question is if any teams think he is worth that. I as a fan certainly don't...but all it takes is one gm. if no gm steps up, I can see a scenario where he signs for lot of money for short term trying to have good season to re-up his value. his numbers have not justified the big contract for quite a while, he might need to do that. and if he had that year it would help the Dodgers but otherwise...it would be A-gone all over again, paying way too much for too little

This shocked all the Rockies fans here. Nobody thought the Monforts would commit that much to one player. As owners go, they are in the lowest tier of wealth. Perhaps it's a new era in Colorado.

would love to see the Rockies win it all. even just one.

Back