The Official 2019 MLB Thread

fe5982cffe9d9f1c4481b74e64373f9b.jpg

Hate that Rivera is the first with 100 percent

Hate that Rivera is the first with 100 percent

I hate you.
I love that he got it and love even more the the stigma of no unanimous votes is now gone.

I hate you.
I love that he got it and love even more the the stigma of no unanimous votes is now gone.

Many in front of him deserved that honor but of course there are some dumb writers who wouldn't do it.

Many in front of him deserved that honor but of course there are some dumb writers who wouldn't do it.

I would agree with that. It doesn't mean he is the best HOFer in the building. But I'm glad it's over with and someone took took it down. His story is pretty incredible.

Plus no more Tom Seaver as the highest vote getter as a pitcher talk lol

I would agree with that. It doesn't mean he is the best HOFer in the building. But I'm glad it's over with and someone took took it down. His story is pretty incredible.

Plus no more Tom Seaver as the highest vote getter as a pitcher talk lol

Yeah it got old hearing them say no one had ever done it before.

Mariano was obviously a no brainer. Very deservedly so also. Red Sox fan don't respect many Yankees player but Rivera and Jeter are probably the two exceptions. Am kind of surprised he was unanimous though. But I guess that breaks the mold for the future. Kind of glad that Edgar finally got in to break the DH stigma when Papi is eligible.

Probably in the minority, but still want to see Bonds and Clemens in the HOF. They would by no stretch of the imagination be the first PED users to be inducted. I still rate them as the best player and best pitcher I have seen in my 45 years of watching baseball.

The Reds rotation for opening day is worlds better than last year.

Sonny Gray
Tanner Roark
Alex Wood
Luis Castillo
Anthony Desclafani

Homer Bailey
Luis Castillo
Sal Romano
Tyler Mahle
Cody Reed

Sonny Gray
Tanner Roark
Alex Wood
Luis Castillo
Anthony Desclafani

Homer Bailey
Luis Castillo
Sal Romano
Tyler Mahle
Cody Reed
Solid rotation to start the season. They really showed a desire to improve their team this off-season. Hope it turns out well for them.

Solid rotation to start the season. They really showed a desire to improve their team this off-season. Hope it turns out well for them.

Still wish they would make the move for Kluber.

I thinks fans of every team in baseball wish their team would pull that trigger! Haha

back off! haha our starting pitching is the only thing keeping us alive. Ramirez and Lindor cant do it all by themselves

I thinks fans of every team in baseball wish their team would pull that trigger! Haha

I wouldn’t have minded Keuchel but it sounds like he wants a ton of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back off! haha our starting pitching is the only thing keeping us alive. Ramirez and Lindor cant do it all by themselves

I know that feeling, it was rough a few years a go when the Reds went into full sell mode.

I know that feeling, it was rough a few years a go when the Reds went into full sell mode.

starting to realize the damage of getting that close to a title like they did in 2016 and not winning it and what that does to a fan base. fans knew going forward we didnt have the horses to beat the good teams but were good enough to win a bad division so attendance suffered. Small market teams cant keep big name players when being in the bottom third in attendance

I wouldn’t have minded Keuchel but it sounds like he wants a ton of money.

Read where the Astros are working on keeping him.

It will be interesting to see how the Twins play in the ALC this coming year.

Strangely, I'm somewhat optimistic.

I think it will hinge on this: Sano and Buxton, mostly.

I think if they return to form (remember Sano was an All Star) the Twins will fight to win the ALC or at least a Wild Card.

Eternally optimistic about the Twins, though deep down inside I'm always a skeptic.

starting to realize the damage of getting that close to a title like they did in 2016 and not winning it and what that does to a fan base. fans knew going forward we didnt have the horses to beat the good teams but were good enough to win a bad division so attendance suffered. Small market teams cant keep big name players when being in the bottom third in attendance

That's definitely a big blow, 1 game away would sting. I understand the small market big time, I loved that the Reds resigned Votto when they did but it really kills your teams chances of paying anyone else. And since they got rid of everyone a few years ago, attendance went to crap.

Love that the Reds are still trying to make moves, but I feel like Keuchel or Kluber would be better going after at this point than Relmuto. Don't get me wrong, would love to have him but if they are going to give up some of their better prospects in this deal I'd rather get a front line pitcher.

Sonny Gray
Tanner Roark
Alex Wood
Luis Castillo
Anthony Desclafani

Homer Bailey
Luis Castillo
Sal Romano
Tyler Mahle
Cody Reed
My fantasy team loves Castillo in the 4th spot of that rotation. That's sweet.

Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks.

50748248_10156208168598691_4109888595345539072_n.jpg

Arenado just got a record $26M in arbitration (avoid the actual arbitration hearing).

Back