I wonder if he gets the 6 game suspension that Elliott received (since the NFL lacks consistency). I think Jameis got 3 for his antics.

But they will go retroactive on that, right? Otherwise it'd be more like a whole season suspended crossing over 2 seasons. At the end of the day, the NFL is so inconsistent with their punishments on this that no one really knows what he's in store for.

I thought I read one time the minimum suspension for next year had to be 8 games to start. Could be wrong, just think I remember this reported last year after his release from KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wel that’s true but he wasn’t on a team during that time this wasn’t suspended so I don’t think it even counts. They cut I’m outright.

Interestingly enough before everyone jumps to conclusions is that the Chiefs....Bears and Browns were the three teams considering it. All have ties back to him at KC.

They cut him after going on the commissioner's exempt list, which is basically an indefinite suspension at the behest of ole Roger.

Not sure how I feel about it. Everyone deserves second chances but it’s tough to feel that way when the video evidence is so bad. That being said there have been reports that the incident and witnesses have really backpeddeld what happened. Who knows.

One thing I do know is that people lives get impacted by abuse and both sides deserve to be made whole so to speak. She serves retribution and afforded her rights and he deserves to get a s come chance. If he doesn’t then he will and should be gone for good.

They cut him after going on the commissioner's exempt list, which is basically an indefinite suspension at the behest of ole Roger.

Which is also apparently what he goes immediately back into now that he is signed again.

I thought I read one time the minimum suspension for next year had to be 8 games to start. Could be wrong, just think I remember this reported last year after his release from KC

I read it's a baseline of 6 (I think that is why Zeke got 6) and can go up from there based on evidence. I'd like to think the Browns have an idea what he might be in line for before signing him.
Which is also apparently what he goes immediately back into now that he is signed again.

I don't think he ever left it, he just wasn't able to play without a team and no team would sign him last year knowing he wouldn't play again.

I read it's a baseline of 6 (I think that is why Zeke got 6) and can go up from there based on evidence. I'd like to think the Browns have an idea what he might be in line for before signing him. I don't think he ever left it, he just wasn't able to play without a team and no team would sign him last year knowing he wouldn't play again.

Hmmm maybe not but if you’re not on a team, you’re not suspended and don’t have a chance to play. That’s how I’d interpret it. Like you said....Goodell will decide what’s best for him.

I wonder if he gets the 6 game suspension that Elliott received (since the NFL lacks consistency). I think Jameis got 3 for his antics.
Rapoport says 1 year deal is for over a million, but that doesn't factor in the suspended games. I guessed 8 games based on who the hell knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10 some experts are saying.

Hmmm maybe not but if you’re not on a team, you’re not suspended and don’t have a chance to play. That’s how I’d interpret it. Like you said....Goodell will decide what’s best for him.

Well, looking in the past, Ray Rice was suspended indefinitely after the Ravens released him and never got signed even after being reinstated and eligible to play later that season. We will see how it shakes out. Either way, it's minimal risk with a lot of upside for the Browns.

As a Packer fan, I am quite happy Hunt landed with the Browns, because it was starting to look like he'd end up in Chicago.

Interesting signing... will essentially become like a trade deadline acquisition, which would be huge for a playoff team. I know the Browns are the trendy pick for the AFC North, but as a season ticket ticket holder since 2008 (and fan since birth!), I've been part of too many optimistic preseasons to fully buy in to the idea that this is the year. Hope I'm wrong!

Aaaand Cue the Browns fans telling us how great it is to have a 2 time woman abuser on their team!

I will say that Hunt is a MUCH better back than Chubb and I don't fault them for taking a shot much like the Patriots did with Gordon. It doesn't cost them much other than the PR hit and we all know that NFL teams pay lip service to these issues.

This once again just goes to make my point that if your talented enough someone will give you a shot. Kap isn't that talented.

Aaaand Cue the Browns fans telling us how great it is to have a 2 time woman abuser on their team!

I will say that Hunt is a MUCH better back than Chubb and I don't fault them for taking a shot much like the Patriots did with Gordon. It doesn't cost them much other than the PR hit and we all know that NFL teams pay lip service to these issues.

This once again just goes to make my point that if your talented enough someone will give you a shot. Kap isn't that talented.

At least they don't have a murderer on the team (that we know of). But hey, what do I know? :alien:

At least they don't have a murderer on the team (that we know of). But hey, what do I know? :alien:
What are you insinuating? They cut Hernandez the minute he got arrested. They drafted and then cut Jason Peters due to his domestic stuff.

Show me one player on the Patriots that causes a lot of trouble?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What are you insinuating? They cut Hernandez the minute he got arrested. They drafted and then cut Jason Peters due to his domestic stuff.

Show me one player on the Patriots that causes a lot of trouble?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
T'was only joking man. Don't take it as a personal affront, there was blatant sarcasm there.

I can't believe how quickly Hunt has been picked up. NFL is showing again that you can pretty much do what you want if you're an elite player.
Surely he at least shouldn't be picked up until the league investigation is complete.

T'was only joking man. Don't take it as a personal affront, there was blatant sarcasm there.
No one jokes about the Patriots! No one!
I can't believe how quickly Hunt has been picked up. NFL is showing again that you can pretty much do what you want if you're an elite player.
Surely he at least shouldn't be picked up until the league investigation is complete.
Are you really truly surprised though? Ray Lewis killed a man.

My bad. That's my problem with this type of conversation. Sarcasm gets lost and I love it. Probably why I delete half my posts before hitting send. :)

Truly the NFL does not care about much other than How good you are. If you are good enough someone will give you a shot. FACT!!!

Am I the only one hoping Tyler Murray falls and the Pats move up and get the QB of the future??? Maybe the Cardinals will trade Rosen.

My bad. That's my problem with this type of conversation. Sarcasm gets lost and I love it. Probably why I delete half my posts before hitting send. :)

Truly the NFL does not care about much other than How good you are. If you are good enough someone will give you a shot. FACT!!!

Am I the only one hoping Tyler Murray falls and the Pats move up and get the QB of the future??? Maybe the Cardinals will trade Rosen.

Bro.... wait.... that’s what you think your problem is??? . And here I just thought it was because you’re a Pats fan!

Texans cut Demaryius Thomas

Theres a nice tall physical receiver for the Browns!

Not unexpected, but will they get asking price for him.

Think Brady will retire before it's time to trade any qb drafted this year?

I will say that Hunt is a MUCH better back than Chubb...

Hunt had a great rookie season but Chubb had same rushing td's (1 less receiving) and a higher ypc. And Chubb is bigger and faster... I'd say they're similar for now....and teammates!

Back