Announced, HBO Hard Knocks will feature the Raiders one year before moving to Las Vegas.

With John Gruden, iconic fans, A.Brown, and a whole lot of dysfunctional people working for the Raiders, this could be one great show.

It will be a show but I was thinking a S&*! Show. Will be must watch for sure.

It will be a show but I was thinking a S&*! Show. Will be must watch for sure.
I kinda want this last year in Oakland and next year in Vegas as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

the Hefty Lefty Jared Lorenzen has died at 38 due to complications from an infection

Mayfield will and should be drafted before Brady in fantasy leagues. He has much more upside. But, his value is not great. Drafting Brady later may be the better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only way you might draft Mayfield ahead of Brady is if it's a dynasty league.

Everyone is sky-high on the Browns but with great expectations comes great pressure and many QBs regress in year 2 and there are a lot of Mouths to feed now and keep everyone happy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The only way you might draft Mayfield ahead of Brady is if it's a dynasty league.

Everyone is sky-high on the Browns but with great expectations comes great pressure and many QBs regress in year 2 and there are a lot of Mouths to feed now and keep everyone happy.

Baker will be fine.

Baker has the supporting cast to put up better “fantasy” numbers then Brady. I would draft Baker ahead of Brady. The issue is you need to draft Baker about 3 to 5 rounds earlier then Brady in many leagues that draft late on QBs. I don’t see a large enough difference between the two to merit that pick.

Now, if you are in a league where QBs fly off the board early like a 2 QB league. I would take Baker and be very happy over Brady.

2019 NFL Thread

Sorry wrong thread.

Last edited:
Anyone read/listen to the new Tyreek Hill audio??? I might be crazy but I'm actually inclined to believe him now... Might be a classic example of today's media only releasing certain info in the beginning to make you react the way they want.

After hearing the audio it sounds like his girl is crazy and was trying to set him up. Repeatedly asking him the same questions. Im sure neither of them are perfect/innocent but I get the impression Hill isn't as guilty as we were led to believe.... He'll still get suspended but I dont think he ever beat her or broke the kids arm

Anyone read/listen to the new Tyreek Hill audio??? I might be crazy but I'm actually inclined to believe him now... Might be a classic example of today's media only releasing certain info in the beginning to make you react the way they want.

After hearing the audio it sounds like his girl is crazy and was trying to set him up. Repeatedly asking him the same questions. Im sure neither of them are perfect/innocent but I get the impression Hill isn't as guilty as we were led to believe.... He'll still get suspended but I dont think he ever beat her or broke the kids arm

It showed me they’re both atrocious human beings and I pray that their kid is kept safe from them.

It showed me they’re both atrocious human beings and I pray that their kid is kept safe from them.

Well yes that's the main thing. Should of put in there first I hope the best for the kid

Sadly the NFL would have to contract to about 6 teams if we rid the league of that haha.

Please don't Excuse his behavior because she's also nuts. He pled guilty to choking his pregnant girlfriend in college. The Fact that DYS is involved is sad and his child obviously had been injured and fears his dad.

The real loser is the child his parents are unfit.

He's going to be suspended but he will be playing this year.

2019 NFL Thread

ca84c8657ca5ac88104d62e31b38bbec.jpg

We are just 8 weeks from the start of the NFL real games and less than a week from Camps from opening up. So, I thought we could discuss each division and what the THP community thinks will happen this year with their prospective team.

Gotta start with probably the most popular division here on THP, The AFC NORTH Divison

AFC North Division
1. Baltimore Ravens: 2018 record 10-6
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 8 wins

Major additions: M. Ingram RB, E. Thomas Saftey
Major losses: J. Brown WR, M. Crabtree WR

The Baltimore Ravens have turned into a run, run, and run some more team. Last year they had a whopping 92 total completions with L. Jackson under center when starting. He actually had more rushing attempts per game then completions. Wow!!

Baltimore picked up M. Ingram and he should definitely help the running game. Ingram averaged 4.5 yards per rush on 138 carries last year on NO as the secondary options. On Baltimore, I expect Ingram will get his wish and be the primary ball carrier with over 220 rushes this year.

Baltimore used their 1st draft pick on M. Brown out of Oklahoma. He is one of those small 5'10" WRs with speed. Brown averaged 18.3 yards in college and will help the depleted Ravens receiving corps, but he is coming off a broken foot and that could slow his progress for this year since he couldn't participate in minicamp and wasn't running full speed as of last month.

Defensively, the Ravens should be as stout as they have ever been. Baltimore ranked in the top 5 defense in the league in almost every category and with the addition of Thomas they could be stronger. They are a run and play defense team modeled like they were back in the '60s or '70s. I just don't know if that style can win anymore in today's NFL. We will just have to see in 2019.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers: 2018 Record 9-6-1
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 9.5 wins

Major additions: D. Moncrief WR, M. Barron DB
Major losses: L. Bell RB, A. Brown WR

Pittsburgh could be a much different team this year without Bell or Brown, but they will only go as far as Big Ben takes them. When you have a Hall of Fame QB, you should always be looking at making the playoffs and last year was a down year for the Steelers. Will Ben get the Steelers back into the playoffs?

James Conner did a fantastic job replacing L. Bell. He doesn't have the receiving skills of Bell, but he proved he could be an every-down bell cow. Conner had 55 receptions, 1470 total yards, and 13 TDS. Any team in the NFL would love to have that kind of production from their, at the time, number 2 RB.

JuJu Smith-Schuster had a fantastic 111 receptions last year as the 2nd option for the Steelers, but this year he will be facing the opponents top DBs and double coverage. Can JuJu still produce when he doesn't have the protection of A. Brown? That is going to be a big question for the Steelers. How to get JuJu open with rolled coverage or finding that second option in either Moncrief or Washington to help replace the missing offense from last year.

Defensively, the Steelers were a top 10 defense last year and drafting D. Bush LB 10th overall should help keep them rolling. If the Steelers can find a replacement for A. Brown on Offense I would expect another plus 8 win season and a fight for the division with Cleveland.

3. Cleveland Browns: 2018 record 7-8-1
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 9 wins

Major additions: Odell Beckham WR, K. Hunt RB
Major losses: none

First, full-year coach Freddie Kitchens has an offense that most 1st year coaches dream of. He has a young talented QB in B. Mayfield, a young RB in N. Chubb, and a WR corp that boasts OBJ and J. Landry. Who wouldn't take that as a new coach? The sky is the limit here. Could Cleveland finally take a step towards a better than 8-8 record? When is the last time they actually had a winning record? We would have to travel back in time to 2007 (10-6). Better yet, Cleveland has had only TWO seasons with a better record than 8-8 since 1994's 11-5 season and a playoff win. Crazy don't you think?

I could break down Cleveland's offense, but they are loaded in every position. RBs of Chubb and eventually Hunt, WRs of OBJ, Landry, and Callaway, TE of Njoku. If the offensive line can keep Mayfield upright he is in for one hell of a season.

On Defense, the Browns have some stacked players on the D-Line; M. Garrett is a stud, but still, rank almost last against the rush last year and scoring defense. That is probably why Cleveland spend their entire draft say a 6th round pick for a tackle on defense. Cleveland didn't have a 1st round pick as they traded it away for OBJ. Yeah, I would say he was worth the pick.

Will Cleveland live up to the hype they are receiving this year? I don't know, but on paper, they look like a strong team.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: 2018 record 6-10
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 6 wins

Major additions: John Miller OL, K. Wynn DB

Cincinnati has been a team that many just kept thinking they would be good and it never materialized. The Bengals finally fired Marvin Lewis and I am thinking Bengals' fans are saying about bleeping time. Zac Taylor is Cincinnati's new coach and I am sure Bengal fans are hoping he can bring the Rams offense to the Bengals and get Dalton finally on track.

This is a big year for Dalton. He just has never lived up to his billing and if he doesn't find a way to produce this year, I expect the new coach will be looking to draft his replacement. Dalton started 11 games last year and had 21 TDs. That is not bad, but he is relying on a healthy AJ Green and last year breakout WR T. Boyd to increase on those numbers.

Cincinnati looks to have a young stud RB in J. Mixon. If he stays on the field he is the 3 down back that all offenses can build around. Mixon had 1464 total yards, 43 rec, and 9 TDs in 14 games. He is ready to explode this year and Cincinnati and Dalton will probably lean on him to do so.

Defensively the Bengals are just plain bad. I mean they stink is putting it nicely. They ranked 30 out of 32 teams on defense. Yet, even though the defense is so bad they didn't spend their 1st draft pick on that side of the ball. Cincinnati drafted young very talented J. Willimas to anchor their offensive line. They are a team that is going to be building, but for fantasy purposes, they could be a fun team to watch.

So, there is the AFC North breakdown. What are your thoughts on how this division will shake out? I have the breakdown of Pittsburgh winning the division with a 10-6 record, Cleveland tied with 10-6, Baltimore with 7-9, and Cincinnati pulling up the rear and maybe even a top 3 draft pick at 5-11. Let's hear it.

Last edited:
ca84c8657ca5ac88104d62e31b38bbec.jpg

We are just 8 weeks from the start of the NFL real games and less than a week from Camps from opening up. So, I thought we could discuss each division and what the THP community thinks will happen this year with their prospective team.

Gotta start with probably the most popular division here on THP, The AFC NORTH Divison

AFC North Division
1. Baltimore Ravens: 2018 record 10-6
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 8 wins

Major additions: M. Ingram RB, E. Thomas Saftey
Major losses: J. Brown WR, M. Crabtree WR

The Baltimore Ravens have turned into a run, run, and run some more team. Last year they had a whopping 92 total completions with L. Jackson under center when starting. He actually had more rushing attempts per game then completions. Wow!!

Baltimore picked up M. Ingram and he should definitely help the running game. Ingram averaged 4.5 yards per rush on 138 carries last year on NO as the secondary options. On Baltimore, I expect Ingram will get his wish and be the primary ball carrier with over 220 rushes this year.

Baltimore used their 1st draft pick on M. Brown out of Oklahoma. He is one of those small 5'10" WRs with speed. Brown averaged 18.3 yards in college and will help the depleted Ravens receiving corps, but he is coming off a broken foot and that could slow his progress for this year since he couldn't participate in minicamp and wasn't running full speed as of last month.

Defensively, the Ravens should be as stout as they have ever been. Baltimore ranked in the top 5 defense in the league in almost every category and with the addition of Thomas they could be stronger. They are a run and play defense team modeled like they were back in the '60s or '70s. I just don't know if that style can win anymore in today's NFL. We will just have to see in 2019.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers: 2018 Record 9-6-1
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 9.5 wins

Major additions: D. Moncrief WR, M. Barron DB
Major losses: L. Bell RB, A. Brown WR

Pittsburgh could be a much different team this year without Bell or Brown, but they will only go as far as Big Ben takes them. When you have a Hall of Fame QB, you should always be looking at making the playoffs and last year was a down year for the Steelers. Will Ben get the Steelers back into the playoffs?

James Conner did a fantastic job replacing L. Bell. He doesn't have the receiving skills of Bell, but he proved he could be an every-down bell cow. Conner had 55 receptions, 1470 total yards, and 13 TDS. Any team in the NFL would love to have that kind of production from their, at the time, number 2 RB.

JuJu Smith-Schuster had a fantastic 111 receptions last year as the 2nd option for the Steelers, but this year he will be facing the opponents top DBs and double coverage. Can JuJu still produce when he doesn't have the protection of A. Brown? That is going to be a big question for the Steelers. How to get JuJu open with rolled coverage or finding that second option in either Moncrief or Washington to help replace the missing offense from last year.

Defensively, the Steelers were a top 10 defense last year and drafting D. Bush LB 10th overall should help keep them rolling. If the Steelers can find a replacement for A. Brown on Offense I would expect another plus 8 win season and a fight for the division with Cleveland.

3. Cleveland Browns: 2018 record 7-8-1
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 9 wins

Major additions: Odell Beckham WR, K. Hunt RB

First, full-year coach Freddie Kitchens has an offense that most 1st year coaches dream of. He has a young talented QB in B. Mayfield, a young RB in N. Chubb, and a WR corp that boasts OBJ and J. Landry. Who wouldn't take that as a new coach? The sky is the limit here. Could Cleveland finally take a step towards a better than 8-8 record? When is the last time they actually had a winning record? We would have to travel back in time to 2007 (10-6). Better yet, Cleveland has had only TWO seasons with a better record than 8-8 since 1994's 11-5 season and a playoff win. Crazy don't you think?

I could break down Cleveland's offense, but they are loaded in every position. RBs of Chubb and eventually Hunt, WRs of OBJ, Landry, and Callaway, TE of Howard. If the offensive line can keep Mayfield upright he is in for one hell of a season.

On Defense, the Browns have some stacked players on the D-Line; M. Garrett is a stud, but still, rank almost last against the rush last year and scoring defense. That is probably why Cleveland spend their entire draft say a 6th round pick for a tackle on defense. Cleveland didn't have a 1st round pick as they traded it away for OBJ. Yeah, I would say he was worth the pick.

Will Cleveland live up to the hype they are receiving this year? I don't know, but on paper, they look like a strong team.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: 2018 record 6-10
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 6 wins

Major additions: John Miller OL, K. Wynn DB

Cincinnati has been a team that many just kept thinking they would be good and it never materialized. The Bengals finally fired Marvin Lewis and I am thinking Bengals' fans are saying about bleeping time. Zac Taylor is Cincinnati's new coach and I am sure Bengal fans are hoping he can bring the Rams offense to the Bengals and get Dalton finally on track.

This is a big year for Dalton. He just has never lived up to his billing and if he doesn't find a way to produce this year, I expect the new coach will be looking to draft his replacement. Dalton started 11 games last year and had 21 TDs. That is not bad, but he is relying on a healthy AJ Green and last year breakout WR T. Boyd to increase on those numbers.

Cincinnati looks to have a young stud RB in J. Mixon. If he stays on the field he is the 3 down back that all offenses can build around. Mixon had 1464 total yards, 43 rec, and 9 TDs in 14 games. He is ready to explode this year and Cincinnati and Dalton will probably lean on him to do so.

Defensively the Bengals are just plain bad. I mean they stink is putting it nicely. They ranked 30 out of 32 teams on defense. Yet, even though the defense is so bad they didn't spend their 1st draft pick on that side of the ball. Cincinnati drafted young very talented J. Willimas to anchor their offensive line. They are a team that is going to be building, but for fantasy purposes, they could be a fun team to watch.

So, there is the AFC North breakdown. What are your thoughts on how this division will shake out? I have the breakdown of Pittsburgh winning the division with a 10-6 record, Cleveland tied with 10-6, Baltimore with 7-9, and Cincinnati pulling up the rear and maybe even a top 3 draft pick at 5-11. Let's hear it.

I'll take the over on the 8 Baltimore wins.

Forgot to add Mosley as a major loss for Ravens, losing him will have more impact than either of the two WRs listed.

Forgot to add Mosley as a major loss for Ravens, losing him will have more impact than either of the two WRs listed.

They will have a very tough time getting to 9 wins. They have a tough division with Pitt and Cleveland. Jackson has to become an actual QB, with more completions then rushes, plus they have to play KC, Sea, Hou, and Rams. I don’t think three teams in the AFC North will get to 9 wins, so I have to put Baltimore as the odd team out. 7-9.

They will have a very tough time getting to 9 wins. They have a tough division with Pitt and Cleveland. Jackson has to become an actual QB, with more completions then rushes, plus they have to play KC, Sea, Hou, and Rams. I don’t think three teams in the AFC North will get to 9 wins, so I have to put Baltimore as the odd team out. 7-9.

I have Pitt as the odd man out in that division. I think Baltimore is a better team top to bottom. Cleveland is good on paper and will most likely do well, but ask the 2011 Eagles about having names on a roster that you expect to win.

Lost Suggs too...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Cleveland TE is Njoku

Cleveland TE is Njoku

Yep made that change. I mistakenly had OJ Howard instead of D. Njoku

Yep made that change. I mistakenly had OJ Howard instead of D. Njoku

I hope Njoku ends up fulfilling his tremendous athletic ability. Seems like a good dude and he has a voice made for sports commentator.

Comingfor7.png

:micdrop:

2102165de64b32a7817a13739becda5d.gif

Hopefully we will have some new blood in the NFL elite club this year. Just as long as it is not the Browns.

Hopefully we will have some new blood in the NFL elite club this year. Just as long as it is not the Browns.

Yeah, because they have won way too much lately. I'm sure everyone is sick of their decades of dominance:alien:

Oh, wait. It's not the 1950's? Nevermind.

2019 NFL Thread

65a44d63201e14054901c0c1aa4a0e00.jpg

NFL Camps are starting to open. This week we see Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Denver, Detroit, NY Jets, New Orleans, and Seattle opening with the remaining teams next week.

Let's discuss the 2019 AFC West Division

AFC West Division
1. Kansas City Chiefs: 2018 record 12-4
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 10.5 wins

Major additions: T. Mathieu Safety, F. Clark DE, B. Breeland DB
Major losses: J. Houston DE, D. Ford DE, K. Hunt RB, E. Berry DB

The Chiefs had most of their team changes on the defensive side minus the change from Hunt. However, the offense didn't see to lose a beat with young superstar QB Mahomes at the helm. In just his second year at QB, Mahomes passed for 50 Tds on only 12 ints. Add another 272 Rushing YRDs and an additional 2 Tds and you can see why Reid drafted Mahomes at 10th overall in the 2017 draft.

The Chiefs have named Williams as the starting RB for 2019. He only had a small sample size with 50 rushes and 256 yards, but he looks very impressive. The eventual suspension of Tyreek Hill will be interesting to see how the offense can reproduce those big plays from Hill that completely opened the middle of the field for Kelce and Watkins. Still, the offense of the Chiefs looks as dominating as ever depending on how long Hill is eventually suspended.

On defense, the chiefs had a full makeover and not necessarily are better. There was a lot of changes and we will just have to wait to see how the loss of Houston affects the pass rush. Fantasy wise, the Chiefs will have a bunch of high round draft picks and will be fun to watch.

2. Los Angeles Chargers: 2018 Record 12-4
Las Vegas odds over and under win total for 2019: 9.5 wins

Major Additions: T. Taylor QB, T. Davis LB
Major Losses: T. Williams WR, A. Gates TE, B. Mebane DL

I think outside of LA and San Diego and maybe not LA, that much, looking at how many fans attend their games, if you asked how good the Chargers are and I think most would say average at best. But, they were 12-4 and a force last year. They have a very balanced team on offense and defense. Ranked top 10 on defense and around the middle on offense. Phillip Rivers isn't getting any younger which we could say about many of the playoff teams from 2018. Some would argue that Rivers deserves to be in the NFL Hall of Fame once he decides to retire. I would say that he is very good, but not elite when it comes to winning playoff football. With that said, he probably will lead the Chargers to another decent record this year.

A. Gates, Rivers' security blanket has finally left and the replacement is Hunter Henry. Henry if healthy from last year's injury could be a very good replacement. No doubting K. Allens talents as being one of the best WRs in the league and Gordon, depending on his holdout, will round out another good year of Offense. Gordon will be a big loss if he does holdout ala L. Bell last year. Eckler is just not the same type of player. It isn't that I think Gordon is really a talented RB. Just that he is a volume monster and you can count on him to be there for all three downs and goal line if necessary.

Defensively, the Chargers is a really good team. Bosa and Ingram should be a strong DL package to rush the QBs this season. Chargers used their 1st round pick on J. Tillrey and hoping he can plug the middle which they need to improve on. All and all, the Chargers should be decent on defense and if Bosa can get back to his 2016/17 form will have the rush on QBs that will be needed to win on defense.

3. Denver Broncos: 2018 Record: 6-10
Las Vegas odds over and under win total 2019: 7 wins

Major Additions: J. Flacco QB
Major Losses: C. Keenum QB, D. Thomas WR, a whole bunch of players

Denver looks to be a team in the state of flux. They don't want to go with a complete rebuild since they traded for J. Flacco, but just don't seem to have the horses to compete in a loaded AFC West Division. Flacco is probably coming to the end of his career and to be honest I have no idea how he still has teams thinking he will win for them. I know he wan a lot of games in Baltimore, but I could those wins on the defense and good coaching.

Denver has two possible good RBs in Lindsey and Freeman and maybe a young starting caliber WRs in Sutton. Emmanuel Sanders is coming back from major injury and Denver has no TE worth discussing. Will Sutton step up and will Flacco be able to move the ball enough to score will be interesting this year.

Denver does have one bright spot and that is on defense. Miller and Chubb are a force to be reckoned with. They give many opposing QBs fits with their pass rush. You can't double team everyone and that gives both many opportunities to rush the QB for sacks. Denver will need to play a run the ball and play defense hoping for low scoring games this year to win. I expect another very long year for Denver.

4. Oakland Raider: 2018 Record: 4-12
Las Vegas odds for over and under win totals: 6 wins

Major Additions: A. Brown WR, T. Williams Wr, Bunch of others
Major Losses: M. Lynch RB, J. Nelson WR, J. Cook TE

Oakland made a big splash this year trading for A. Brown from Pittsburgh and also signed T. Williams to handle the deep routes. With the 1st round draft pick of Josh Jacobs, the Raiders offense will have a completely different look for Carr. This could be Carr's last year to show he can be a starting NFL QB. Carr signed a monster contract back in 2017, so Oakland is looking for him to finally show he was worth all that money. Although the Raiders gave Carr a bunch of new weapons, they did lose Cook and didn't replace him with anyone of note. Oakland also signed Trent Brown from the Patriots, so they could have a fun offense to watch this year.

Defensively, Oakland lost a lot with the Khalil Mack trade, but they are hoping that 1st round picks Clelin Ferrell DE and Johnathan Abrams S along with Trayvon Mullen CB will be suitable replacements. The Raiders were a hot pick team just last year when Gruden took over the team last year. He is completely changing the team from the inside out and we just will have to see if the NFL has passed him by or will he be the genius that everyone says he is.

There is the AFC West. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Back