Yeah, because they have won way too much lately. I'm sure everyone is sick of their decades of dominance:alien:

Oh, wait. It's not the 1950's? Nevermind.

Oh I know they have been terrible. That is how I want them to stay. I am a long suffering Bengals fan.

Oh I know they have been terrible. That is how I want them to stay. I am a long suffering Bengals fan.

I feel your pain. As a kid my 4 brothers and I each had to pick a team to follow (mainly because we each painted our own electric football team). Since my two older brothers chose the Browns and Packers, they convinced me to choose the Bengals (new team). So I rooted for them during their early years & was bummed when they lost the Super Bowl.

Excited that the THP Fantasy Football thread is up.

65a44d63201e14054901c0c1aa4a0e00.jpg

NFL Camps are starting to open. This week we see Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Denver, Detroit, NY Jets, New Orleans, and Seattle opening with the remaining teams next week.

Let's discuss the 2019 AFC West Division

AFC West Division
1. Kansas City Chiefs: 2018 record 12-4
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 10.5 wins

Major additions: T. Mathieu Safety, F. Clark DE, B. Breeland DB
Major losses: J. Houston DE, D. Ford DE, K. Hunt RB, E. Berry DB

The Chiefs had most of their team changes on the defensive side minus the change from Hunt. However, the offense didn't see to lose a beat with young superstar QB Mahomes at the helm. In just his second year at QB, Mahomes passed for 50 Tds on only 12 ints. Add another 272 Rushing YRDs and an additional 2 Tds and you can see why Reid drafted Mahomes at 10th overall in the 2017 draft.

The Chiefs have named Williams as the starting RB for 2019. He only had a small sample size with 50 rushes and 256 yards, but he looks very impressive. The eventual suspension of Tyreek Hill will be interesting to see how the offense can reproduce those big plays from Hill that completely opened the middle of the field for Kelce and Watkins. Still, the offense of the Chiefs looks as dominating as ever depending on how long Hill is eventually suspended.

On defense, the chiefs had a full makeover and not necessarily are better. There was a lot of changes and we will just have to wait to see how the loss of Houston affects the pass rush. Fantasy wise, the Chiefs will have a bunch of high round draft picks and will be fun to watch.

2. Los Angeles Chargers: 2018 Record 12-4
Las Vegas odds over and under win total for 2019: 9.5 wins

Major Additions: T. Taylor QB, T. Davis LB
Major Losses: T. Williams WR, A. Gates TE, B. Mebane DL

I think outside of LA and San Diego and maybe not LA, that much, looking at how many fans attend their games, if you asked how good the Chargers are and I think most would say average at best. But, they were 12-4 and a force last year. They have a very balanced team on offense and defense. Ranked top 10 on defense and around the middle on offense. Phillip Rivers isn't getting any younger which we could say about many of the playoff teams from 2018. Some would argue that Rivers deserves to be in the NFL Hall of Fame once he decides to retire. I would say that he is very good, but not elite when it comes to winning playoff football. With that said, he probably will lead the Chargers to another decent record this year.

A. Gates, Rivers' security blanket has finally left and the replacement is Hunter Henry. Henry if healthy from last year's injury could be a very good replacement. No doubting K. Allens talents as being one of the best WRs in the league and Gordon, depending on his holdout, will round out another good year of Offense. Gordon will be a big loss if he does holdout ala L. Bell last year. Eckler is just not the same type of player. It isn't that I think Gordon is really a talented RB. Just that he is a volume monster and you can count on him to be there for all three downs and goal line if necessary.

Defensively, the Chargers is a really good team. Bosa and Ingram should be a strong DL package to rush the QBs this season. Chargers used their 1st round pick on J. Tillrey and hoping he can plug the middle which they need to improve on. All and all, the Chargers should be decent on defense and if Bosa can get back to his 2016/17 form will have the rush on QBs that will be needed to win on defense.

3. Denver Broncos: 2018 Record: 6-10
Las Vegas odds over and under win total 2019: 7 wins

Major Additions: J. Flacco QB
Major Losses: C. Keenum QB, D. Thomas WR, a whole bunch of players

Denver looks to be a team in the state of flux. They don't want to go with a complete rebuild since they traded for J. Flacco, but just don't seem to have the horses to compete in a loaded AFC West Division. Flacco is probably coming to the end of his career and to be honest I have no idea how he still has teams thinking he will win for them. I know he wan a lot of games in Baltimore, but I could those wins on the defense and good coaching.

Denver has two possible good RBs in Lindsey and Freeman and maybe a young starting caliber WRs in Sutton. Emmanuel Sanders is coming back from major injury and Denver has no TE worth discussing. Will Sutton step up and will Flacco be able to move the ball enough to score will be interesting this year.

Denver does have one bright spot and that is on defense. Miller and Chubb are a force to be reckoned with. They give many opposing QBs fits with their pass rush. You can't double team everyone and that gives both many opportunities to rush the QB for sacks. Denver will need to play a run the ball and play defense hoping for low scoring games this year to win. I expect another very long year for Denver.

4. Oakland Raider: 2018 Record: 4-12
Las Vegas odds for over and under win totals: 6 wins

Major Additions: A. Brown WR, T. Williams Wr, Bunch of others
Major Losses: M. Lynch RB, J. Nelson WR, J. Cook TE

Oakland made a big splash this year trading for A. Brown from Pittsburgh and also signed T. Williams to handle the deep routes. With the 1st round draft pick of Josh Jacobs, the Raiders offense will have a completely different look for Carr. This could be Carr's last year to show he can be a starting NFL QB. Carr signed a monster contract back in 2017, so Oakland is looking for him to finally show he was worth all that money. Although the Raiders gave Carr a bunch of new weapons, they did lose Cook and didn't replace him with anyone of note. Oakland also signed Trent Brown from the Patriots, so they could have a fun offense to watch this year.

Defensively, Oakland lost a lot with the Khalil Mack trade, but they are hoping that 1st round picks Clelin Ferrell DE and Johnathan Abrams S along with Trayvon Mullen CB will be suitable replacements. The Raiders were a hot pick team just last year when Gruden took over the team last year. He is completely changing the team from the inside out and we just will have to see if the NFL has passed him by or will he be the genius that everyone says he is.

There is the AFC West. What are your thoughts?
Great write up for the AFC West. I like Chargers they always seem to be in the mix. It will be interesting to see how teams adjust to Mahomes. Hunt was special but it looks like Hill might escape a lengthy suspension.

Oakland could be a huge sleeper but then again it's Oakland. I am really looking forward to the Raiders moving to Vegas. ROAD TRIP!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oakland could be a huge sleeper but then again it's Oakland. I am really looking forward to the Raiders moving to Vegas. ROAD TRIP!!

I can’t imagine how busy Vegas is going to be opening weekend next year when the Raiders move into their new home. I expect they get the Monday night game to open the stadium.

Being the fact that I go to Vegas each year since 2001 for the first week of the NFL, I have seen how the town has dwindled in tourism. Boy, the days of getting hotel specials for that weekend are going to be a thing of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! According to reports, Tyreek Hill will NOT be suspended at all.

No discipline at all.

No discipline at all.

I couldn't dislike Goodell any more than I do right now.

No discipline at all.

I couldn't dislike Goodell any more than I do right now.

I would say I am shocked but as we have seen The NFL does what it wants irregardless of the evidence.
I am sure all the Chiefs fans are ecstatic. Too bad they still have Andy Reid as a coach!

No discipline at all.

Based on the most recent stuff, honestly Im not surprised.

If only he could play to 60!
957229dcd22446254b76d255bae21e7c.jpg

Colts camp starts today!!!!!

Any sort of meaningful football in December to perhaps push for a wild card would be nice this season!

3c1b9e40c0a45f34ea39693812641e5c.jpg

Just watched the latest season of All or Nothing with the Carolina Panthers on Amazon. It's definitely got me in the mood for some Bears football. Preseason is right around the corner!!

Patriots started camp today! Season Tickets showed up yesterday but haven't got the opportunity to open the box.

Patriots started camp today! Season Tickets showed up yesterday but haven't got the opportunity to open the box.

Maybe just throw in the trash...

Best Baker Mayfield quote from day one of training camp:

Q: 'What was the most important thing you learned in college to prepare you for the pros?"

BM: "Don't run from the cops."

That's pretty good advice for life!

Baker Mayfield seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Cleveland has a lot of talent but no experience it will certainly interesting to see if they can put it all together.

STEMMY66 this was also included in the box!
980172a2864efafb21085f48a899ce0c.jpg

f7bb2f71cd34fbbab4d0abb37e2294bd.jpg

Last edited:
First game is Thursday and I could not be more excited!!!!

I love that Jerry Jones put that out, although a Jerry Jones team has never won a super bowl without a rushing champ.

Not even sending back a counter, tells me this might be about skipping camp.

I love that Jerry Jones put that out, although a Jerry Jones team has never won a super bowl without a rushing champ.

Not even sending back a counter, tells me this might be about skipping camp.

Just don't be skipping up on any females while taking over Cabo then I guess.

This NFL Top 100 makes me chuckle.. Quenton Nelson doesn’t crack the top 100?!? He was an All-Pro last year.

Zeke is a really interesting holdout. Because he is still on his rookie contract and he must get four years in before he even qualifies for free agency, he has to report by August 6th. So, if he doesn’t report by then I guess he might as well not show up until he gets paid. Now, will the cowboys hold true as they still have the leverage. Zeke can holdout the whole year, but still has no choice but to play next year then.

Gotta think zeke reports in time then holds out in full next summer or year.

Zeke is a really interesting holdout. Because he is still on his rookie contract and he must get four years in before he even qualifies for free agency, he has to report by August 6th. So, if he doesn’t report by then I guess he might as well not show up until he gets paid. Now, will the cowboys hold true as they still have the leverage. Zeke can holdout the whole year, but still has no choice but to play next year then.

Gotta think zeke reports in time then holds out in full next summer or year.

I know his agent and agency far too well (same as Faulk had) and he plays too many games for my taste (he and seek deserve each other). 2 years left, he wants to miss training camp, but the flip side is there are teams paying 10 mill for a RB now. I wouldn’t, especially with Cooper and needing a QB, but it happens.

2019 NFL Thread

29da3ae34eac2cf3279bff186996c697.jpg

Football is Back Tonight!!!

The NFL preseason opens tonight with Denver against Atlanta and although the starters probably won't play a down, it's still football and I can't wait.

To get back on the Seasonal Preview talk, let's talk discuss the NFC South.

NFC South Division
1. New Orleans Saints: 2018 record 13-3
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 10.5 wins

Major additions: L. Murray RB, J. Cook TE, M. Brown DL
Major losses: M. Ingram RB, M. Unger C, A. Okafor DE

The Saints have eventual Hall of Famer Drew Brees still playing well and great weapons for him to score plenty of points in Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, Ted Ginn, and newly acquired Jared Cook. They also have a possible breakout player in Tre'Quan Smith and with Michael Thomas now signed and not holding out the sky is the limit. Unless Brees takes a step back due to age most have to think the Saints offense is one of if not the best offense in football. My personal opinion is that I think father time is about to catch up with Brees, but I still can't see them not making the playoffs and winning their division over the Falcons or the Panthers.

On the other side in defense, the Saints are loaded as well. You have stud defensive players like Cameron Jordan and Marshon Lattimore to rush the quarterback and shut down the opponent's top receiver. The Saints have drafted well on both sides of the ball and might have one of the most complete teams in the NFL.

2. Atlanta: 2018 record 7-9
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 8.5 wins

Major additions: K. Barner RB, J. Brown OL, J. Carpenter OL
Major losses: T. Coleman RB, J. Bethel DB, B. Poole DB

To say the Falcons disappointed last year is an understatement. Just a couple years removed from the biggest Super Bowl collapse in history they didn't even make the playoffs. The Falcons have a past MVP QB in Matt Ryan and with Julio Jones and very promising young WR Calvin Ridley, the Falcons will probably be a pass-first team again this year. Devonta Freeman was pledged with injuries last year, and if the Falcons want to be more balanced on offense they will need him to stay on the field and perform since their one-two punch of Freeman/Coleman will not be available this year. Will Ito Smith be able to break out this year and be the player the Falcons believe? This will be interesting to see as I believe he will get the opportunities. I also could see Ryan coming close to his 5000 yards and 35 TDS from last year, but that is a tall order to ask of him year in and year out. Ryan will get a big boost on the offensive line with two first-round picks in Chris Lindstrom and Kaleb McGary. Ryan was hit a crazy 108 times and sacked 42.

Over on Defense, there is not much to talk about here. The Falcons were average last year and didn't seem to bring in many players to improve. I expect the defense is going to lean on Ryan to score plenty of points and stay on the field to help keep them fresh.

3. Carolina Panthers: 2018 record 7-9
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 7.5wins

Major additions: A. Robinson WR, G. McCoy DL, B. Irvin DL
Major losses: K. Barner RB, D. Funchess WR, M. Kalil OL

With the emergence last year of Christian McCaffrey in both the running and passing game, Carolina finally had someone they could rely on besides Cam Newton to produce offensive numbers. However, the weaknesses at WR and with aging Greg Olsen the question of how the Panther will move the ball down the field to score will be questionable. Newton might have the most talent of any QB in the NFL, but sometimes he just doesn't perform or losses himself mentally and that has cost the Panters time and time again.

Defensively, the Panthers ranked toward the back half and probably will be there again this year. Maybe the addition of 1st round pick Brian Burns will help create more pressure on quarterbacks this season. The Panthers were ranked 27th in the league in sacks last year. With the Panthers moving to a 3-4 system they definitely will need better performances on defense to win more than 7 games this year.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 2018 record 5-11
Las Vegas odds over and under wins for 2019: 6.5 wins

Major additions: Bruce Arians Head Coach
Major losses: R. Fitzpatrick QB, D. Jackson WR, G. McCoy DL

The Bucs are what they are, a bad football team. Jamison Winston will need to finally show he was worth that 1st overall pick back in 2015. He performed like he was a future franchise quarterback back in 2016 with over 4000 yrds and 28tds in just his second year, however, he has digressed each year since. The biggest addition for the Bucs this off-season was the man at the top, Bruce Arians. Arians is a fantastic coach and if anyone can get the most out of Winston it will be Arians. The Bucs are weak at RB with Peyton Barber, but very strong at WR and TE with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and OJ Howard. I could see this team being a fantasy dream if Winston can produce.

Defensively, the Bucs were so bad last year. They gave up a whomping 29 points per game last year. Only the Oakland Raiders were worse. They ranked 26th in passing yards and 24th in rushing yards allowed in 2018. That is probably why the Bucs spent virtually their entire draft (6 out of 8) on the defensive side of the ball. The lone two draft picks not spent on defense were 5th round pick kicker Matt Gay and 6th round pick WR Scott Miller.

Let's hear your thoughts on the NFC South Division.

Back