How hard is it to get a field ready to play when you have months' notice? Mexico and now Winnipeg have been absolute disasters.

As much as I hate the Preseason, it would have been nice for Green Bay's first string offense to get a couple series in this year with a new offense. I don't love going into Chicago against that defense with no live reps.

JMB3;n8886145 said:
How hard is it to get a field ready to play when you have months' notice? Mexico and now Winnipeg have been absolute disasters.

From someone who lives in Manitoba, and is a faithful Winnipeg Blue Bombers Fan ...... the field is prepped for CFL football. Artificial turf, wider field, longer field, and longer end zones.
We had a home game there 7 days ago, last Thursday.

How long does it take to completely repaint your field, and move goal posts? I honestly don't know.
They aren't playing on a soccer pitch. They aren't playing in a field somewhere. They are playing on a CFL football field, in a stadium that regularly sells out for CFL games.

This whole NFL preseason game thing has been a s**tshow. No other team in the league wanted it, so for some reason we took it. Ticket sales sucked because they want like 80 - 160 bucks a seat for the worst nosebleed seats. They then slashed ticket prices last week hoping to sell more tickets. They also (ticketmaster) is refusing to refund the pricing difference (ie. if you paid $300 for a ticket, this week it is $120, and are saying 'eff you).

braddman19;n8886175 said:
From someone who lives in Manitoba, and is a faithful Winnipeg Blue Bombers Fan ...... the field is prepped for CFL football. Artificial turf, wider field, longer field, and longer end zones.
We had a home game there 7 days ago, last Thursday.

How long does it take to completely repaint your field, and move goal posts? I honestly don't know.
They aren't playing on a soccer pitch. They aren't playing in a field somewhere. They are playing on a CFL football field, in a stadium that regularly sells out for CFL games.

This whole NFL preseason game thing has been a s**tshow. No other team in the league wanted it, so for some reason we took it. Ticket sales sucked because they want like 80 - 160 bucks a seat for the worst nosebleed seats. They then slashed ticket prices last week hoping to sell more tickets. They also (ticketmaster) is refusing to refund the pricing difference (ie. if you paid $300 for a ticket, this week it is $120, and are saying 'eff you).

Sucks for those who paid those prices and are now stuck watching just 3rd and 4th stringers.

What I do not understand is that everyone must have known the goal posts were going to need to be moved. Moving them has left big holes in the end zone, which the NFL has deemed an unplayable surface, so the field is shortened to 80 yards and kickoffs are eliminated. Did no one think of this "hole in the turf" issue before pregame?

And there probably goes EQ's season with a knee. Gawd, I hate the Preseason...

JMB3;n8886339 said:
And there probably goes EQ's season with a knee. Gawd, I hate the Preseason...

That hit was brutal. Hopefully it’s time for Kumerow to step up. Love that guy. Hope Trevor Davis stays healthy too.

Boder;n8886384 said:
That hit was brutal. Hopefully it’s time for Kumerow to step up. Love that guy. Hope Trevor Davis stays healthy too.

Same; Davis looked great tonight. I think Kumerow is the real deal. He's big, strong, and gets open. Rodgers loves him, which means you can probably set the over/under on TD's at 5 or 6. I'm most curious about MVS. With his speed, he could be a big time player in LaFleur's offense.

Fournette is going to be a steal in fantasy football this year. A steal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bucs defense has looked surprisingly decent.

Which is good, because the offense has been a dumpster fire. RBs have done nothing, Offensive line is atrocious, and we still can't connect down field. The only positive has been Godwin.

Andrew Luck is RETIRING from the NFL per Schefter. The Colts are screwed.

Wow luck retiring that's crazy.

Colts have a long road ahead

Man, what a dissapointing end to a career that could have been great.

Luck retiring seems like the sort of bad thing that could only happen to the Lions...except it's not the Lions.

arydolphin;n8888829 said:
Andrew Luck is RETIRING from the NFL per Schefter. The Colts are screwed.

Damn, that's unexpected. Just saw that on the crawl during the Miami-UF game. Hopefully the Colts had a backup plan since Luck hasn't been too available this off-season/pre-season.

As unexpected as the Luck news is, when you think of what he has gone through on the injury-front, it's really not too surprising. Guy has been battling to get back each of the past few years, just to have some other set back. Gotta feel for Colts fans who were rightfully excited after last season.

Adam Schefter is a bit of a BS artist. Mentally worn down? Uh, OK

Even though its just preseason, good to see the Cowboys throttle the Texans

Wow...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Just crazy news.

I can only imagine he was told he will need to go on IR for his ankle and he said I am done.

If actually happening, I expect him to unretire when the Colts are 0-4

Russell Wilson should now be the undisputed best player of the 2012 Draft

And OJ just released a twitter video ranting that he just drafted Andrew Luck in his fantasy league an hour before. If Andrew disappears, I know who the first suspect is.

gmiller598;n8888888 said:
And OJ just released a twitter video ranting that he just drafted Andrew Luck in his fantasy league an hour before. If Andrew disappears, I know who the first suspect is.

852887adbac272a2c93dbaea57be234e.gif

I really can't fault anyone for finally giving up on the idea of months of physical therapy so they can sustain more blows to the head for a paycheck. At least now he can rest up his ankle without feeling like his "reward" for reasonable health is another year of abuse.

Luck just got married a few months ago. Good on him for deciding to enjoy his life with family and a bunch of money already in his pocket before age 30 instead of continuing to get professionally beat up.

showtime;n8888916 said:
Luck just got married a few months ago. Good on him for deciding to enjoy his life with family and a bunch of money already in his pocket before age 30 instead of continuing to get professionally beat up.

I agree completely. Luck is a smart, great guy. He may slip out of the limelight now, but I expect he'll live a very fulfilling, meaningful life.

Back