I can't remember, did the Colts have the foresight to draft a QB at all this season?

This is why Fantasy Football drafts before next week are a bad idea.
Luck - Retired
Miller - Might be gone for year

it's not just his current contract he's walking away from (including signing bonuses that the Colts can ask back), it's the next post-Mahomes contract he's walking away from as well

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"174","width":"310","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/E2sjRNc.png"}[/IMG2]

Luck thing all goes back to Grigson as GM trying to win right away vs. building a team from the foundation up. O-line was not addressed until Luck was well into his career and the damage was already done. Would have thought the organization would have learned after the beating Manning took late in his career....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luck retiring kind of reminds me of Barry Sanders retirement. Even I was mad at Barry Sanders for retiring in his prime like he did and I'm not a Lions fan. Oh well can't blame Luck really. I'm surprised more athletes don't retire after they hit the lottery.

aljaklaw;n8889047 said:
it's not just his current contract he's walking away from (including signing bonuses that the Colts can ask back), it's the next post-Mahomes contract he's walking away from as well

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"174","width":"310","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/E2sjRNc.png"}[/IMG2]

I don’t know the rules, but does Indy have to pay anything to keep his tights? I forget what happened with Johnson and Detroit.

Can Luck come out if retirement in a year or two to play for whomever he wants?

JB;n8889043 said:
Luck - Retired

We drafted two weeks ago. I was fortunate enough to avoid both of those scenarios. I just hate preseason for the injury exposure aspect.

JB;n8889043 said:
Luck - Retired

We have our draft on this Thursday. We had it Aug 7th last year which caused a lot of injury/holdout issues.

Danimal;n8889127 said:
We have our draft on this Thursday. We had it Aug 7th last year which caused a lot of injury/holdout issues.

My home league did the same thing two years ago. We now try to wait till Labor Day Weekend if possible.

It’s crazy with even very limited starters playing in the Preseason, you still have that one or two big injuries a year. (crazy retirement is a new one)

Levian Bell holdout wasn’t a sure thing for the whole year until later. The guy right in front of me picked him. I picked David Johnson which was basically not having a top pick all year. This year there is Elliot and Gordon holding out, who knows how that resolves itself.

Danimal;n8889134 said:
Levian Bell holdout wasn’t a sure thing for the whole year until later. The guy right in front of me picked him. I picked David Johnson which was basically not having a top pick all year. This year there is Elliot and Gordon holding out, who knows how that resolves itself.

Zeke seems fairly set. Despite his owner saying it wasn’t necessary. but the Gordon one is super interesting.

I have the 5th pick, so I will take Zeke if he is still there. I hadn’t seen that news until you brought it up.

The more I think about it the more I think Luck is brilliant for making this move. Easy to say since I'm not a Colts fan obviously, but the guy has more than enough money to live an amazing, healthy, stress free life with the ones he loves. Why give that up for a game that doesn't matter or for more money when you already have enough?

ArmyGolf;n8889146 said:
The more I think about it the more I think Luck is brilliant for making this move. Easy to say since I'm not a Colts fan obviously, but the guy has more than enough money to live an amazing, healthy, stress free life with the ones he loves. Why give that up for a game that doesn't matter or for more money when you already have enough?

I wouldn’t be surprised the tv networks were giving his agent a little hint about a broadcasting job next year.

I know the odds are pretty much zero, but it would be a hell of a Mcmahon steal if Luck decided to join the league his dad runs, the XFL.

I respect the hell out of Luck on this one. The courage to walk away for the right reasons is something lost today.

Plus, the Colts had YEARS to properly protect him, and they didn’t.

Calling it now, Eagles trade Jordan Howard and 3rd round pick to Texans for Jadeveon Clowney.

fuffle master;n8889285 said:
Calling it now, Eagles trade Jordan Howard and 3rd round pick to Texans for Jadeveon Clowney.

That’s been one of the most consistent trade rumors bantered locally. I don’t mind it, but would rather get a LT instead of a RB

fuffle master;n8889285 said:

I spent a couple bucks on Howard at the end of our draft If he gets traded and has a legit chance of expanding his role, I'd be all for it.

Jman;n8889211 said:
I respect the hell out of Luck on this one. The courage to walk away for the right reasons is something lost today. .

Fans generally don't give a s--- about the players. That's what I found over the years. I've seen how "fans" stomp on the players when they hold out/strike and don't stand in solidarity with the players. I guess Luck's timing could have been WAY better but still, it's his life. He's Stanford educated so I'm sure he's got enough head on his shoulders to make it work.

I could definitely see him in the booth as others have said too.

Jman;n8889211 said:
I respect the hell out of Luck on this one. The courage to walk away for the right reasons is something lost today.

Plus, the Colts had YEARS to properly protect him, and they didn’t.

I tip my cap to him. He made the call to walk away for his mind, body, and life that he wanted to live. Not only did the Colts have years to protect him, but they also have known for the last few years the guy is a bit fragile, so they should have a decent backup plan both in QB and playbook. Not to say they would have planned for an entire season without him, but hey that's where we are now.

I'd like to hear your take on the Arizona Cardinals Hand Clap false start situation. If a fake clap is a false start fine, but why is there no clear definition of what is a false start on the QB and what is not? Clapping itself can not be an issue because EVERY QB claps crazy amount and stomps their feet as the play clock is winding down.

Why did no official point it out durning training camp? It was never called in preseason game 1. Then out of seemingly no where it royally messed with Murray's head in game 2. If you didn't see it, he did not fake clap. He clapped once and they called a false start twice in the first 4 plays. At the time it seemed to be the "urgency with which he clapped". Then in game 3, the Cards went to a silent count with Murray. Not false starts. When the backup came in, he did a fake clap, flag. This one I'm ok with because he was in affect simulating a snap. But on the next play or so, he simply lifted his foot. No clap. No lunge at the line. Just lifted it like is done across the league to start receivers in motion. *flag*

What is going on? Is it hazing? Is it "we don't want your kind around here"?

Why wont the NFL come out at publicly explain the issue? It's clear from the reports and interviews here that the Cardinals have been told by the NFL to not discuss it. Why would't the league want an explanation out to the fans so they understand the parameters to play with. If this is a subjective call by the game official...that's a crazy disadvantage for them. Having to go silent count even when at home, that's another huge competitive disadvantage for Arizona.

What's your take?

Luck is allegedly walking away from $400 million in potential future earnings just on the field. :bulgy-eyes:

Northerner;n8892419 said:
Luck is allegedly walking away from $400 million in potential future earnings just on the field. :bulgy-eyes:

I guess when you already have a ton of money getting $400 million doesn't matter.

I would play QB and get beat up for $400 million, but I'm a 5'1" female, I might die trying.

GolferGal;n8892503 said:
I guess when you already have a ton of money getting $400 million doesn't matter.

I would play QB and get beat up for $400 million, but I'm a 5'1" female, I might die trying.

What does he got...$40 million in earnings at this point? I could make whatever he has, work.

He has a degree in engineering from Stanford, so as I said, he's more intelligent than like 99.99% of NFLers anyways.

But anyone would be not-human to look at his potential future earnings and at least ponder the idea..

Smart guy like Luck should walk into the owners office and say "screw the money, I want partial ownership of the franchise...and let's make this work..." lol

If guys like Theo Epstein (I think in the future, won't ask for money - they will outright ask for stake in ownership) could perhaps argue for franchise ownership, why shouldn't a player?

Back