2019 Women’s World Cup - France

mikeg_74

2015 Grandaddy | 2019 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
I didn’t see a thread dedicated to the women so I’m starting this one. I might spend the time talking to myself, the pinnacle of women’s soccer is on display across France for the next few weeks.

After the first few days of group play only one upset with Italy beating Australia in stoppage time. Argentina drawing Japan 0-0 is a minor upset as Japan was in the finals against the US in 2015 and Argentina has never won or tied a WC match until today.

Tomorrow the USWNT kickoff the tournament against Thailand.

Groups A-E have played and the remaining two teams of Group E and All of Group F play tomorrow. Here are the group standings through today’s matches

dc66087f2a27cf5c139aa4dd98181e51.jpg

d7f69a92805818ee092a019356630084.jpg

40a51d9a29089634045637c25716faba.jpg

6738ae68d8338987e0ff934c256b4fc9.jpg

5e8822bb3cc2921bb4abc4b087afc4dc.jpg

b5c9e8019a43bc451d35b5729ee741ee.jpg

Not really a soccer fan at all but i love the World Cup and Olympic soccer, men’s and women’s. I’ll be watching Team USA

Not really a soccer fan at all but i love the World Cup and Olympic soccer, men’s and women’s. I’ll be watching Team USA

Coaching two girls teams for the past couple of years and my background playing I’m always interested in how these games play out.

My oldest is really into it and has a watch party with some of her teammates at our house tomorrow

I watched some of the France and Norway games. They both looked good and despite being a US fan, it is nice to see more and more quality women’s national teams. The top 10-15 countries in the FIFA rankings all have good teams.

I am looking forward to watching the US women this tournament. The schedule works well for them since they can play a few warm up games before the Sweden match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty good first game with the Netherlands getting a stoppage time goal in the second half to win 1-0. You can see that play developing and the goalie being out of position hurt NZ.

Back from vacation and now I get to dig into the Women's World Cup. I've been looking forward to getting into this and my son loves him some soccer so hopefully he gets to enjoy some too. The USA team has looked solid leading up to today's match, will be rooting for them.

I am not sure how we feel about spoilers here, but I am watching while at work.

Spoiler
Shooting gallery. They may beat France's score in the 1st half.

The USWNT are showing out! I know Thailand is not a world beater, it still good god!!

giphy.gif

US celebrating like they're going to the final

it's 10-0 vs thailand with 10 to go

karma comes back...

I love the US came out this strong. It sends a message they are here to win regardless of the opponent

They are kicking butt wow!

Whoa, that’s nuts

Only 3-0 at the half talk about a barrage

Looks like the USWNT missed an extra point. lol

Nice way to start their World Cup!!

13-0 is insane

Great point Ellis made after the match. This is the World Cup. Every goal counts. The need having players feel good about their game. Good start.

I just finished the USWNT game. This score is a little misleading, but it was a dominating performance. By my count at least 6 of these goals were poor play by the goalie getting out of position.

Regardless a strong showing and I’m excited for the rest of this tournament

I just finished the USWNT game. This score is a little misleading, but it was a dominating performance. By my count at least 6 of these goals were poor play by the goalie getting out of position.

Regardless a strong showing and I’m excited for the rest of this tournament

The goalie had zero support from her defender’s. Half were uncontested. But when you have 5 US attacker’s crashing the goal on each run it’s hard to (wo)man up.

I am not sure how we feel about spoilers here, but I am watching while at work.

Talk away. I just watched the game (13 goals, really?) and I just avoid the thread.

What a night for the ladies! Wish they had taken Morgan out so she could get an ovation. Sports Illustrated made a good pick for one of their Swimsuit edition covers with her for sure.

I posted when it was 3-0 and then went to lunch and had a work meeting. I turned it back on and it was 10-0. Wow. It isn’t like anyone thought Thailand stood a chance, but wow.

Now I'm rooting for a US vs Canada match

#USBeingMeanies

Now I'm rooting for a US vs Canada match

#USBeingMeanies

They barely escaped with a win over Cameroon, they need to be more concerned with getting out of their group than the supposed USWNT “classless” play.

amazing! australia comes back from 2-0 down to give brazil their first group stage loss since 1995

controversial own goal was the winner

Coaching two girls teams for the past couple of years and my background playing I’m always interested in how these games play out.

My oldest is really into it and has a watch party with some of her teammates at our house tomorrow

I love watching the USWNT & World Cup! Just wish it wasn't happening during the US Open lol!

I missed the Aussies come back & beat Brazil. Who was favored in that match?

Back